Falkirk vs Clyde

Since its been a few years since we've played at the falkirk stadium hopefully we can come away with atleast a point if we take the game to falkirk and not repeat the first half performance like raith, frodo and lamont should start whether loves ankle holds up is another matter but drop Smith onto the bench along Petkov. What's the best place to park, still down at the industrial estate next to the asda distribution site? 

11 minutes ago, Only one David Marsh said:

Since its been a few years since we've played at the falkirk stadium hopefully we can come away with atleast a point if we take the game to falkirk and not repeat the first half performance like raith, frodo and lamont should start whether loves ankle holds up is another matter but drop Smith onto the bench along Petkov. What's the best place to park, still down at the industrial estate next to the asda distribution site? 

I would probably suggest parking at the Auld Toll boozer in the Grangemouth old town, about a 10 minute walk from there and its just off the motorway and easy enough to get back on. 

1 hour ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Looking forward to this, we've played at the FTH twice and both were draws if I remember correctly. 

What stand will we be in? 

We opened the North Stand for East Fife who brought 2-300 fans so I'd imagine that's where you'll be as well

4 hours ago, BroadwoodBoy said:

Best pubs for pre & post match refreshments?

Wellington Bar. Lager on tap, fitbaw on the TV, juke box and a pull table. Proper boozer! 

4 hours ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Remember a Tuesday night game after the Saturday was postponed. In the wee gazebo behind the goals, think we drew 0-0.

I am hopeful we can sneak a 1-0 win here. Goodwillie brace. 

Aye I'm sure I remember a story that a Clyde fan sent an electric blanket to the Falkirk stadium as a joke. The under soil heating failed in one of the goal mouths. As the game was I nipped down the road to love street and watched the St Mirren v Airdrie game and seen Russel Latapy standing outside the main stand smoking 😂

Aye I remember the wee gazebo, daft wee gazebo next to an ultra modern stand, didnt half look odd! 2 shite draws at that place, think Falkirk beat us twice at Broadwood including a 1-0 where Latapy scored with a sexy wee chip from a penalty. Was also the same season we done Falkirk 3-0 in the Scottish Cup. Less said about our then manager the better. 

Really looking forward to this, someone said above if Falkirk get an early goal then that should see them well, didnt quite work for Raith at the weekend, our boys don't know when they're beat. Should be a good game and a good day out. 

Edited by Ingo ohne Flamingo

24 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Wellington Bar. Lager on tap, fitbaw on the TV, juke box and a pull table. Proper boozer! 

Aye I'm sure I remember a story that a Clyde fan sent an electric blanket to the Falkirk stadium as a joke. The under soil heating failed in one of the goal mouths. As the game was I nipped down the road to love street and watched the St Mirren v Airdrie game and seen Russel Latapy standing outside the main stand smoking 😂

Aye I remember the wee gazebo, daft wee gazebo next to an ultra modern stand, didnt half look odd! 2 shite draws at that place, think Falkirk beat us twice at Broadwood including a 1-0 where Latapy scored with a sexy wee chip from a penalty. Was also the same season we done Falkirk 3-0 in the Scottish Cup. Less said about our then manager the better. 

Really looking forward to this, someone said above if Falkirk get an early goal then that should see them well, didnt quite work for Raith at the weekend, our boys don't know when they're beat. Should be a good game and a good day out. 

The Welly's tarts are classier than that. They offer pull sofas.

Not been to the Falkirk stadium yet so looking forward to this. Be a pleasant surprise a 3000+ crowd at a League 1 game too. 

Not sure team selection wise, I'd like to say I would like to see the side that ended Saturdays game but that would maybe be a little harsh on McStay.

Mitchell

Lyon Howie Rumsby McNiff 

Johnston Cuddihy/McStay Lamont Grant Love 

Goodwillie 

Surely the likes of Sammon and McManus and Falkirk in general wont be as static and poor as they were in the first meeting therefore I'm expecting them to be a different animal from the team we faced in August. Would be happy with a point.

20 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

The Welly's tarts are classier than that. They offer pull sofas.

f**k sake 😂😂, should edit that 🙈

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If you care to mosey on over to the Twitter thread there's a video couple making use of a "pull table" on a Scotrail train.

Never seen anything like it in the Welly tbh.

Certainly seen some finger banging in a nightclub in Glasgow, not as yet in the welly 😂

Not been to the Falkirk stadium yet so looking forward to this. Be a pleasant surprise a 3000+ crowd at a League 1 game too. 
Not sure team selection wise, I'd like to say I would like to see the side that ended Saturdays game but that would maybe be a little harsh on McStay.
Mitchell
Lyon Howie Rumsby McNiff 
Goodwillie 
Surely the likes of Sammon and McManus and Falkirk in general wont be as static and poor as they were in the first meeting therefore I'm expecting them to be a different animal from the team we faced in August. Would be happy with a point.
Looks like the penny has finally dropped for Ray that a narrow midfield doesn't work in this league so hopefully not the same as you seen in August.
What kind of away support will you bring?

1 hour ago, C. Muir said:

Mitchell

Lyon Howie Rumsby McNiff 

Goodwillie 

Thankfully hes ditched the diamond formation he tried to persist with for about a year.  We have certainly improved as sn attacking force since then.

6 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:

Looks like the penny has finally dropped for Ray that a narrow midfield doesn't work in this league so hopefully not the same as you seen in August.
What kind of away support will you bring?

I'd like to think a bigger than usual given it's very close and a ground we've not been at for years (as I've said first time for me this weekend, and probably many others).

Will guess between 3 and 400