Auchinleck Talbot v Arbroath

Rab Douglas

'Arbroath will be on a hiding to nothing in the Scottish Cup.

Obviously we are expected to win but everybody knows that the strongest junior teams provide a hard test. I suspect the standard of player will be similar to the lower leagues of the SPFL.

This is what gets called an 'attitude game' you have to match the other teams enthusiasm and that has rarely been a problem for this Arbroath team'

Well said by big Rab. Sure DC and the gang will have the guys well prepared for this. Our energy and workrate has been spot on in near enough every game this season if we go out and play like we have at home to Inverness, away to Firhill, the Recs and Tannadice we will get through this.

Play like we did at Dens or last week at Morton though and we could be in trouble

Yes. And that’s how we lost to Edinburgh City and Clyde.

Absolutely right. Start with our best 11 and if we’re fortunate enough to get well ahead then bring on some fringe players. It would be great to see Swanks get some game time. Today’s heavy pitch might not be ideal for him, though. I expect a tousy game.

Incredibly 8/11 available freely for the Championship high flyers against a Junior team papped 3-0 in their own league last week.

If only it was as straight forward as that !!!!

Was planning on attending but unfortunately Father is not well enough to travel through.

Best of luck to both teams (Unless I have a late bet)

Oh well Kirrie v Tayport instead.

Edited by superbigal