Auchinleck Talbot v Arbroath

The left back was horrendous on Saturday like to hear about all these changes means he's slightly undecided on his best team

Everyone including him knows our best team, think he thought about it too much Saturday

Whole team was pretty poor on Saturday to be honest, wouldn't judge him on that alone. Been superb this season against much better teams than Auchinleck

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Everyone including him knows our best team, think he thought about it too much Saturday

Whole team was pretty poor on Saturday to be honest, wouldn't judge him on that alone. Been superb this season against much better teams than Auchinleck

In this game you are only as good as your last game m8 so are you saying he disrespected auchinleck on Saturday 

In this game you are only as good as your last game m8 so are you saying he disrespected auchinleck on Saturday 

Never disrespected Auchinleck at all.

Just over thought the occasion and the narrow park, changed the formation and team away from what had been doing well in the league

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Never disrespected Auchinleck at all.

Just over thought the occasion and the narrow park, changed the formation and team away from what had been doing well in the league

He should take a leaf out of truckers book I'd if it's not broken don't fix it. 

Just didn't see where you were going to score on Saturday 

9 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Agree with both points

It was an incredibly frustrating watch from our point of view

Best of luck tonight obviously I hope you don't win good luck for the rest of the season m8 

I had mixed feelings about Saturday, slightly frustrated that we didn't play well, slightly relieved that we are still in the cup and also slightly surprised how good Auchinleck were.

I also maintain that none of Auchinleck's players would get near our bench so if we turn up tonight and play like we can, then we should have absolutely no problems. Dick said that he had them watched 4 times so definitely didn't underestimate them but most were surprised with some of the changes he made personnel wise and the system change.

One slight issue is the fact that we've been playing what I would say is mainly backs against the wall football this season against mostly full time clubs, where we don't have much possession and our success is built on hard work, being well organised and hard to play against and nicking a goal or two through the brilliance of Linn and of late Donnelly chipping in which has seen us have a very good season so far.

Contrast that to when we are favourites, teams back off against us and we are left in possession and we have to show a bit variation in our play we have often been found wanting, especially in cup ties (Edinburgh City and Clyde games spring to mind of recent examples) so this gives AT  a bit hope if they sit in and stand off us we may struggle and it only takes one moment of brilliance (Auchinecks goal on sat) or a mistake and we could face a long night.

I think we will win 2.0, the "horrendous" Hamilton with both goals.

14 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

I had mixed feelings about Saturday, slightly frustrated that we didn't play well, slightly relieved that we are still in the cup and also slightly surprised how good Auchinleck were.

I also maintain that none of Auchinleck's players would get near our bench so if we turn up tonight and play like we can, then we should have absolutely no problems. Dick said that he had them watched 4 times so definitely didn't underestimate them but most were surprised with some of the changes he made personnel wise and the system change.

One slight issue is the fact that we've been playing what I would say is mainly backs against the wall football this season against mostly full time clubs, where we don't have much possession and our success is built on hard work, being well organised and hard to play against and nicking a goal or two through the brilliance of Linn and of late Donnelly chipping in which has seen us have a very good season so far.

Contrast that to when we are favourites, teams back off against us and we are left in possession and we have to show a bit variation in our play we have often been found wanting, especially in cup ties (Edinburgh City and Clyde games spring to mind of recent examples) so this gives AT  a bit hope if they sit in and stand off us we may struggle and it only takes one moment of brilliance (Auchinecks goal on sat) or a mistake and we could face a long night.

I think we will win 2.0, the "horrendous" Hamilton with both goals.

Ok I will bite  compared to cove on a football basis you ar miles behind them they had players that were justified in playing pro football aird and fyvie  to name two we took our chance against them your team didn't have one play that stood out ie take the ball slow the game down make a pass.

Think possible 4 or 5 would play in your team and not look out of place . The left back was very poor by the way. Between Donnelly and wilson I would have Wilson all day long ,Donnelly actually made ollie mcburnie look like a football player.  Rant over hope it's a good well contested game and our grade don't embarrass you professionals to much

1 minute ago, fb4 said:

Ok I will bite  compared to cove on a football basis you ar miles behind them they had players that were justified in playing pro football aird and fyvie  to name two we took our chance against them your team didn't have one play that stood out ie take the ball slow the game down make a pass.

Think possible 4 or 5 would play in your team and not look out of place . The left back was very poor by the way. Between Donnelly and wilson I would have Wilson all day long ,Donnelly actually made ollie mcburnie look like a football player.  Rant over hope it's a good well contested game and our grade don't embarrass you professionals to much

Ok, I think you have to remember that we have won two championships in three seasons and are currently out performing big clubs like Dunfermline and Partick Thistle so we are miles and miles ahead of Cove as a club at this moment in time.  Luke Donnelly has been playing fairly consistently well in the championship and Hamilton would walk into most teams at Left back or Left centre back at part time level.  One poor performance at Auchinleck doesn't turn these players into junior duds like you're making out.

We were also missing a few due to injury and Campbell making changes. I am pretty confident you will see the real Arbroath tonight. I am sure Auchinleck have players who could step up (seen it with my own eyes) but I wouldn't take any of them in the championship.