Auchinleck Talbot v Arbroath

On 22/10/2019 at 13:20, GordonS said:

FWIW, a double on Talbot to beat Cove and Linlithgow Rose to beat Stirling Uni at the weekend was 9.72 to 1. I'm not sure they're pricing some non-league clubs well. 

I had talbot at 4-1. Was too big a price not to bet. Bookies misjudged that anyway 

Anything other than a home win for Talbot would be a surprise. I was at Irvine when we were the first side knocked out by the juniors, over a decade ago. Now it’s a regular occurrence and barely newsworthy. Talbot have huge cup experience and pedigree while Arbroath have done nothing cup wise for ages (bar the draw at Parkhead, and stolen defeat at Gayfield in the replay a few years ago). We’ve had a few dire results in cups in fact. The main thing is, our primary challenge this year is to try and stay in the Championship - a big ask - so you might argue everything else is secondary. Despite great respect by fans for the management of the Campbell Bros, their cup record in charge has been poor - but totally forgiven due to league success. I’ll enjoy the trip down but have no expectations.

Anything other than a home win for Talbot would be a surprise. I was at Irvine when we were the first side knocked out by the juniors, over a decade ago. Now it’s a regular occurrence and barely newsworthy. Talbot have huge cup experience and pedigree while Arbroath have done nothing cup wise for ages (bar the draw at Parkhead, and stolen defeat at Gayfield in the replay a few years ago). We’ve had a few dire results in cups in fact. The main thing is, our primary challenge this year is to try and stay in the Championship - a big ask - so you might argue everything else is secondary. Despite great respect by fans for the management of the Campbell Bros, their cup record in charge has been poor - but totally forgiven due to league success. I’ll enjoy the trip down but have no expectations.

Are you joking? This is our biggest test yet even bigger test than ayr and cove as I think their playing style suited talbot.

[emoji23][emoji23]

Mate it'll be a tough game but we absolutely should be winning it.

Losing it would be extremely poor but as I said earlier Talbot have done it before so it can happen. Juniors have taken a few scalps now so losing has not got the same stigma as it had before. Hopefully we can get another couple good results before it so we go down in good spirits.

On 21 October 2019 at 15:41, lichtie23 said:

I don’t think any Lichtie will be underestimating Talbot but to say there would be no shame in losing to them (a side many levels below us) is a ridiculous comment.

Where’s best for visiting supporters to go pre match?

Cumnock 

On 27/10/2019 at 08:14, farflung lichtie said:

I've seen some utterly abysmal attempts to play down expectations on P&B before but this has got to be the worst yet.

On 27/10/2019 at 08:14, farflung lichtie said:

Minter.

On 25/10/2019 at 10:52, Jason King said:

I'd be getting my inoculations updated just in case. 

Along with regular treatment for vaginal dryness to your mouth. Arbroath lads this is one of the roasters that one of our lads has warned you about.

Mon Arbroath, do the Bot in to shut that one roaster up in our threads claiming Talbot could win the Championship.
I can tell if we played Talbot we'd lose handily lol.
Crazy to say Talbot would win the championship, yes we beat Ayr but over a season I don't think we would be near the top end the championship, I honestly think we would do well in league 2 and maybe mid table league1 team eventually.

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Mon Arbroath, do the Bot in to shut that one roaster up in our threads claiming Talbot could win the Championship.

I can tell if we played Talbot we'd lose handily lol.

That roaster is a Killie fan trying (and succeeding) to wind up the Ayr fans