Auchinleck Talbot v Arbroath

Very tough game against a good auchinleck side who I’d say would be going for promotion in L2.

By far better than kelty from the showing in the previous round who have spent stupid money to try win there place in L2.

As for the quality of players some decent players who I’d consider for Arbroath’s squad definitely better than Omar and Wilson I’d say.

Looking forward to the away day [emoji482]

It's officially no leagues, because they're not in the pyramid at all. If Talbot had joined the LL when it was set up then they'd have been Tier 5, and I'm certain they'd have been promoted out of that very quickly. I honestly can't see why they couldn't reach the Championship, with a bit of luck and the right team coming together - if Brechin and Alloa can do it, so could Talbot. Whether they'd want to is another issue.

Stranraer nearly done it a few year ago too.... however with the introduction of the relegation spot think most of the 'bigger' clubs have found their way out of L2 now whilst your Albion Rovers/Brechins/Cowdens/Berwicks have all fallen to the basement league. A lot of teams got their shit together. Looks like Stranraer will fall down now too.

Alloa have a great thing going, well backed by MM and in a good location, use their own plastic to train. Can't see them doing a Brechin.

Looking at Talbot they'd need to make big improvements to that ground, flood lights to start and then you'd have to keep up a good support which would maybe be a lot harder if you weren't winning every week and admissions were up to £15.

Only 3k in the village too which is mad, Arbroath 10 times the size and even Brechin / Annan and Stranraer which are probably the smallest league town clubs are twice the size so if going gets tough might be a gamble. Also nowhere near as many local derbies, would really only be Ayr and how often would they play them?

Can see why they're unsure about it

It's officially no leagues, because they're not in the pyramid at all. If Talbot had joined the LL when it was set up then they'd have been Tier 5, and I'm certain they'd have been promoted out of that very quickly. I honestly can't see why they couldn't reach the Championship, with a bit of luck and the right team coming together - if Brechin and Alloa can do it, so could Talbot. Whether they'd want to is another issue.

Yes but when the Pyramid does come into play Talbot would go into the lowland league so the junior premier league would be 1below that

44 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:
2 hours ago, GordonS said:

Yes but when the Pyramid does come into play Talbot would go into the lowland league so the junior premier league would be 1below that

I very much doubt it, I'm sure they'd be in a west league below the LL, mirroring the EoS. But there's no sign of it happening any time soon, if at all, so we'll just have to wait and see.

to spice up the Scottish cup they should make a new rule . that is if a junior or other non league side knock you out of the cup , you then next season lose your place in the league and go into the Lowdown League ! the team that beats you gets your place in the League ! good idea eh ?

to spice up the Scottish cup they should make a new rule . that is if a junior or other non league side knock you out of the cup , you then next season lose your place in the league and go into the Lowdown League ! the team that beats you gets your place in the League ! good idea eh ?

No

Or you shouldn't need to play two prelim rounds before round1

On 21/10/2019 at 09:50, 1320Lichtie said:

Cove are running away with that league, even on paper they're a good league 1 side. Great result beating them, in a one 

Bit late with this reply but Cove are just a point ahead of us and we meet in just over a week...