Auchinleck Talbot v Arbroath

36 minutes ago, geo 1909 said:

If yous cant get in anywhere in Auchinleck the killie supporters club in Mauchline which is a 10min drive from the park and could take hold a couple of hundred fans no problem #eekapeeka

when they came to Irvine , they only brought enough to fill a minibus , the snug in a small pub should suffice

Not one Auchinleck player would get near our bench which means we should get through if we approach this with the right attitude or it will be another Irvine Meadow, that day gives me the absolute fear.
Football not played on paper and Auchinleck's wins against Ayr and Cove means we could easily could come unstuck.
Aye cause Omar Kader and co are brilliant.Loads of good players in that Talbot team,lad shankland would easy get a game for you lot.

This thread has absolutely nothing to do with me and I wish both teams well but we don’t have a poor Park. We invested heavily on it 15 years ago and it has consistently been one of the best playing surfaces in Scottish football.

You also didn’t come up against a poor team. We absolutely ran away with the league the season before, comfortably beat Brora and Selkirk in the previous rounds and your keeper (Darren Hill) only saved you from an absolute doing. The most one sided 1-0 wins I’ve ever seen.

Couldn't care less what league you'd won I thought you were poor and we were worse.

I don’t think any Lichtie will be underestimating Talbot but to say there would be no shame in losing to them (a side many levels below us) is a ridiculous comment.

Where’s best for visiting supporters to go pre match?

You don't know how many levels below us they really are because they are not in the same pyramid...

It's 4 leagues of a difference I think as the junior league is below lowland then league 2, league1 , championship

Talbot don't get promoted to the lowland league though.... and just beat the champions elect of that league 3-0 away two rounds before. In the last round you beat the champions elect of league 2. Last season Ayr United were top of the league we are in just now scoring for fun and you beat them.

We are favourites and should win but you've already proved you can beat better teams than us

Your junior status is a restriction you've put on yourselves

It's 4 leagues of a difference I think as the junior league is below lowland then league 2, league1 , championship
C'mon, Kelty and Bonnyrigg went straight to the top end of the Lowland League, and Berwick came down to find their level in the bottom half. Talbot are a bottom half of L1 team in all but name.

Players like Mark Whately and Bobby Linn in the current squad were excellent juniors in their time. Many juniors have the tools if given half a chance to step up.
Let's not forget the game mentioned earlier I was at where Boness were pumped. Star of the show was another ex junior who went on to decent things in Simon Murray.

This is from my perspective where 90% of the games I watch are at that level.

C'mon, Kelty and Bonnyrigg went straight to the top end of the Lowland League, and Berwick came down to find their level in the bottom half. Talbot are a bottom half of L1 team in all but name.

From what I've saw I'd say challenging to be League 2 play off team. I think L1 is a bit of a step up from League 2.

But yeah can't look to much into the junior status Talbot are an outlier. Through their own choice however which is a totally different discussion and something I personally find strange.

I think on paper our squad and Alloa's squads are the best part time semi pro squads in the country though and of course we should be looking to win the game.

We struggle for goals though which is a concern but as a side we are solid, second best defensive record in the Championship currently.

Players like Mark Whately and Bobby Linn in the current squad were excellent juniors in their time. Many juniors have the tools if given half a chance to step up.
Let's not forget the game mentioned earlier I was at where Boness were pumped. Star of the show was another ex junior who went on to decent things in Simon Murray.

This is from my perspective where 90% of the games I watch are at that level.

Simon Murray [emoji173]️

13 hours ago, mo83 said:
21 hours ago, Smokerson said:
Not one Auchinleck player would get near our bench which means we should get through if we approach this with the right attitude or it will be another Irvine Meadow, that day gives me the absolute fear.
Football not played on paper and Auchinleck's wins against Ayr and Cove means we could easily could come unstuck.

Aye cause Omar Kader and co are brilliant.Loads of good players in that Talbot team,lad shankland would easy get a game for you lot.

I didn't say there wasn't many good players, their results against Cove and Ayr suggest they will be a massive threat and very dangerous especially at home. I think people also need to remember the level we are playing at now, the experience of our management team and how physical and solid our defence is to also know that it will be a very tough game for Talbot aswel. 

Omar has probably played the least amount of minutes of all players this year so maybe should elaborate on "and co"

17 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:
4 hours ago, GordonS said:

Yes I understand our playing ability but officially it would be 4 leagues ?

It's officially no leagues, because they're not in the pyramid at all. If Talbot had joined the LL when it was set up then they'd have been Tier 5, and I'm certain they'd have been promoted out of that very quickly. I honestly can't see why they couldn't reach the Championship, with a bit of luck and the right team coming together - if Brechin and Alloa can do it, so could Talbot. Whether they'd want to is another issue.