Auchinleck Talbot v Arbroath

Another cracker of a cup tie at Beechwood Park. Can Auchinleck cause another upset or is this one a bridge too far...

Of course you can cause an upset.

Said it in our thread now but there's not even any shame in getting beat by you guys now you've done well against several senior sides.

We could've easily have got a boring draw at home to Clyde or whatever and got beat so atleast we have something interesting.

One of my worst Scottish cup awwy days was Irvine Meadow, horrible experience and we had a poor side. Deservedly beat by a poor Irvine Meadow team on a poor park.

One of the best was beating Bo'ness 5 zip after they'd been giving it beans before the game.

On both occasions it was good to go to a town where it seemed like the whole place was buzzing with Scottish cup fever we don't really get that as we are dumped in at this stage every season and also have League Cup ties against big Premiership sides every year so it's not quite the same.

Talbot get through then the big boys come in and they rarely get to play them.

Really looking forward to this. Hopefully it's not a pain in the arse on the day and all the local neds don't come out.

Should be a good tie

Of course you can cause an upset.

Said it in our thread now but there's not even any shame in getting beat by you guys now you've done well against several senior sides.

We could've easily have got a boring draw at home to Clyde or whatever and got beat so atleast we have something interesting.

One of my worst Scottish cup awwy days was Irvine Meadow, horrible experience and we had a poor side. Deservedly beat by a poor Irvine Meadow team on a poor park.

One of the best was beating Bo'ness 5 zip after they'd been giving it beans before the game.

On both occasions it was good to go to a town where it seemed like the whole place was buzzing with Scottish cup fever we don't really get that as we are dumped in at this stage every season and also have League Cup ties against big Premiership sides every year so it's not quite the same.

Talbot get through then the big boys come in and they rarely get to play them.

Really looking forward to this. Hopefully it's not a pain in the arse on the day and all the local neds don't come out.

Should be a good tie
We are under no illusions on how difficult the game will be , no problems with neds

I would say there should be as there is a significant gap between the 2, maybe league 2 not so much although I would imagine cove are an exception in there.

Cove are running away with that league, even on paper they're a good league 1 side. Great result beating them, in a one off game you lot will be buzzing for this and it will be very tough.

The thing about our team in comparison to the Ayr one you beat last season is we will be used to digging in to get a result it's the way we play.

That Ayr team were and still are a cracking footballing side so when you got in their faces last year on a difficult surface they struggled with it. Cove seem to be similar, blowing teams away playing nice stuff in the league.

Cove are running away with that league, even on paper they're a good league 1 side. Great result beating them, in a one off game you lot will be buzzing for this and it will be very tough.

The thing about our team in comparison to the Ayr one you beat last season is we will be used to digging in to get a result it's the way we play.

That Ayr team were and still are a cracking footballing side so when you got in their faces last year on a difficult surface they struggled with it. Cove seem to be similar, blowing teams away playing nice stuff in the league.

Yes I agree going by both games that Ayr and Cove play very similar. So maybe Talbot tactics need to be different from those 2 games.

Not one Auchinleck player would get near our bench which means we should get through if we approach this with the right attitude or it will be another Irvine Meadow, that day gives me the absolute fear.

Football not played on paper and Auchinleck's wins against Ayr and Cove means we could easily could come unstuck.

This thread has absolutely nothing to do with me and I wish both teams well but we don’t have a poor Park. We invested heavily on it 15 years ago and it has consistently been one of the best playing surfaces in Scottish football.

You also didn’t come up against a poor team. We absolutely ran away with the league the season before, comfortably beat Brora and Selkirk in the previous rounds and your keeper (Darren Hill) only saved you from an absolute doing. The most one sided 1-0 wins I’ve ever seen.

2 hours ago, Smokerson said:

Not one Auchinleck player would get near our bench which means we should get through if we approach this with the right attitude or it will be another Irvine Meadow, that day gives me the absolute fear.

Football not played on paper and Auchinleck's wins against Ayr and Cove means we could easily could come unstuck.

This is True and we thought the same last year, however it should be remembered that Talbot have quite a few ex seniors (3 or 4 from Ayr), they've also got a settled team, a winning mentality and they really are no mugs.

I knew all this beforehand of course but still thought that us being top of the Championship and blowing away the likes of Dundee Utd that it would have been a formality, however, you know the rest.................

I have no love for Auchinleck Talbot (or Junior football in general), but they are an organised and settled unit with a lot of hardworking players who know how to get a result, and they have an astute manager in Tommy Sloan.

A lot of our fans underestimated Talbot when we played them, but I definitely didn't. By halftime I knew we wouldn't win.

3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

I don’t think any Lichtie will be underestimating Talbot but to say there would be no shame in losing to them (a side many levels below us) is a ridiculous comment.

Where’s best for visiting supporters to go pre match?

If yous cant get in anywhere in Auchinleck the killie supporters club in Mauchline which is a 10min drive from the park and could take hold a couple of hundred fans no problem #eekapeeka

5 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

This thread has absolutely nothing to do with me and I wish both teams well but we don’t have a poor Park. We invested heavily on it 15 years ago and it has consistently been one of the best playing surfaces in Scottish football.

You also didn’t come up against a poor team. We absolutely ran away with the league the season before, comfortably beat Brora and Selkirk in the previous rounds and your keeper (Darren Hill) only saved you from an absolute doing. The most one sided 1-0 wins I’ve ever seen.

was at the game and everything Stuart says is spot on ! just think ten years later Arbroath are back in Ayrshire again for maybe same again