The Darren Smith Derby (Binos vs Clyde)

Clyde01

1 hour ago, Scott-Replay said:

Aye, Blair isn’t a bad keeper at all. A great distributor and a very competent shot stopper. As others have mentioned, he was not overly confident with high balls into the box.

In saying all of this, I do think Mitchell is a quite considerably better goalkeeper.

Agreed with that last sentence, whilst his release didn't surprise me as I just had a wee suspicion that he wouldn't be kept, I didn't think we would improve his position that much but I was wrong, Mitchell is a fucking outstanding GK and especially after a poor few years for him, he seems to be really enjoying his football and loves the fans. 

Stirling's superb highlights, with forensic analysis of their penalty shout. Duffie definitely gets the ball, think he makes contact with Bikey first though.

Also quite conclusive about how many yards we stole to score the first, and that it was a certain penalty for our second.

Edited by David W

Stirling's superb highlights, with forensic analysis of their penalty shout. Duffie definitely gets the ball, think he makes contact with Bikey first though.
Also quite conclusive about how many yards we stole to score the first, and that it was a certain penalty for our second.
Very good highlights.

Bikey was pulling Duffie back before they even got in the box. Noticed they didn't show any replay of Petkov being decked in the box. I thought Goodwillie went down easy for the penalty that was given. Don't think there was much contact.

4 minutes ago, David W said:

The slow mo shows Currie catch him right on the ankle.

Funny how we all see different view points based on our allegiances.  I am guilty too.

My view was the Clyde defender touched the ball but went right through the back of Bikey - certain penalty.  

Ref was about to blow for Clyde player gaining 5-6 metres and throwing the ball leading to the goal, but just made an error and then the excellent finish from Daz.  Tough one to take as it was the ref that cost us.

Goodwillie's penalty was never a pen.  He ran through, stood on the keeper and dived while twisting his body.  Clever play from him but a bad decision from the ref.

Good luck Clyde, I am sure you feel relieved as it was a close game.  But the referee cost us the game.   

12 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

And me. There is no logic to diving there...……….

and yet the ref doesn't send Blair Currie off indicating there was no clear goal scoring opportunity. Something Goodwillie relalised and hence the dive.

8 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Didn't realise how much Cuddihy went forward at the throw in for the first goal :lol: Although stealing yards at throws happens in every game every week.

this is what enraged Rutkiewicz. The referee clearly indicated where the throw was to be taken from and then watched him steal 10 yards.

1 hour ago, headthebaw said:

and yet the ref doesn't send Blair Currie off indicating there was no clear goal scoring opportunity. Something Goodwillie relalised and hence the dive.

The rules changed about 3 years ago.