The Darren Smith Derby (Binos vs Clyde)

Clyde01

Happy enough with a local trip to Forthbank in Round 3, a ground I always enjoy visiting, and a winnable tie for us.

Will be sad for Binos fans to see their greatest ever player is only a jobbers squad player for us.

The loser will be made to give Daz a lifetime contract.

Happy enough with the draw. Pretty local & always a good day out in Stirling. Hopefully the game draws a decent crowd with an atmosphere to match. A winnable tie against lower league opposition as well. 

Looking forward to seeing big Kev’s glorious baldy napper, just hope he doesn’t crock Ray Grant!!

Happy enough with a local trip to Forthbank in Round 3, a ground I always enjoy visiting, and a winnable tie for us.

Will be sad for Binos fans to see their greatest ever player is only a jobbers squad player for us.

The loser will be made to give Daz a lifetime contract.

This hasn’t aged well, turns out you Stirling boys were onto something Darren Lee Smith just might be a player after all!

Looking forward to him rattling in a few against you and kissing the Clyde badge.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, macclyde+ said:

Heading to his next week with a few of the guys.

Stirling lads, where the best place to eat and get a few jars near the station ? Nothing fancy you understand 😉

Cold Beer Company (aka Morrisons). Walk straight ahead out the station onto Murray Place, and it’s on your right. Standard Belhaven fare but it ticks the above boxes and will have the football on TV. You’ve also got a Wetherspoons just up the road from it, if you’re into that sort of thing. 

Stirling is an excellent day out. Really looking forward to it. Hopefully we’ll have 11 players.

Nothing worse than going out the Scottish cup early doors. Especially to a team a league below you (which we are more than used to!).

Would like to think even with the injuries we have we will have enough to win this one. Fingers crossed Goodie is fit because Smith can't be trusted to remember to take the ball with him when he attempts to run with the thing.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

12 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Nothing worse than going out the Scottish cup early doors. Especially to a team a league below you (which we are more than used to!).

Would like to think even with the injuries we have we will have enough to win this one. Fingers crossed Goodie is fit because Smith can't be trusting to remember to take the ball with him when he attempts to run with the thing.

Is Darren still unaware of offside or have your coaches managed to get him understand the principle of it?

This will be a tough game just due to the amount of players we have out, Darren has been a bit of a disappointment for me to be honest apart from his brilliant goal against Falkirk and a decent performance away at Dumbarton he's done nothing of note, I still can't believe he scored so much for Stirling. 

I hope we can win it in the 90 minutes without having a replay also I passed Rankin the other day and he seemed to be walking fine!