Linlithgow Rose Vs Falkirk

I watched from in front of the enclosure and was surprised how unforgiving some Rose fans were of their side (even before the late goals)... I'm all for having expectations / high standards but ultimately this was full-time v part-time with 3 levels and 40 league places between them. You're always going to be second-best in some departments: you've got worse players.

Standard tbh. Some Rose fans are still living with a sense of entitlement based on Rose success in the Juniors 10 years ago. Some of the shouts coming from the stand, aimed at their own players and captured on tv were a red-neck. Think it was only 8 mins in when Michael Stewart had to apologise for some industrial bile heard loud and clear, and coming from someone clearly old enough to know better.

Most Rose fans are Falkirk fans BTW

Ok then.

Took in this, which I suspect was no kinder on the eye via TV than it was in person.

Linlithgow have struggled in the EOS Premier this season and the frailties often cited there... variable kicking by the 'keeper, lapses in central defence, midfielders giving away possession, and lack of real incision up front... hampered their chance of mounting a surprise tonight. Falkirk didn't play particularly well until fitness told late-on and it could have been interesting to see how in form sides like Bonnyrigg, BSCG, Bo'ness or Camelon may have fared.

Sammon was the clear difference between the teams: nonetheless the hosts plugged away well, deserved to get themselves back into the tie at 1-1, and briefly looked as if they might put on real pressure in the closing quarter. Coyne was blown by then - and they should really have made subs earlier... switches was made just after going 3-1 down which was too late really.

I watched from in front of the enclosure and was surprised how unforgiving some Rose fans were of their side (even before the late goals)... I'm all for having expectations / high standards but ultimately this was full-time v part-time with 3 levels and 40 league places between them. You're always going to be second-best in some departments: you've got worse players.

Overall the homesters acquitted themselves as well as they could against superior opposition. Big crowd, well-organised match experience, but sadly not a shock to round-off the night.
You won't have seen many posts over the years where Sammom mentioned as a positive influence...!!!

Rose fans fucking beeling. Absolute minter for all the typical Rose gloryhunters that appear for big ties but don’t even know what league they play in. Congratulations Falkirk, never in doubt.
Were you the one spitting on the Rose player?

You come across as that type of Bellend.

Were you the one spitting on the Rose player? 

You come across as that type of Bellend.

Were you the one using industrial language to abuse your own players only 8 minutes in?

You come across as that type of bellend.

Embarrassing backslapping on the Rose thread for making last night happen, (you stuck a metal barrier in for segregation and put a burger van on the hill [emoji1]) then normal service resumes with your joke posters on here slating your own players for losing to a full time pro team a few leagues above.

As has been said on the Rose thread what little chance we had went with an awful team selection. Back four should have been Gray, McGowan, Thom and Hutchison.

McKinlay should have been selling burgers in the van.

Good to see Brown Ferguson’s team selections getting absolutely slated after his, erm, 4th or 5th game or something like that? Against a full time side several leagues above.

Pathetic.

*you wouldn't have been in this round.

FYI you are because you are the worst you've been in your life.

Bollocks post!
I can remember the state of us in the late 70s, considerably worse than we are now.
Not to mention the farcical collection of imposters Hartley assembled last season.

Were you the one using industrial language to abuse your own players only 8 minutes in?

You come across as that type of bellend.

Embarrassing backslapping on the Rose thread for making last night happen, (you stuck a metal barrier in for segregation and put a burger van on the hill [emoji1]) then normal service resumes with your joke posters on here slating your own players for losing to a full time pro team a few leagues above.
Away and comment on your own Scottish tie...!!

Just remember you support one of the few backwards teams who haven't even applied for a licence.

A team who waits in line on a Monday morning to hire the local council facility like a pub team.

Away and comment on your own Scottish tie...!!

Just remember you support one of the few backwards teams who haven't even applied for a licence.

A team who waits in line on a Monday morning to hire the local council facility like a pub team.

What a state to get yourself in... [emoji1]

You are a part-time supporter who’s club do nothing to support community football at their ground. Bo’ness are going through the proper channels and working toward their licence and obtaining it on merit, emphasis being on the word ‘working’ as opposed to buying their way in and being funded by hand-outs from the likes of FOLR.

This was a no win game for us. The new guys used this game to experiment with the three at the back knowing that even if it didnt work we should have enough in the locker to see us through this tie. This was an ideal match for DMLM to get a look at some of the guys in a match, and they must have clocked that Durnan is a terrible footballer and Miller isnt much better. It is crystal that Miller was a panic signing by Ray to pad out the squad.

I thought Dixon did ok but he was left unmarked for long spells of the game, he did put in some decent crosses but not of the quality that Stewart was slavering about. Talking about slavering hoors, Yogi, I do love the guy but he is a total idiot. I had to laugh when he more or less said that we would have to persuade him to be our next manager! Get a grip Yogi, no one will touch you with a barge pole at the minute, if he is lucky he might get a gig at a junior club.

I thought our back three's distribution was just woeful at times, and we did hoof the ball too much for my liking, but it was a comfortable win.

1 hour ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

This was a no win game for us. The new guys used this game to experiment with the three at the back knowing that even if it didnt work we should have enough in the locker to see us through this tie. This was an ideal match for DMLM to get a look at some of the guys in a match, and they must have clocked that Durnan is a terrible footballer and Miller isnt much better. It is crystal that Miller was a panic signing by Ray to pad out the squad.

I thought Dixon did ok but he was left unmarked for long spells of the game, he did put in some decent crosses but not of the quality that Stewart was slavering about. Talking about slavering hoors, Yogi, I do love the guy but he is a total idiot. I had to laugh when he more or less said that we would have to persuade him to be our next manager! Get a grip Yogi, no one will touch you with a barge pole at the minute, if he is lucky he might get a gig at a junior club.

I thought our back three's distribution was just woeful at times, and we did hoof the ball too much for my liking, but it was a comfortable win.

Our club is in an absolute state so any experienced manager is going to ask questions.  Out of all the candidates quoted he's by far and away the most successful so he's earned that right. 

FWIW, I hope Miller & McCracken give us the necessary uplift and get it.  

What a state to get yourself in... [emoji1]

You are a part-time supporter who’s club do nothing to support community football at their ground. Bo’ness are going through the proper channels and working toward their licence and obtaining it on merit, emphasis being on the word ‘working’ as opposed to buying their way in and being funded by hand-outs from the likes of FOLR.
Looked like plenty of activity at half time to me - or maybe all the kids playing 7s was a mirage.

Happy to compare where our respective teams are at.

Licence - check
Own ground - check
Social club - check
Own Hospitality Suite (not shared) - check

Your turn...!!!

Looked like plenty of activity at half time to me - or maybe all the kids playing 7s was a mirage.

Happy to compare where our respective teams are at.

Licence - check
Own ground - check
Social club - check
Own Hospitality Suite (not shared) - check

Your turn...!!!

Bitch

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

The kids only got on for ten mins at half time last night and that was just the Rose trying too hard cos they were on the telly! 😂

Your club offer the local youngsters NOTHING.

The kids only got on for ten mins at half time last night and that was just the Rose trying too hard cos they were on the telly! [emoji23]
Your club offer the local youngsters NOTHING.
Ok I will bite. You are an absolute twat! You have no idea of the links between the two and you basically have no idea.

Move on to your own thread and leave this one in peace.