Linlithgow Rose Vs Falkirk

Tommy Coyne has won the Ballon d’Or tbf.

The Wee Rose will be expecting a win due to their arrogance, but they’ll be getting slapped back to The Black Bitch I’m afraid.
???. What arrogance?

Think you're a wee tad jealous of the rose old chap.

Tommy Coyne has won the Ballon d’Or tbf.

The Wee Rose will be expecting a win due to their arrogance, but they’ll be getting slapped back to The Black Bitch I’m afraid.

Do you honestly think the rose fans are expecting to win?[emoji85][emoji85][emoji23]

???. What arrogance?

Think you're a wee tad jealous of the rose old chap.

Yep, I support a cup-winning European outfit, but I’m jealous of you lot.

I really doubt he is tbh [emoji1]

Correct.

FTFY

Please refrain from following me around the forum you melt.

Do you honestly think the rose fans are expecting to win?[emoji85][emoji85][emoji23]

Yes. They are.

Pat Scullion is one to watch. Still fucking gutted we let him go all these years ago.

He looks a big lad in that video. Can't imagine time has improved that any. Doesn't look the most mobile either. Hopefully we can keep the ball and run around him.

51 minutes ago, mic_17_uk said:
23 hours ago, C. Muir said:
Pat Scullion is one to watch. Still fucking gutted we let him go all these years ago.

He looks a big lad in that video. Can't imagine time has improved that any. Doesn't look the most mobile either. Hopefully we can keep the ball and run around him.

You would need to pay to get back in 😂

For the Falkirk fans - Rose's problems over the past year and a half have mostly been in defence. Scullion is a big lad and a threat at set pieces, but he's contributed to the weaknesses of shape, communication and decision making. McGowan, on loan from Elgin, may be able to steady that ship - the problems don't seem to have been bad players as much as bad organisation.

Our best player, as others have said, is Ruari MacLennan, and Rose are capable of playing very good football. Raith Rovers fans were pretty shocked at how Rose controlled the midfield against them, and Raith resorted to hoofing it back-to-front that day. I don't think we're as good as we were then but when Ruari, Owen Ronald, Ross Allum and Tommy Coyne link up well they're a real danger. Add in the long-term injured Roddy MacLennan and there's genuine ability middle-to-front. Rose's second goal away at Ross County in that cup run was a sweeping move from our own box up the right flank, giving Ruari an easy side-foot into an empty net - we can score against anyone. Tommy Coyne isn't getting any younger but his game has never been about pace - he takes up good positions, links up well and is a natural finisher.

There's often a perception that non-league teams will be physical and get stuck in, but we aren't physical enough, especially since Barbour left. I heard Meikle is suspended, that's a big loss too. We are short on physicality in midfield.

I don't think Linlithgow is an intimidating place for a league side to come. The surface is very good - visiting youth-grade international teams have based themselves here recently and Livi used it for a home league cup game - and it's a pretty pleasant and welcoming ground. We're just not a gerrintaethum kind of club or team, alas.

Falkirk ought to have far too much for Linlithgow, and I'd take the 3-0 win Stirling Albion got here as a good guide. But if Rose's defence holds up, Ruari gets time on the ball and Falkirk don't come with the right attitude, they could find themselves chasing the game. 

11 minutes ago, GordonS said:

For the Falkirk fans - Rose's problems over the past year and a half have mostly been in defence. Scullion is a big lad and a threat at set pieces, but he's contributed to the weaknesses of shape, communication and decision making. McGowan, on loan from Elgin, may be able to steady that ship - the problems don't seem to have been bad players as much as bad organisation.

Our best player, as others have said, is Ruari MacLennan, and Rose are capable of playing very good football. Raith Rovers fans were pretty shocked at how Rose controlled the midfield against them, and Raith resorted to hoofing it back-to-front that day. I don't think we're as good as we were then but when Ruari, Owen Ronald, Ross Allum and Tommy Coyne link up well they're a real danger. Add in the long-term injured Roddy MacLennan and there's genuine ability middle-to-front. Rose's second goal away at Ross County in that cup run was a sweeping move from our own box up the right flank, giving Ruari an easy side-foot into an empty net - we can score against anyone. Tommy Coyne isn't getting any younger but his game has never been about pace - he takes up good positions, links up well and is a natural finisher.

There's often a perception that non-league teams will be physical and get stuck in, but we aren't physical enough, especially since Barbour left. I heard Meikle is suspended, that's a big loss too. We are short on physicality in midfield.

I don't think Linlithgow is an intimidating place for a league side to come. The surface is very good - visiting youth-grade international teams have based themselves here recently and Livi used it for a home league cup game - and it's a pretty pleasant and welcoming ground. We're just not a gerrintaethum kind of club or team, alas.

Falkirk ought to have far too much for Linlithgow, and I'd take the 3-0 win Stirling Albion got here as a good guide. But if Rose's defence holds up, Ruari gets time on the ball and Falkirk don't come with the right attitude, they could find themselves chasing the game. 

McGowan is available so reckon he will start.