Aberdeen v Celtic

8 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Don't see the big deal about him running in at half time. Does it at half time and usually at the end of every home game.

For one thing, running with your hands in your pockets looks fucking ridiculous.

McInnes - "disappointed the players didnt seem to believe they could win, and it showed"

Also McInnes - "we all know Celtic will beat us if they play at their best"

McInnes - "disappointed the players didnt seem to believe they could win, and it showed"
Also McInnes - "we all know Celtic will beat us if they play at their best"

‘Can still beat us’ is a bit different to what you just made up there. But you crack on.

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

‘Can still beat us’ is a bit different to what you just made up there. But you crack on.

What most upset me is Derek claiming he didn't want the players to stand off.

Believable if we hadn't done that in almost every home game since Rijeka.

I think they only positive from today was the fact Bryson lasted a half without getting injured and actually looked like a person who was upset to be losing a game of football.

What most upset me is Derek claiming he didn't want the players to stand off.
Believable if we hadn't done that in almost every home game since Rijeka.
I think they only positive from today was the fact Bryson lasted a half without getting injured and actually looked like a person who was upset to be losing a game of football.

To be fair there’s no way he asked them to go and play like that.

You can sit in for periods if a) you can remain organised and actually defend and b) you pick your moments to press and actually counter with intent when you have it.

Aside from cosgrove dispossessing brown in the first half we did absolutely none of that and the defensive side of the game was absolutely atrocious.

Devlin has completely forgotten how to be a defender, what the f**k has happened to him.

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

To be fair there’s no way he asked them to go and play like that.

You can sit in for periods if a) you can remain organised and actually defend and b) you pick your moments to press and actually counter with intent when you have it.

Aside from cosgrove dispossessing brown in the first half we did absolutely none of that and the defensive side of the game was absolutely atrocious.

Devlin has completely forgotten how to be a defender, what the f**k has happened to him.

We did it against Hibs and St Johnstone. If he's not asking them to do it then why are the players ignoring him?

Steering clear of the mass hysteria that will undoubtedly appear in the next few days, that was as embarrassing a 45 minutes as I’ve had to endure at Pittodrie for some time. The second 45 I just sat there praying that Celtic wouldn’t score again, and we at least got away with that. Why did we not tackle anyone in the first half? Someone should have been putting Ayer up in the air at the half way line. No matter what anyone says, our defence is much, much better than that, or at least I thought they were. I haven’t seen any of the goals back yet, but they all seemed to be uncontested by any of our players. There were no big decisions to be made by Beaton, and his performance had absolutely no bearing on the result, but I thought he had as bad a 90 minutes as our team. Loads and loads of little decisions wrong through the whole match. The only thing he got right was to thankfully only play one minute of extra time at the end. The next two games this week are massive for us.  

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Steering clear of the mass hysteria that will undoubtedly appear in the next few days, that was as embarrassing a 45 minutes as I’ve had to endure at Pittodrie for some time. The second 45 I just sat there praying that Celtic wouldn’t score again, and we at least got away with that. Why did we not tackle anyone in the first half? Someone should have been putting Ayer up in the air at the half way line. No matter what anyone says, our defence is much, much better than that, or at least I thought they were. I haven’t seen any of the goals back yet, but they all seemed to be uncontested by any of our players. There were no big decisions to be made by Beaton, and his performance had absolutely no bearing on the result, but I thought he had as bad a 90 minutes as our team. Loads and loads of little decisions wrong through the whole match. The only thing he got right was to thankfully only play one minute of extra time at the end. The next two games this week are massive for us.  

One season too many for McInnes.

Ever heard of a paragraph joey? [emoji6]