Kilmarnock v St Mirren

Not sure how we lost that but you could see it coming when we kept missing chances and you felt Killie would get one big chance which they unfortunately took. If Andreu scores....

Fine margins, we are better set up than last season and harder to beat but need the forwards to step up and score. Was a bit perplexed with the changes we made too. 

The ticket queue was a bit daft. Queue in an abandoned gym hall with paperwork dumped in it to get a ticket. Various Killie staff saying 'blame St Mirren for this they didn't tell us these numbers were coming'. I mean have we not always had around 800-1000 at Rugby Park? It wasn't a massively unusual crowd for us. Never mind, still not as much of a shambles as Dunfermline 2 years ago. 

Fair play to the St.Mirren fans for not suffering a "Hillsborough type crush" forcing open the gates, intimidating stewards and the like.  Yet another example how proper, decent fitba fans deal with adversity. Bit of a shambles from our end and hope lessons will be learned.

As for the game it was not a classic, the win probably flattered us.  Real Saints looked a lot more compact than last season and like us struggle up top, we had plenty of the ball but so desperately need the  number 10 position filled if we want to push for 3rd again.

I struggle to see how there could be any sort of crush in that area outside the turnstiles at Rugby Park. I can’t believe that the authorities haven’t thrown the book at Rangers for their fans behaviour that day. Ultimately all those mutants charging into the ground with no ticket verification etc. was far more dangerous than perhaps having another one of them standing a matter of inches away from them. Beggars belief that they have not been made an example of. Hope Killie have the most robust and inconvenient measures in place for their next visit. It’s the least they deserve.
I missed the ticket fiasco as I was down early for it, yet another hard luck story away from home. Need to start grinding out at least a point from these sort of games, it would’ve done us the world of good as we’ve got a stop-start November and tough run.

We need to sort ourselves out asap away from home not a single point on the road as yet. Its the same old stuff we were unlucky we look better defensively but clearly not that much better if we havent picked up a point anywhere it simply cant be down to bad luck or being unlucky or even blaming the ref. We need more from middle to front we need to start taking some of these chances or it could be a long hard season that remains. Ive also seen if we can stay in it until January get someone of proven quality up top but honestly a player of that ilk is just not going to come to us esp if we dont supply them with service to do what they get paid to do given the way the league is you will have hibs,hearts and maybe even St Johnstone looking for someone of the same ilk. Something needs to change continued hard luck or "if only" stories will not get us points to stay in this league

Another season where the Jan window will probably be pivotal to our chances of staying up.

Thankfully we don’t need the amount of players we’ve signed over the past couple of seasons. But we do need some creative players and a finisher. I’m unsure where that would leave Mullen, Obika and Morias as they are the players who aren’t doing the business.  Both Obika and Morias are on two year contracts so Goody has much to ponder.

18 hours ago, Malky3 said:

The first and probably only decent delivery from a set piece all game long and it's a match winner for Kilmarnock. Up to the point where Andreau went off injured St Mirren looked the team more likely to score, but when you take him out the team St Mirren have no creativity at all. 

I don't know if anyone else is feeling the same though. I'm really not enjoying watching St Mirren this season. The way the squad was being built I was expecting a season of deep defending but I also thought St Mirren would offer some good quick counter attacking as well. That's not transpiring at all and I think - for me anyway - it's making St Mirren a very hard team to want to pay money to watch. 

Yep feel exactly the same way. The tactics are absolutely brutal to watch. I honestly don't see that we've progressed at all since last year other than the fact we don't tend to capitulate and ship a lot of goals. It's a sad day when it's seen as a positive to lose by only one goal. I've said it before, I would rather see us get horsed by having a go than sit in and play horrible defensive tactics and just hope to nick a goal. Doesn't seem like goodwin rates durmus and mcallister is always injured so there goes any chance of fast counter attacking. Instead we get players pushed wide that is not their natural position. A  proper winger that can play on either side would seem to be the priority for the jan window.

Another season where the Jan window will probably be pivotal to our chances of staying up.
Thankfully we don’t need the amount of players we’ve signed over the past couple of seasons. But we do need some creative players and a finisher. I’m unsure where that would leave Mullen, Obika and Morias as they are the players who aren’t doing the business.  Both Obika and Morias are on two year contracts so Goody has much to ponder.
No real natural width without Durmus and McAllister in the team. Both blow hot and cold, Kyle had fitness issues on loan last season and doesn't seem to be over them this season.

Wonder if it's worth asking Celtic to borrow Lewis in January. He would improve our attacking options.

Because we are used to just pay at the gate at Rugy Park and have done so for decades. There was no information on the new setup.

SMFC were selling tickets but also said you could get entry on the day but no explanation of what was involved. And apparently 40% St Mirren season tickets do not stay in Paisley so going into Paisley to buy a ticket is nonsense for the likes of me that now live in Ayrshire.

Why do Clubs (not just Killie) make something so simple so difficult?
I completely agree with you. I assume you include St. Mirren in this as they have operated this policy for a number of years. In fact I can't remember any club apart from St. Mirren doing this a few years ago.

St Mirren surprised me, I thought some of their quick and direct play was pretty clever. They were better going forward than we were. 

Our play is great defensively all over the park, attacking wise until it reaches the midfield three. Going forward we just run out of ideas in the final third and are one or two good quality players short of scoring enough goals. However, if we continue to keep clean sheets and shitfest our way to 1-0 victories, I'll take it all season long. 

Buddies were in good voice yesterday. Enjoyed the Obika song. 

10 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

St Mirren surprised me, I thought some of their quick and direct play was pretty clever. They were better going forward than we were. 

Our play is great defensively all over the park, attacking wise until it reaches the midfield three. Going forward we just run out of ideas in the final third and are one or two good quality players short of scoring enough goals. However, if we continue to keep clean sheets and shitfest our way to 1-0 victories, I'll take it all season long. 

Buddies were in good voice yesterday. Enjoyed the Obika song. 

I passed 2 Killie fans after the game and one of them was whistling the Obika song. 

I completely agree with you. I assume you include St. Mirren in this as they have operated this policy for a number of years. In fact I can't remember any club apart from St. Mirren doing this a few years ago.
I do include St Mirren as they can certainly improve. When we moved to the new stadium 10 years ago all games were made 'all ticket' due to the polis and bar code readers installed. Fans know this and can buy tickets outside each stand of the stadium (and have several ticket sellers in each kiosk).

The problem with Saturday was that most Buddies were not aware of Killie's change to all ticket entry; where to buy tickets; and there was only 1 person selling up to the last minute. If Killie have made all their games all ticket I would have thought they would be better organised 10 games into the season. Do Killie fans now have to buy a ticket or do they have pay-at-the-gate?However Dunfermline made an even bigger balls-up of a similar scenario 3 years ago.

St Mirren announced last week that Home fans can now download digital tickets to their phone or print them. Hopefully this will soon apply to Away fans as well. All clubs can improve their service. After all we fans are paying through the nose for the product.

1 hour ago, NorthBank said:

I do include St Mirren as they can certainly improve. When we moved to the new stadium 10 years ago all games were made 'all ticket' due to the polis and bar code readers installed. Fans know this and can buy tickets outside each stand of the stadium (and have several ticket sellers in each kiosk).

The problem with Saturday was that most Buddies were not aware of Killie's change to all ticket entry; where to buy tickets; and there was only 1 person selling up to the last minute. If Killie have made all their games all ticket I would have thought they would be better organised 10 games into the season. Do Killie fans now have to buy a ticket or do they have pay-at-the-gate?However Dunfermline made an even bigger balls-up of a similar scenario 3 years ago.

St Mirren announced last week that Home fans can now download digital tickets to their phone or print them. Hopefully this will soon apply to Away fans as well. All clubs can improve their service. After all we fans are paying through the nose for the product.

Home fans can also use ticketco, who have an app where you can buy online for entry via a QR code. The club say 71% of customers now use ticketco.

17 hours ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

Saints pretty downbeat on here. The team looks like a comfortable middle of the bottom six side to me at worst.  

The worry for me is I don't see who the teams are that are going to be below us.. There are no obvious whipping boys this season. 

I expect St Johnstone, Hibs and Hearts to get their act together at some point.

Hamilton and Livi appear to be grinding out points and Ross County are doing ok ...

Only team that leaves at the bottom is us. So being better than last season may not be enough without a bunch of duffers like Dundee last season to sit above

On 27/10/2019 at 16:57, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

Saints pretty downbeat on here. The team looks like a comfortable middle of the bottom six side to me at worst.  

We have more than our fair share of doom mongers in our support. 

If you think it's bad now, just wait to after our defeat on Wednesday evening.<_<

Edited by FTOF