Partick Thistle vs Arbroath

Thistle fans might bitch and moan about today but not one can say we didn’t deserve the 3 points today. A dodgy penalty aside we were far and away the better side.

Those Kenny Miller’s tears.....were delicious

We were woeful and are fully entitled to moan about own team’s performance. Arbroath were comfortably the better side, no one will argue that.

3-1 flattered us.

We started with eight men, count Gordon, Danny De Vito, and Robson missing in action. All of whom (plus a good few others) I hope will be missing come January. Bunter said 'everyone will get a chance'; I hope the aforementioned have had their last one. 

Not taking away anything from Arbroath's text book lesson in how to take 3 easy points at Firhill without really breaking sweat. No changes there, sadly, from the previous incumbent.

1 hour ago, RossDee01 said:

Oh dear. Honeymoon over?

We’ve won two games we’d have been expected to lose (ICT and yourselves away), and lost two games we’d expect not to lose (Queens and Arbroath at home).

6 points from 4 league games is probably about where most would have hoped/expected under McCall, and that’s where we are. It’s just all been unexpected results to get there so far.

No complaints about the result today. Our penalty was just papering over the cracks of what had been a dreadful performance, and Arbroath deservedly took back the lead and held on.

Roll on the winter transfer window.

Any Arbroath fans still think we're the best team you've seen this season? Absolute shite. 

Ayr were best by a mile but thought Thistle were good, awful today though. Although there's been a fair few teams fans who've said they've been awful against us, think we've played a part in that hard team to play against. Penalty aside you never looked like scoring and we really could've added to our clean sheets tally again

This really is a bizarre league. Arbroath offered absolutely nothing against us at Dens a few week ago. They were shite. Partick looked half decent second half against us last week. I expected a home win in this one no bother. I honestly don't know if Partick will be pushing for play-offs or relegation - same for Arbroath!

This really is a bizarre league. Arbroath offered absolutely nothing against us at Dens a few week ago. They were shite. Partick looked half decent second half against us last week. I expected a home win in this one no bother. I honestly don't know if Partick will be pushing for play-offs or relegation - same for Arbroath!

We were awfully disappointing that day in fairness

Easily the most drab uninspiring day we've had this season

McCall unsurprisingly not very happy on JZ. Pass marks only to Miller and Penrice. Without mentioning names he was unhappy about the amount of balls blootered from defence to attack. Also stated late injuries to Cardle and Mansell,  both of whom would have started, upset things. Stated that the striking position is priority come January as we are so light up there. Also sounds like Miller has picked up a knock and is doubtful for Tuesday. Christ knows who will be up front 

Come on gone fishing, be a sport and say something positive, it doesn’t hurt and it’s a good thing to feel happy with a performance and victory, you should try it mate. 

Well obviously smokerson you can’t read said I was delighted about today’s result. But please let us lichtie fans the right to differ without you calling us moansters please.

42 minutes ago, Plesslitchie said:

. Donnelly proving me wrong week by week and had a game 

Curious to know what you base that judgement on, a centre mid playing as a lone striker is always going to be a tough shift.

take today for example the only guy who can control a ball and keep composed, the only guy who done a one two which led to the goal.

by far the best Arbroath player with a ball at feet.

even when arbroath played celtic, celtic asked Dick why the hell they are playing him upfront.

would you call a plumber a shite mechanic?

remember he is being used out of position, getting about 10 touches per game and regardless of whether he holds the ball up the midfield are so far back its pointless.

Glad hes showing some form, but in reality playing as a lone striker for arbroath is more about luck, than getting any real service from any real football being played.

strange at 3-1 up you would think Barcelona were on the ball, knocking the ball about and keeping possesion.

great result but still think Dicks tactics leave a lot to be desired, but arguably its getting results.

18 minutes ago, Lichteeeeee said:

Curious to know what you base that judgement on, a centre mid playing as a lone striker is always going to be a tough shift.

Have a day off mate, we Won 3-1. He's scoring goals, I thought he was dogs shit to start and now I'm thinking otherwise and he's scoring goals so who cares! 

dicks Questionable tactics I agree on