Ayr United v Dundee

I’m guessing he won’t change much for this but I’ve also no idea who’s fit or not. Even if Kerr isn’t injured I’d imagine he’ll stick to the touchline for this one.

Doohan

Houston
Muirhead
Roscoe
Harvie

Geggan
Docherty
Kelly

McCowan
Moffat
Forrest

1-0 Ayr

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m guessing he won’t change much for this but I’ve also no idea who’s fit or not. Even if Kerr isn’t injured I’d imagine he’ll stick to the touchline for this one.

Doohan

Houston
Muirhead
Roscoe
Harvie

Geggan
Docherty
Kelly

McCowan
Moffat
Forrest

1-0 Ayr

Think that’s the strongest 11 we have at the moment , only hope Kerr puts on subs when needed and not waiting far too long like Stewart , I believe if McCowan was taken off 15mins before he was on Saturday and replaced by Moore or McGuffie we could have won the game 

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Doohan

Houston
Muirhead
Roscoe
Harvie

Geggan
Docherty
Kelly

McCowan
Moffat
Forrest

1-0 Ayr

Geggan is done for the central midfield role, just gets bypassed however we've nobody else.

15 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Two defeats that anyone that was at those games all said if we took our chances we would have walked with 2 wins , we were not outplayed in any of the games , on the slide !!! 

Yes but we didn’t take our chances and that’s what matters. That’s like me saying “but if I’d put the winning lottery numbers on, I’d be a millionaire “ . It’s actually going and doing something that matters. The subs in the two games were perplexing as well. I hope I’m wrong but I’m sure by Christmas we won’t be sitting in 2nd place 

Geggan is done for the central midfield role, just gets bypassed however we've nobody else.

He’s just a stop gap for now. I’d probably rather put Bell in the holding role and push Doc further forward but I don’t think he’s fit yet. Unless Kerr has any other ideas I dunno what you do.

12 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Yes but we didn’t take our chances and that’s what matters. That’s like me saying “but if I’d put the winning lottery numbers on, I’d be a millionaire “ . It’s actually going and doing something that matters. The subs in the two games were perplexing as well. I hope I’m wrong but I’m sure by Christmas we won’t be sitting in 2nd place 

On the slide in my view means we are deteriorating and performances falling below recent games , that is not the case , we are playing just as well , just that the chances are not going in 

39 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

My heart says 1-3 Dundee, my head is being generous and saying 1-1.

With us scoring the 3 goals in the last 5 minutes?............nah scrub that no manager / team could possibly so bad  at game management as to allow that. 😡

Edited by Shadow Play

Avoid queue on game night

get your tickets online , call into shop or phone shop to pre pay for ticket and collect in shop prior to game 

opening times

Wed 2-5

Thu 2-7

Fri 2-7 ( will be busy ) 

shop 01292-263435 ext 5

Edited by Robbo63

17 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

If we turn the clock back to the start of the season, many of our supporters were expecting us to be competing with Arbroath, Alloa & possibly Morton & QOS to avoid bottom or second bottom, however the team has completely confounded the critics and some of them actually don't seem happy about this !!

There's also people moaning about our strikers and lack of fire power, however we're the second top scorers in the league and are a few ahead of third place, seriously, what is it people are expecting of this team ??

Personally I follow them week in week out and the guys are giving their all, not only that but they're playing exciting attacking football which is the most entertaining I've seen in years and even most opposition fans have agreed with this.

There's no doubt that it will take a huge effort with no shortage of luck to finish above the likes of Dundee, Dundee Utd & Inverness over the course of the season, however can people not just enjoy the team while we've got them ? and if they play their best and it's not good enough then so be it, we need to accept that as we do have a small budget and a smaller squad than most but that's life I'm afraid.

Being honest, what I can't abide is people being down on us when we're actually performing well and it's almost as if some are actively praying that we screw up which quite frankly I just find totally bizarre. Anyway I' sure the players will try their best on Friday and if it's not good enough against a Dundee side packed with quality then so be it, we'll just regroup and try again at Cappielow next Tuesday...................

8 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

If we turn the clock back to the start of the season, many of our supporters were expecting us to be competing with Arbroath, Alloa & possibly Morton & QOS to avoid bottom or second bottom, however the team has completely confounded the critics and some of them actually don't seem happy about this !!

There's also people moaning about our strikers and lack of fire power, however we're the second top scorers in the league and are a few ahead of third place, seriously, what is it people are expecting of this team ??

Personally I follow them week in week out and the guys are giving their all, not only that but they're playing exciting attacking football which is the most entertaining I've seen in years and even most opposition fans have agreed with this.

There's no doubt that it will take a huge effort with no shortage of luck to finish above the likes of Dundee, Dundee Utd & Inverness over the course of the season, however can people not just enjoy the team while we've got them ? and if they play their best and it's not good enough then so be it, we need to accept that as we do have a small budget and a smaller squad than most but that's life I'm afraid.

Being honest, what I can't abide is people being down on us when we're actually performing well and it's almost as if some are actively praying that we screw up which quite frankly I just find totally bizarre. Anyway I' sure the players will try their best on Friday and if it's not good enough against a Dundee side packed with quality then so be it, we'll just regroup and try again at Cappielow next Tuesday...................

Good post

48 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The SRE is a poisonous place, there are the same 4 people posting exactly the same thing day in day out and others lapping it up. Regardless of what you say to them or what evidence you use they just post the same tripe about budgets and ambition. There are people on there who claim to be fans but appear to hate the club, really bizarre mentality. 

I'm feeling quite positive about this, at the start of the season a draw would have been a good result here as we didn't know what to expect. Hopefully the players respond well for Kerr and have an immediate bounce. It is a tough old league this and into the 2nd run of fixtures every team in the league is realistically in touching distance of each other. Obviously that will change as we get closer to Christmas. But, we are in a good place with a huge opportunity for our new gaffer. 

2-1 Ayr (Forrest and Moffat)

Looking forward to this one and to see how Mark Kerr starts his managerial career, While initially I wasn’t pleased with the appointment I’m now coming more round to the idea and more than willing to give him a chance (I reserve the right to call for immediate lynching if we lose heavily on Friday). 

Will be interesting to see how Mark Kerr chooses to line up on Friday. Ideally I think he’d like to phase himself out from playing and concentrate more on managing however with the injuries we have we don’t have many options in the middle of the park. How’s the injuries to Bell, Adams and Ross looking? Any of them likely to be back? Presuming they are all out I’d line up:

Doohan

Geggan

Roscoe

Muirhead

Harvie

Kerr

Docherty

Kelly

McCowan

Moffat

Forrest

Subs: Hare-Reid, Houston, Ecrepont, McGuffie, Doolan, Moore, McKenzis

4 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Looking forward to this one and to see how Mark Kerr starts his managerial career, While initially I wasn’t pleased with the appointment I’m now coming more round to the idea and more than willing to give him a chance (I reserve the right to call for immediate lynching if we lose heavily on Friday). 

Will be interesting to see how Mark Kerr chooses to line up on Friday. Ideally I think he’d like to phase himself out from playing and concentrate more on managing however with the injuries we have we don’t have many options in the middle of the park. How’s the injuries to Bell, Adams and Ross looking? Any of them likely to be back? Presuming they are all out I’d line up:

Doohan

Geggan

Roscoe

Muirhead

Harvie

Kerr

Docherty

Kelly

McCowan

Moffat

Forrest

Subs: Hare-Reid, Houston, Ecrepont, McGuffie, Doolan, Moore, McKenzis