Ayr United v Dundee

Same problems for Ayr, allowing teams a free shot at goal from 20-25 yards then failing to defend a set piece. Moffat having a one on one has the same air about it as a Kenny Miller one on one back in his Scotland days. No point getting excited as you know he won't score. Played well in patches but 2nd half was a total non-event.
Also thought Ayr were very naive by getting dragged into the niggly stuff by Dundee's theatrics. Like Inverness, every little bit of contact was an excuse to hit the deck. This allowed them to break up the attacks and relieve the pressure when a more streetwise team would have known to not get involved. We just have to get used to the fact some teams play this way, whether we like it or not.

I'm surprised no-one has said this but did anyone notice how deep Kelly was playing in the second half, he was pretty much on the line of our defense throughout. 

I thought Kerr got the starting 11 pretty much right, although McCowan and Forrest need to switch wings for me. 

Same problems for Ayr, allowing teams a free shot at goal from 20-25 yards then failing to defend a set piece. Moffat having a one on one has the same air about it as a Kenny Miller one on one back in his Scotland days. No point getting excited as you know he won't score. Played well in patches but 2nd half was a total non-event.
Also thought Ayr were very naive by getting dragged into the niggly stuff by Dundee's theatrics. Like Inverness, every little bit of contact was an excuse to hit the deck. This allowed them to break up the attacks and relieve the pressure when a more streetwise team would have known to not get involved. We just have to get used to the fact some teams play this way, whether we like it or not.

I don't get this Dundee theatrics stuff.

There was maybe one time I thought they'd went down easily but our players do exactly the same (same with a bit of time wasting near the end). Forrest (not last night) goes down whenever there's contact and as much as it infuriates me it's the modem game.

But Dundee were not particularly bad last night. As Kerr said in the interview, it could be our discipline that's the issue.

I thought there was a lot of niggly stuff, but only one or two outright bad challenges. Not so much Ayr being a 'dirty' team or anything, just a couple of occasions where there were outright cynical fouls. The Ayr #2 deliberately standing on Hemmings achilles/heel after he'd gone past him and was in the clear the most egregious. That was pretty ugly. But then Byrne appeared to go flying into someone knee high a bit later on and Madden didn't even talk to him at the next stop in play.

Edited by Boo Khaki

Another disappointing display. That’s two home games in a row I’ve thought Moffat, Forrest and McCowan were woeful. As much as I like Moff I think his time as a starter should be called into question. Two home games now he’s missed a one on on with the keeper. I also don’t think Kelly has been the same player he was at the start of the season.

as for Dundee, McGowan was the wee ned that he’s been for years now on and off the park. Disappointed in the way McDaid acted as well

Another disappointing display. That’s two home games in a row I’ve thought Moffat, Forrest and McCowan were woeful. As much as I like Moff I think his time as a starter should be called into question. Two home games now he’s missed a one on on with the keeper. I also don’t think Kelly has been the same player he was at the start of the season.
as for Dundee, McGowan was the wee ned that he’s been for years now on and off the park. Disappointed in the way McDaid acted as well
Kelly was very deep be second half. Needed to be fifteen yards up the park.

9 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

That's you in this pic with your arms folded, I can tell....

25-10-2019-Ayr-United-v-Dundee-0020.jpg

What do you expect McDaid to do? He was booed on every touch he had at the start of the game and your players left a foot in on him several times.

No loyalty in football now so I don’t know what you actually expected.

11 hours ago, munro7 said:

Sadly our creative players never turned up tonight, as poor as I’ve seen Forrest, McCowan & Kelly for a long time.
I’d also have liked to see Doohan take the cross for the second. He made a decent save but the boy’s hitting it from inside the 6 yard box. Anything in that area should be the keeper’s ball.

Roscoe loses Forster the ball is on ground wide of goal don’t know how Doohan expected to come and take that. 
Six players 21 or younger we need experience players to step up

I thought it curious that there were only 3 minutes added last night. Repeatedly Madden was tapping his watch when Hazard was delaying taking his kicks and he strode off the park to talk to McPake (or the Dundee bench) for a good 30 seconds. There were 6 subs as well. Then thats not counting the countless stoppages for players down. Then the absolute minter adds 3 minutes.

Scottish football fans will rejoice when he retires.

Spoiler

Didn't effect the result as we could have had 10 minutes and not scored.

3 hours ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I'm surprised no-one has said this but did anyone notice how deep Kelly was playing in the second half, he was pretty much on the line of our defense throughout. 

I thought Kerr got the starting 11 pretty much right, although McCowan and Forrest need to switch wings for me. 

Probably more as a result of Geggan having to go off and Moore coming on than anything else.

From 433 to 4231, probably means he was asked to drop deeper to get the ball from the defence, and play it longer to Moffat or Moore and play from there.

The front three and midfield must be getting jaded, we've largely been going with the same team for weeks and quite a few of them look to be in need of some respite.

Sadly we're a number of weeks away before being in a position to alter things and provide that.

No time to feel sorry for ourselves, would be more worried if we weren't creating decent chances.

Edited by BukyOHare

13 hours ago, ravabelli said:

Good win and much needed. Shows how mediocre this league is as we’ve been pretty poor so far this season yet still within touching distance of the top spot 

Auchinleck Talbot would win this league this season. The standard I have watched on the Fri night games has been very poor.