Ayr United v Dundee

Just basing it on here, this is a mighty hard game for McPake to retain any faith whatsoever amongst the support. Play off spot is all I ask for, but reckon the knives will be out (If not deemed to be out already) and based on the start to this season and last, it won't come much tougher.

Get Mackie away from the line-up. Perhaps even go more narrow with something like:

Hamilton

Kerr McGhee Meekings Marshall

Byrne

Dorrans   Ness (If finally back fit - Robertson if not)

McGowan

Hemmings        Nelson/Johnson.

Get 2 up top. Our wide midfielders are proving to be pish. McDaid probably the exception to this but unbelievably inconsistent. 2 up top. Gets the likes of Dorrans, McGowan and Byrne playing in their natural position. Gets Forster out the side. Gets McGhee back to where he's best even if Cammy has been chronic.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Just basing it on here, this is a mighty hard game for McPake to retain any faith whatsoever amongst the support. Play off spot is all I ask for, but reckon the knives will be out (If not deemed to be out already) and based on the start to this season and last, it won't come much tougher.

Get Mackie away from the line-up. Perhaps even go more narrow with something like:

Hamilton

Kerr McGhee Meekings Marshall

Byrne

Dorrans   Ness (If finally back fit - Robertson if not)

McGowan

Hemmings        Nelson/Johnson.

Get 2 up top. Our wide midfielders are proving to be pish. McDaid probably the exception to this but unbelievably inconsistent. 2 up top. Gets the likes of Dorrans, McGowan and Byrne playing in their natural position. Gets Forster out the side. Gets McGhee back to where he's best even if Cammy has been chronic.

I don't like your line up Ludo.

It puts too much pressure on the full backs and if McDaid is going to raise his game a bit for any, it will be this one.

2 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

4-4-2

Hamilton

McGhee    Meekings      Forster     Marshall

Todd   Dorrans     McGowan     McDaid

Johnson  Nelson

Thank you.

Swap McGhee for Meekings or Forster and put Kerr in at RB and it has my vote.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Swap McGhee for Meekings or Forster and put Kerr in at RB and it has my vote.

Good shout, a pair of absolute donkeys, I get the fear everytime baldy touches the ball.

Thank you.

Just now, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Good shout, a pair of absolute donkeys, I get the fear everytime baldy touches the ball.

Thank you.

I watched Forster get the ball today and do a turn, an "inside cut" if you like, with nobody for miles around.

I couldn't help but think to myself 'Are you trying to prove that you can dribble under absolutely no pressure?' Minter.

27 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I don't like your line up Ludo.

It puts too much pressure on the full backs and if McDaid is going to raise his game a bit for any, it will be this one.

Fair enough - I just want us to play to our strengths. On paper our central midfield is the strongest we've had in a long time. I'm not sure our width is a strong point. Granted, our full backs don't need anymore pressure on them than they already get but I'd say that Kerr and Marshall's plus point is that they have boundless energy. 

I'm of the opinion that we should play to our strengths and itll hopefully bypass our weaknesses . I get that it's not for everyone and could quite easily be an absolute disaster.

Not too optomistic for this one, in saying that BBC ended up with a good showing with it being the new managers debut however we're usually gash on the telly plus will no doubt be a usual Friday night shitty crowd, new manager better not be expecting a red carpet welcome of 3,000 home fans. Going by Dunfermline game today we seemed pretty ropey at the back so could probably do with Bell or Adams back there on Friday to compose things however that seems unlikely. 

1-1