Dundee United v Dunfermline Athletic

1 hour ago, Tannadeechee said:

How much of this though is also due to the incompetence of the SPFL to negotiate a decent tv deal, as all these countries have much more money coming in outside of tickets and we have the unsustainable English league wages right next to us driving up costs.

The incompetence of the authorities is a major drawback to the fans getting value for money, there is no doubt.

1 hour ago, Tannadeechee said:

How much of this though is also due to the incompetence of the SPFL to negotiate a decent tv deal, as all these countries have much more money coming in outside of tickets and we have the unsustainable English league wages right next to us driving up costs.

Great idea! Blame the SPFL whilst you spend £3million on players wages. You're at it, if your owner wanted to he could make it £10 to get in.

53 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

If you can afford a £4 million wage bill then you can afford to cap prices at £20.

Edit for clarity

There's a lot of pish in that article.

Shankland is not the highest paid player at the club, this has been stated in many an occasion, and while mentioning 11 players that came in in january, missing out 9 first team squad members left in summer.

While only United & Dundee are above £20 only Arbroath,Alloa,Ayr & QOTS are below, the rest are £20.

United took the decision to not drop prices when we came down to fund a promotion push & keep the infrastructure. It hasn't happened, but it could be argued that that extra £2 a game is what pays for the wage bill.

Our issue is paying for Gussie & St. Andrews and believing that paying Premiership wages for "Premiership standard" players will do that. Some would argue they are too comfortable & believe they are better than the Championship but thats for a different argument.

I'm not saying it's right, nor am I saying it's wrong, but ICT charge £20 and are looking to stave off Admin. To bring in more money they could out up prices but it would drive those that do go away. How do they make more money? £20 isn't covering their costs. Wages are too high, problem is fans won't accept not signing players. In some ways the clubs can't win.

1 hour ago, Adam101 said:

Great idea! Blame the SPFL whilst you spend £3million on players wages. You're at it, if your owner wanted to he could make it £10 to get in.

I wasn't speaking about us, I was speaking about Scottish game in general.

But of course you knew that...

39 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

You better let us win to compensate for the extra £4.

£2, can't be too many of your fans travelling today that don't have a smartphone, or access to a printer.

Besides if bought in advance it's the same price as your South Stand and the concessions are £5 cheaper at Tannadice.

I'm hoping for an open game, which we seem to prefer, and a Dunfermline performance that allows us to start quickly. If we start poorly or they come at us then I can see it becoming another struggle, similar to those we have seen in recent weeks. A huge few games in the space of just a few days, 7 points from 9 would be my target. 

7 minutes ago, Fungi said:

For paupers

True but sometimes needs must! I often get the Megabus down to places for away games and the train back due to the cost of the train. Obviously train when possible as it's easily the best method of travel for football, but when you can save circa £15/£20 then there's no contest!