Todays scores 19/10

GNU_Linux

Huge performance from Hurlford to beat league leaders Pollok today. Rode our luck at times with our keeper having several top saves and two goal line clearances ensuring our clean sheet. Our goal, however, was top drawer with MOTM Taz McKenzie getting his head on the end of a Beckamesque Tiny Watt cross.

Fantastic spirit and performance from Clydebank today. Meadow had the best of the first half but we dominated the second. Hope the Meadow player has a swift recovery, looked a bad one, poor to hear meadow fans saying the pitch was to blame.

It looks a decent surface, but I wonder how long it will last. I thought it affected both teams today, with passes overhit and skipping away from the recipient. But in my own opinion; plastic pitches ruin football.

Thoughts on our game today .
1st half thought we were the better side without creating hee haw . 2nd Rossvale scored. I missed it . Everyone I spoke to so said if VAR was in place it would still have been debatable . Did Vale do enough to win the game? No . Did we do enough not to lose ? Hell no. Good wee set up there but what’s with the bald patch in between the dug outs? Always have an issue wae fake grass but when there’s part of the ground being patched up that just adds to the argument.. Once & for all it’s either time to make sure all of the fake grass parks are the same or get them to f**k. .

1 hour ago, bigecumnock said:

Please enlighten me, why is it a brilliant result for junior football?

It'll be in the papers & they'll be talking about how Talbot, who are a junior team took another big scalp. Talbot punching above their weight again 😁👍

Brilliant result for talbot not a brilliant result for junior football as it just means another big windfall coming there way and which will only mean the gap gets even more bigger between talbot and the rest of junior football. Be as well just giving talbot the league, Scottish and the west just now because nobody will even get close to them this season. Best talbot I’ve seen in years.

It'll be in the papers & they'll be talking about how Talbot, who are a junior team took another big scalp. Talbot punching above their weight again [emoji16][emoji106]

I don’t see how folk talking about Talbot helps any other junior team.

Brilliant result for talbot not a brilliant result for junior football as it just means another big windfall coming there way and which will only mean the gap gets even more bigger between talbot and the rest of junior football. Be as well just giving talbot the league, Scottish and the west just now because nobody will even get close to them this season. Best talbot I’ve seen in years.

And that is why clubs that finish top of a league should get promoted to a bigger league.

If nothing changes, Talbot will dominate for years to come and interest in other junior clubs will diminish.

Thoughts on our game today .
1st half thought we were the better side without creating hee haw . 2nd Rossvale scored. I missed it . Everyone I spoke to so said if VAR was in place it would still have been debatable . Did Vale do enough to win the game? No . Did we do enough not to lose ? Hell no. Good wee set up there but what’s with the bald patch in between the dug outs? Always have an issue wae fake grass but when there’s part of the ground being patched up that just adds to the argument.. Once & for all it’s either time to make sure all of the fake grass parks are the same or get them to f**k. .
I was told the pitch was vandalized and they had to repair a section of it.

I think this has two elements to it. To me the win highlights that there is a lot of quality at the top end junior football and also highlights that those former junior sides who ‘jumped’ did so too early. Had a more collective approach been taken, junior football would have been more realistically represented in the wider Scottish game as Talbot have shown in the senior Scottish for the last two years.

The other side however is that Talbot have been getting finance that no other side have and as a result they are always better placed for ground improvements or squad improvements or however the decide to invest it. They can’t be faulted for it but it does create a gulf that will inevitably become too wide to bridge. That gulf in finance is ultimately detrimental to the others.

Just getting in to the Scottish Cup  doesn't get you that much money. You have to win games to earn the  money. Talbot should be given credit for that.

There is not one player in the Talbot squad who I think we couldn't have signed or afforded even if we had never played in the Scottish Cup

Just getting in to the Scottish Cup  doesn't get you that much money. You have to win games to earn the  money. Talbot should be given credit for that.

There is not one player in the Talbot squad who I think we couldn't have signed or afforded even if we had never played in the Scottish Cup

I can’t dispute any of that and wasn’t trying to make it appear as if the success in the Scottish cup was the only reason for the way things are. I do think however that as a result of their success whereby without the cup finance they might have had to make an either or decision with it they could decide both. This goes back further than just the last two years I may add. As this repeats the gulf will get bigger because other teams will only be able to pick invest on the park or off it. Again not a criticism as they worked hard and deserve to be in that position because of the wins on the park.

They deserve all the credit they get. It’s hard earned.