Todays scores 19/10

GNU_Linux

I think this has two elements to it. To me the win highlights that there is a lot of quality at the top end junior football and also highlights that those former junior sides who ‘jumped’ did so too early. Had a more collective approach been taken, junior football would have been more realistically represented in the wider Scottish game as Talbot have shown in the senior Scottish for the last two years.

The way the sjfa went about the collective approach ie the god awful superduper league is part of the reason clubs in the east moved (ofc there are other reasons). The clubs are now playing at the same playing standard but with more oppertunities on & off the pitch & other benefits. No one was under any illusion that going senior would mean playing standards would increase by magic.

From my perspective junior football as a collective buried its head in the sand when the LL etc was formed & continued to so for some seasons after hence we are where we are now.

Guest Nocknosh1988
45 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Just getting in to the Scottish Cup  doesn't get you that much money. You have to win games to earn the  money. Talbot should be given credit for that.

There is not one player in the Talbot squad who I think we couldn't have signed or afforded even if we had never played in the Scottish Cup

Your having a giraffe ! Yous will be Paying the boy Samson a fortune . Others more aswell money talks 

The way the sjfa went about the collective approach ie the god awful superduper league is part of the reason clubs in the east moved (ofc there are other reasons). The clubs are now playing at the same playing standard but with more oppertunities on & off the pitch & other benefits. No one was under any illusion that going senior would mean playing standards would increase by magic.

From my perspective junior football as a collective buried its head in the sand when the LL etc was formed & continued to so for some seasons after hence we are where we are now.

It’s only my thoughts but I think the standard of former junior clubs has fallen. Simply because the overall standard is lower and you become part of your surroundings. It is however, again only my opinion, two steps back to take three forward as the benefits they now get will inevitably lead to improvement and they will in time establish themselves at the level they should have been put into initially.
I think we agree that was as a result of the non action of the wider junior administration.

4 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:

Thoughts on our game today .
1st half thought we were the better side without creating hee haw . 2nd Rossvale scored. I missed it . Everyone I spoke to so said if VAR was in place it would still have been debatable . Did Vale do enough to win the game? No . Did we do enough not to lose ? Hell no. Good wee set up there but what’s with the bald patch in between the dug outs? Always have an issue wae fake grass but when there’s part of the ground being patched up that just adds to the argument.. Once & for all it’s either time to make sure all of the fake grass parks are the same or get them to f**k. .

Are all grass parks the same ?? 

2 hours ago, Bawrash1 said:

Brilliant result for talbot not a brilliant result for junior football as it just means another big windfall coming there way and which will only mean the gap gets even more bigger between talbot and the rest of junior football. Be as well just giving talbot the league, Scottish and the west just now because nobody will even get close to them this season. Best talbot I’ve seen in years.

How shallow are some folk, talbot have set the standard for years, we need to catch up! My lot (BUFFS) should have won last kick of the ball this season, we never scored finished 0-0, our fault not theirs! best of luck tucker, Beechwood hard to breach.

10 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

And that is why clubs that finish top of a league should get promoted to a bigger league.

If nothing changes, Talbot will dominate for years to come and interest in other junior clubs will diminish.

Did the meadow not try & bankroll (buy) the league a few o years ago. Talbot have earned their success 👍🖤💛👍

6 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Ground improvements started 30 years ago and like then its mainly financially backed by the supporters.

Aye its been done sustainably and with a lot of hard work. I tip my hat to the folk at Beechwood and there's a lot that needs to be replicated elsewhere. Just dont expect whooping and celebrating up and down the West Region from your rivals - unless it means more resources to be spread out ... lol resources get me 

1 hour ago, Blackie Gold said:

Ground improvements started 30 years ago and like then its mainly financially backed by the supporters.

So what you are saying is all money brought in by the club from gates,raffles,social club,hospitality and prize money from the big Scottish and junior cup finals and the club put none of this into the infrastructure and it's the fans and the building committee that fund those improvements so the club must have some healthy bank balance?

Did the meadow not try & bankroll (buy) the league a few o years ago. Talbot have earned their success [emoji106]🖤[emoji169][emoji106]

The club spent a bit of money on players and won a few titles, yes.... I’m struggling to see your point though.

Huge performance from Hurlford to beat league leaders Pollok today. Rode our luck at times with our keeper having several top saves and two goal line clearances ensuring our clean sheet. Our goal, however, was top drawer with MOTM Taz McKenzie getting his head on the end of a Beckamesque Tiny Watt cross.

Very fair summary of the game.

41 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

So what you are saying is all money brought in by the club from gates,raffles,social club,hospitality and prize money from the big Scottish and junior cup finals and the club put none of this into the infrastructure and it's the fans and the building committee that fund those improvements so the club must have some healthy bank balance?

Of course they have and it will be spent wisely. Tucker doesn't make marquee signings, his draft this season has been superb with Bryan Boylan being the only big name. As for Talbot not donating to the infrastucture then you didn't attend Beechwood ten years ago when light rain put games off . Talbot themselves have spent a small fortune on the playing surface which includes drainage work this season. They are also awaiting planning permission for the erection of an extension to the social club. The Building committee are now working to erect the floodlights.

23 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Of course they have and it will be spent wisely. Tucker doesn't make marquee signings, his draft this season has been superb with Bryan Boylan being the only big name. As for Talbot not donating to the infrastucture then you didn't attend Beechwood ten years ago when light rain put games off . Talbot themselves have spent a small fortune on the playing surface which includes drainage work this season. They are also awaiting planning permission for the erection of an extension to the social club. The Building committee are now working to erect the floodlights.

That's what I expected it to be . Your post made it looked like the fans only put money into the improvements . As for beechwood first time there was the 70s and seen it developed into what it is today and I'm sure in the next few years I will see if continue to improve.