Who is the worst player you’re club has ever had?

East Fife have had so many players who were clearly out of their depth, a lot of names have been mentioned already but special mention to Michael Renwick & Brian Blair too. We also had Chris Miller (not the Morton player) who was a left back and used to get absolute dogs abuse the whole game, and from what I remember he wasn’t that bad.

25 minutes ago, endieinreekie said:

Anyone remember a certain Canadian 'goalie' who played for the Mo?

I saw Birnstingl's debut up at Elgin and he *honestly* looked fine that day. After that, less so.

Gemmell? He was just a lazy b*****d rather than a bad footballer - he hit an outrageous 25 yarder pre 09/10 which looked like being a good omen for the season. We finished bottom, he picked up two reds in one game against Berwexit and rightly got shipped out.

A composite worst XI of the last 20 years would make for some fairly grim reading, though

Edited by Scorge

1 hour ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

East Fife have had so many players who were clearly out of their depth, a lot of names have been mentioned already but special mention to Michael Renwick & Brian Blair too. We also had Chris Miller (not the Morton player) who was a left back and used to get absolute dogs abuse the whole game, and from what I remember he wasn’t that bad.

Michael Renwick was absolute muck for us. Did he not play 100 odd games for Hibs? He must have been a decent player at some stage but certainly by the time he rocked up at Bayview.

Aye, I remember Chris Miller taking a lot of unfair stick. Not the best player but we've certainly seen worse. A bit of the Docherty about him for me. A decent enough player that for some reason a significant section of the support just don't take too and are always quicker to criticise than other players.

Michael Renwick was absolute muck for us. Did he not play 100 odd games for Hibs? He must have been a decent player at some stage but certainly by the time he rocked up at Bayview.
Aye, I remember Chris Miller taking a lot of unfair stick. Not the best player but we've certainly seen worse. A bit of the Docherty about him for me. A decent enough player that for some reason a significant section of the support just don't take too and are always quicker to criticise than other players.

Being left back is a hard gig as it’s right in front of the stand and gets the brunt of the stick. Graeme Mathie used to get pelters too, granted he wasn’t very good mind you.

Big Tutu is actually related to my Mrs!

Never realised he was involved in an kind of football, was at a christening with him a couple of weeks ago!

He used to play for your team mate!!!

ETA: or are you talking about big Cedric???

11 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

He used to play for your team mate!!!

ETA: or are you talking about big Cedric???

No I'm talking about Stephen Tarditi.

I genuinely cant remember him at Airdrie, I'm thinking he was in the reserves, that and the fact I was 17 at the time, and those years are a bit hazy!

I'm confused as to why it appears no one has mentioned Steve Kipre in here. Ryan Frances, Bradley Coyne and Kieran McGachie in recent times are among the worst I've seen, in some of the worst Clyde teams in history.

John Kane is obviously the absolute bottom of the barrel.

Birnstingl signed with Clyde but didn't play I'm sure? In the season we had 6 different goalies (Alan Combe, Filip Mentel etc)

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

No I'm talking about Stephen Tarditi.

I genuinely cant remember him at Airdrie, I'm thinking he was in the reserves, that and the fact I was 17 at the time, and those years are a bit hazy!

Well he must have something about him if Aberdeen picked him up from your lot!!!

On 18/10/2019 at 15:34, Ro Sham Bo said:

Jack Perry.

This is correct. Worse than the Anelka bunch by virtue of actually playing for QPR (youth team) and not some random 6-a-side league in La Réunion. 

He was fucking shit and signed purely because his dad knew Anelka, or was one of his backers. Shaun Dennis subbed him after 30mins in one of his matches in charge. 

Someone on here a long time back suggested he'd ended up playing on some ex-pat league in Dubai. No doubt he was still out his depth. 

6 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I'm confused as to why it appears no one has mentioned Steve Kipre in here. Ryan Frances, Bradley Coyne and Kieran McGachie in recent times are among the worst I've seen, in some of the worst Clyde teams in history.

John Kane is obviously the absolute bottom of the barrel.

Birnstingl signed with Clyde but didn't play I'm sure? In the season we had 6 different goalies (Alan Combe, Filip Mentel etc)

I'm a minority in that I saw him play for Clyde, in a friendly with Spartans. Scott McManus scored (and later signed for us a couple of years later under BF). We signed Birnstingl, then proceeded to bring David Crawford in to play instead.

Oh aye, came fae Dumbarton, had quite a large frame & not the most skilled. His name didn't help him being the but of many jokes either 
He completely lost it at Stranraer when the Fife faithful arrived with straw and carrots for him. Looking back, probably a horrible thing to do to any player.