Who is the worst player you’re club has ever had?

23 hours ago, bullyweehutch said:
On 19/10/2019 at 09:18, BullyWeeStonehouse said:
Michael Oliver. Forgot about him. Higgins was poor as was Scullion and Kettlewell during their time with us but dont think they are in the worst tier of players weve had.
Lee Sharp was on a hiding to nothing. In his late 30s in arguably our worst ever team.
Gavin Brown was a wee tit.
Struggling to remember Stuart Malcolm. And is Paul Johnstone the boy we got from Stirling?

Misspelled his name but he was the winger we had that went to Annan after us I'm sure.

You meaning Stuart Macolm? Yeah he was rotten but who was the boy bankrupt Barry signed on loan from Kilmarnock with the blond hair? Can't remember his name but always remember him being awful!!

I remember a few in Graeme Port (Signed by Alex Ferguson before moving to Dunfermline then us, most skillfull player ive seen but decision making was the worse.
Smith? Left back singed from Dumbarton who was on loan at us from Hibs a few seasons earlier, omg this boy was bad, couldnt believe he made a name for himself at Championship level. 
Johnny Stewart. Played as a playmaker for the majority of the 13-14 season? Incredibly slow and couldn't pass 10 yards. Signed from Brechin im sure.
And scored for Bonnyrig Rose on Fri night I think

3 hours ago, Clyde85 said:

You meaning Stuart Macolm? Yeah he was rotten but who was the boy bankrupt Barry signed on loan from Kilmarnock with the blond hair? Can't remember his name but always remember him being awful!!

We talking about Stuart McColm who we got from Annan and was dug shite?

J.C. Hutchison

J.Kane P.Casey A.Traub C.Cassidy

J.Doyle K.Ferguson R.Finnie

M.Archdeacon A.Coakley R.Kane

No place for Paul Kane or Andy Kane.

Some diabolical shouts in this thread; whilst a walking red card and complete zoomer, Gavin Brown was on trial at Premier league clubs when at Clyde!

Don't like to slag anyone who has worn my club's colours over the years, they're ten times the player I could ever have dreamed of being. The worst would likely be some unknown who never got past the reserves. Going back about 15 years we had a keeper, Andy Stewart I think? He didn't fill me with confidence, compounded by a midweek game at home to Hamilton, when their keeper scored against him. Probably more a case of worst moment rather than worst player, oh and Cedric Tuta was terrible the few times I saw him. 
Cedric, or Ola Adayemo from recent times. Gavin Murray as mentioned, and we can't forget Mr Marmite himself, Dougie Hope! ( I actually liked him , "Not a lot" )

Ola Adayemo, I forgot about him, he was murder, absolute mince, I also remember being shocked that he got a transfer to Watford a couple of seasons ago!!!
Now playing for Walton Casuals in the Southern League!!!

Steve Kipre was as bad - not to say worse - than anyone yet mentioned.

If John Sweeney didn't actually have a smidgeon of aggression and resillience about him, he'd be the worst ahead of Hutchison, Casey and Traub; a talentless talisman. As it is however, those three were bad in roughly equal measure. Ability-free players; amateurs who ascended the ranks of the seniors largely by accident.

Edited by Sao Paulo

1 hour ago, David W said:

J.C. Hutchison

J.Kane P.Casey A.Traub C.Cassidy

J.Doyle K.Ferguson R.Finnie

M.Archdeacon A.Coakley R.Kane

No place for Paul Kane or Andy Kane.

Some diabolical shouts in this thread; whilst a walking red card and complete zoomer, Gavin Brown was on trial at Premier league clubs when at Clyde!

Aye and where did he end up?!

East Stirling and then Selkirk...

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

On 19/10/2019 at 09:24, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

John Gemmell is another one for us. Absolutely honking "footballer".

And for some reason half our support thought he was League 2s version of Zlatan Ibrahimovic. 

Nine starts, four goals and one assist (from memory). Roughly confirmed here.

Nobody ever compared him to Zlatan, let's have it right. The most complimentary thing that was ever said about him is that he won a good amount of headers, held up the ball well and was a tried-and-tested forward at our (then) level. He was everything his CV suggested he would be. However much he antagonised people or whatever... He done a job and I'd have him back if he was still in good nick (unlikely).

2 minutes ago, Sao Paulo said:

Nine starts, four goals and one assist (from memory). Roughly confirmed here.

Nobody ever compared him to Zlatan, let's have it right. The most complimentary thing that was ever said about him is that he won a good amount of headers, held up the ball well and was a tried-and-tested forward at our (then) level. He was everything his CV suggested he would be. However much he antagonised people or whatever... He done a job and I'd have him back if he was still in good nick (unlikely).

Hes nowhere near fit to clean the boots of anyone in our squad now never mind play alongside them!

He isn't in good shape btw. "Beast" is the ideal nickname for him!

20 years ago when I worked for the co-op, Joe Tortolano used to come in every day, he was the rep for Ginsters sandwiches, think he was assistant at either Stirling or Shire at the time. Nice guy but much maligned as a footballer. Carved out a decent enough career in the game nevertheless. 

Good shout!!!

Am actually struggling to think of players that were actually bad, there was a few who just weren’t good enough or didn’t fit but nobody I can think of who was absolutely rank!!!
Paul Willis is a fanny though!!!
Ok, my opinion may be twisted by his "attempt" at management...

I’m going with Johnny Stewart in the Aitchison/Naysmith era I think he still plays his trade in centre belt with Bonnyrigg or some sort of team in that region nowadays...centre midfield he couldn’t tackle or liked to shoot, never felt so nervous watching a player that liked a pass instead. Then there’s Ola Adeyemo and Paul Willis....already mention.

Been some real stinkers though the years.  

Brian Scrimegour,John McVeigh, Hugh Hill, Vince Mennie,Kenny Ashtray,Tom Mccafferty,Lex Grant, Brendan Mcintyre, John Stuart, Dougie Robertson, Billy Mcneill, Mark Treanor, Jamie Paterson, Ally Graham,Dominic Iorfa, Sabatino De Massis, Joe Tortalano, colin mckee, kevin christie,john convery, Lee Mair, Neil Murray,Camille Oponga,Patrice Tano,Lee Wilkie, Paul Wright, Stephen Watson, James Sharpe, David Xausa,Scott Higgins, John Stewart, Kevin McBride, Shane Supple, Sean Lynch, Jack Compton, Colin Healey, Alex McDonald, Daniel Marceta,Enoch Showunmi,Mehdi Kalis,Jason Marr,Ross Perry,Jordan White, Andy Haworth,Ian flannigan,Scott Shepherd,Chris Smith, Rakish Bingham,Alex Cooper,Phil Roberts,Owain Tudor Jones,Taylor Morgan,David Smith,Kevin Mccann,John Rankin,Robbie Thomson,Alex Harris, every player Paul Hartley signed in the 2018/19 season,Leo Fasan, Andrew Irving,Aaron Jarvis,Ross Maclean, Denny Johnstone. 

Just some of the complete dross to wear the navy blue over the years I've been watching them. Apologies if I've missed anyone obvious but its difficult to choose who is the worst out of this pile of shite.

Anyone of that team that got absolutely gubbed by the Rovers 7-2

Fairley, Bain, Stallard, Lilley, Malone (Hill 46), Morton (Boyle 65), Devlin, Owens, Stevenson, Sally (Holmes 46), Donnelly. Subs Not Used: McKane, Blockley.

Rhys Devlin and Connor Fairley were absolutely stinking "footballers".

Special Mention also:

Michael "he played for Feyenoord" Brown

Jim Dick

ETA: Kevin McDonald

Edited by ++Ammo - Airdrie++