Who is the worst player you’re club has ever had?

Too many to choose from in the "new years" since 2002 and in my 60 plus years there have been some that no one else will have heard of. One that came to mind was a full back Gary Ogilvie who later featured in the much admired Tayside Police service when they checked supporters buses en route to Dundee ( in the days when we had more than one supporters bus!) who was rotten.  Recently The "Bo" Boateng was a good laugh at how bad he was. ( Not the good one!)

Are you quite young RtR? Flanagan and Crane being mentioned in a thread about your club's "worst ever players" is fucking obscene, tbh. Neither were excellent but both were half decent on their day. Jordon Thompson is a complete and utter c**t but he's a full international for Northern Ireland now! 

As ever when these threads come up, the answer for us is one of the Anelka players. Baroan Tagro or something. It's better to discount that season for us because they weren't even really 11-a-side footballers. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

Are you quite young RtR? Flanagan and Crane being mentioned in a thread about your club's "worst ever players" is fucking obscene, tbh. Neither were excellent but both were half decent on their day. Jordon Thompson is a complete and utter c**t but he's a full international for Northern Ireland now! 
As ever when these threads come up, the answer for us is one of the Anelka players. Baroan Tagro or something. It's better to discount that season for us because they weren't even really 11-a-side footballers. 

I mentioned the whole season of Anelka. Was Hervé Ebanda the centre back? Thompson being picked for NIMT is more of an insult at NI football.

9 minutes ago, RaithTheRover said:

I mentioned the whole season of Anelka. Was Hervé Ebanda the centre back? Thompson being picked for NIMT is more of an insult at NI football.

Ebanda “played” up front, alongside Hamed Sacko. Tomas Hajovsky is a name that sticks in my mind as a centre half of that era. Perhaps Slovakian? 

Dunno how I remember so much of that era given I was about 12 years old. 

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

While Flanagan's attitude was atrocious, he was nowhere near the worst. 

Callum Crane should be nowhere near any worst ever list. He was poor for us, but he's not a patch on some we've had. 

I'm pretty sure Tomas Hadjovsky was one of the worst. We also signed Jules Tchimbakala who was a Congolese international but never played a game due to injury. Antony Bartholeme is another name that rings a bell. Also, Rovers should simply avoid anyone with the surname Perry. Jack and Ross were both horrendously bad.  

2 minutes ago, Starkiplier said:

Kevin McHattie

I'd forgotten he existed, and somehow ended up playing at a higher level than us. The fact we got lumbered with him for a second season was disgusting. 

Generally, there's a few different categories of shit players: 

• Loanees who have shit attitudes and some talent (but rarely show it): Jordan Thompson and Barrie McKay fit into this catagory
  • Youth players who were out their depth: See Craig Wedderburn
  • Players who were awful for us but forged performances out elsewhere elsewhere: Craig Winte, Chris Johnston, McHattie, Andy McNeill, 
  • Truly rotten players (who often make careers out of playing for larger clubs): Scott Roberts, Ross Perry, Sean Kilgannon