Zzzzzzzzzz

Guest bernardblack

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

The network isn't even fully electrified yet. It would cost millions, even billions. Given there are very few major incidents caused by driver error it would be a completely futile investment.

My response was more to do with your daft comparison to lorry drivers and the inaccurate statement that it's drivers who cause the accidents.

I was counting prostitutes murdered by lorry drivers.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

You're entitled to 11 hours rest between shifts, no? Get your manager telt.

Three of the four other managers are on holiday this week and I need tonight off so needs must, I’m afraid. Don’t feel too bad now, quite good to get my shift out the way. Doesn’t happen too often so just suck it up when I need to. 

I’ve been trying yer auld granny’s tried and trusted method of a warm milky drink (got chocolate) the last few nights. Not sure if it’s genuinely having a physical effect or subconsciously working, but either or both ways I think it’s helping. Last night especially I think I got near enough 9 hours, although a lot of that will be down to yesterday being a c**t of a day at work then a hour running about at 5-a-side. Gonna stick with it though and see how it goes.

53 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I've been suffering a lot with earworms recently and have found concentrating on my breathing quite effective at blocking them out long enough that I go to sleep. Every time some daft song starts playing in my head I make an effort to think "in, out, in, out" as I breathe and I nod off fairly quickly.

Hopefully you don’t get the Hokey Cokey as an ear worm tonight m65.

2 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Similarly I hope Blue by Eiffel65 doesn't trouble your sleep the night

Tbf the bairn has recently come across that on Spotify so I’ve been through that one recently.

Around the World by Daft Punk on this other hand...

• 1 year later...
30 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I have developed a weird not wanting to go to bed thing. I almost feel as if I have FOMO so don't go to sleep early when I know Fcuk all happens after 10pm anyway.

Parenthood mate. Fucks you right up. With babies or really wee kids you realise there’s no point going to bed because you’ll be back up an hour or two later and feel worse for it. Then your body clock adjusts to being on permanent auto-pilot and you’re forever running on back-up and never get the lost sleep back. 

Life’s over mate. You’re fucked. Welcome to the beginning of the end of life as you knew it.