Zzzzzzzzzz

Guest bernardblack

I used to be a terrible insomniac when I was a teenager. There's about four years that I barely remember due to spending it feeling like a zombie.

If you need a solid night's sleep, I can wholeheartedly recommend reading my posts a set of quality earplugs. It's amazing how much ambient noise can affect the quality of your sleep.

5 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I used to be a terrible insomniac when I was a teenager. There's about four years that I barely remember due to spending it feeling like a zombie.

If you need a solid night's sleep, I can wholeheartedly recommend reading my posts a set of quality earplugs. It's amazing how much ambient noise can affect the quality of your sleep.

The flaw in your plan is you can't hear the alarm in the morning.

Not great, find it hard to sleep before about 1am, often 2am and usually back up about 7-7:30.

I do find every few weeks or so I have a crash-and-burn and have one night where I zonk out about 9-10pm and have a good 8-9 hours sleep, but rarely do that more than one night in a row.

I suffered from chronic insomnia on and off for years, especially when I was having personal problems.  Doctors prescribed me 'Mirtazapine' a sort of combination of a sleeping pill and anti depressant, been on it about 5 years now and I'd estimate 90% of the time I get a pretty good sleep each night.

Sleeping is brilliant. I almost always sleep on my side as I find it difficult to sleep on my back, unless I'm physically exhausted. I like to just let my mind drift and follow it in to slumber.

Anyway, you need to ensure that the room is dark (obviously). It should be cool as well, bordering on cold. There should be no TVs or any other screens in the room. No alarm clocks with bright displays either. You want to totally minimise electric 'pollution' in the room. The only device I have in the room is my phone but that's because it's my alarm. It's turned face down and has the sound off, and goes without saying that internet is not enabled.

Absolutely do not sit reading your phone in bed before trying to sleep. Mental behaviour that will affect the quality of your sleep, plus ruins the conditioning of that place being for sleep. Reading a book before bed can be good, but try to stick to a physical copy.

Bed should be made before climbing in (you should do it in the mornings you lazy fucks!) and pillows plumped. 

I usually get a good 7/8 hours a night on weeknights and sometimes up to 9 or even 10 on a weekend if I'm not doing anything (usually). Have to be careful not to doze too much though.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Sleeping is brilliant. I almost always sleep on my side as I find it difficult to sleep on my back, unless I'm physically exhausted. I like to just let my mind drift and follow it in to slumber.

Anyway, you need to ensure that the room is dark (obviously). It should be cool as well, bordering on cold. There should be no TVs or any other screens in the room. No alarm clocks with bright displays either. You want to totally minimise electric 'pollution' in the room. The only device I have in the room is my phone but that's because it's my alarm. It's turned face down and has the sound off, and goes without saying that internet is not enabled.

Absolutely do not sit reading your phone in bed before trying to sleep. Mental behaviour that will affect the quality of your sleep, plus ruins the conditioning of that place being for sleep. Reading a book before bed can be good, but try to stick to a physical copy.

Bed should be made before climbing in (you should do it in the mornings you lazy fucks!) and pillows plumped. 

I usually get a good 7/8 hours a night on weeknights and sometimes up to 9 or even 10 on a weekend if I'm not doing anything (usually). Have to be careful not to doze too much though.

Now you tell me, I've been sitting watching this video on my phone to ease me off to sleep.  I feel very stupid right now.

Just now, ICTChris said:

Now you tell me, I've been sitting watching this video on my phone to ease me off to sleep.  I feel very stupid right now.

There's no need to thank me.

Incidentally after ejaculating men release hormones that can make them feel sleepy.