Zzzzzzzzzz

Guest bernardblack

Sleep pretty well but my body clock is resolute. I wake up at 0730 for work every day with an alarm, but at the weekend even if I've been up till 3am on a night out I'm still up at 0730 without the alarm and can't really sleep after. Potentially a OFTW trait tbh.

I'll aim for 7 hours a night so typically that means going to sleep at 11:30. However I've been trying 8 hours recently and reading printed literature a bit before 10:30. Would say 8 hours is nice to have, 7 hours is fine, 6 is ok but wouldn't like to so that every night as after 3 or 4 I could definitely do with a catch up.

Not looking at screens prior to sleeping is great advice as well. Phone into flight mode helps as well to avoid pointless notifications.

17 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

I don't sleep well and haven't since our first child was born in 2016. 

I find myself napping most afternoons whilst our 1 year does. This means I'm wide awake at bed time. Vicious circle.

Oh f**k, I miss that. Afternoons spent lying on the couch with the wean speltered on top of me. The very greatest sleep ever.

Think I might grab the wee teenage arsehole on Sunday and hold him 'til he passes out on me.

4 minutes ago, RH33 said:

I’m on zopiclone. It helps get you to sleep but doesn’t overly tranquillise you. Need be somewhat coherent if kids up in night.

I've had a prescription for Zopiclone for about a decade; only taken it maybe a dozen or so times. Agree that's it's pretty mild; just helps you nod off, but doesn't keep you asleep if some b*****d woman you're married to decides to wake you up because she can't sleep and misery loves company. According to a mate.

Do you wake up with a metallic taste in your mouth afterwards?

I used to but only now and then now. I was down to one a night in summer with aim of coming off them.

But bad spell mental health recently and I’m of opinion that sleeping even with them more important to health. Couple Valium when kids aren’t here or a sominex to make sure get good sleep at least one night a week.

that said I can nod off about midday no problem at all 🙈

I try to aim for 6-7 hours sleep at night, but I sometimes struggle to sleep during the week as I know I’m up early for work the next morning which of course means the harder I try to sleep, the more I stay awake and I’m even more knackered the next day.

I also went through a bad cycle of sleeping for 3/4 hours when I got in from work in the early evening so when I went to bed at midnight I was wide awake. Try to avoid that now.

9 hours ago, anotherchance said:

Slept like a baby last night. Shat myself and cried for 4 hours.

8 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Slept like a baby last night - cried myself to sleep and shat myself. 

Image result for spiderman meme

Go to bed and sleep around 1am, the wife and son are up and about from 5:30am to 6:00am (wife often bakes at that time???)  so the smell of cakes etc and the clattering of baking tins breaks my sleep - so probably 5 hours of solid sleep and then 3 hours of tossing (snigger,snigger) and turning! 

Last night I felt myself nodding off on the couch, so ended up in bed by half 7. Slept through till about 5 when I needed to get up for a slash, then back to sleep for another hour. I will do this two or three times a week. 

For the rest of the week I will get into bed at around 10, and then struggle with the temperature in the room, get very unsettled, and end up going back to the couch where I will put something on TV and try and get to sleep. Usually falling asleep around 1/2 in the morning. 

I usually sleep very well but last night there were fireworks going off when I went to bed and then the battery in the smoke alarm outside my bedroom decided 3am was the perfect time to stop working. The constant beeping woke me up, so I had to get up to disconnect it.

A combination of the Headspace app and morning gym sessions means that I fall asleep pretty quickly and rarely wake through the night as I'm a deep sleeper.

Mrs Mathematics is a very light sleeper and has freakishly good hearing, this means that she is good at waking me if she has heard something happening in a neighbouring town.

Always been a good sleeper but since recently splashing out on a fancy new wanking chariot and expensive mattress my sleep has been on a different level. I feel like I’m a million miles away for the entire time I’m asleep and when I wake up I feel like thanking my bed for taking such great care of me. If there’s ever an item in the house that you want to splash out a bit more on its your bed/mattress.

I usually go to sleep about 10 o clock and always wake up around 6 am, never been one for long lies and my idea of one would be staying in bed til 8 o clock latest.

About one night a week I’ll have a poor night sleep because of the weekends antics, it’s usually on a Monday but if I have a few curers on the Monday then the agony is prolonged until Tuesday.

The first few months after I started murdering prozzers I found that it was affecting my sleep.

But I stuck at it and now find that I can't get a decent sleep without somebody disintegrating in a nearby room.

Give it a go.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Always been a good sleeper but since recently splashing out on a fancy new wanking chariot and expensive mattress my sleep has been on a different level. I feel like I’m a million miles away for the entire time I’m asleep and when I wake up I feel like thanking my bed for taking such great care of me. If there’s ever an item in the house that you want to splash out a bit more on its your bed/mattress.

I usually go to sleep about 10 o clock and always wake up around 6 am, never been one for long lies and my idea of one would be staying in bed til 8 o clock latest.

About one night a week I’ll have a poor night sleep because of the weekends antics, it’s usually on a Monday but if I have a few curers on the Monday then the agony is prolonged until Tuesday.