Getting Around Scotland

Which of the following places in Scotland have you NOT been to? Either simply post a the total number, go one further by providing a score for each (somewhat arbitrary) 'zone', or go all out and list the specific ones.

Zone A 
Castlebay, Dingwall, Durness, Fort William, Inverness, anywhere on Lewis, anywhere in Orkney, Portree, anywhere in Shetland, Tongue, Torridon, either of the Uists, Ullapool,  Wick

Zone B 
Aberdeen, Aberfeldy, Aberlour, Alford, Arbroath, Ballater, Banchory, Banff, Blairgowrie, Brechin, Dundee, Elgin, Forfar, Fraserburgh, Grantown on Spey, Montrose, Peterhead, Stonehaven, Tomintoul, Turriff 

Zone C 
Alloa, Bathgate, Crieff, Cupar, Dunfermline, Falkirk, Galashiels, Glenrothes, Hawick, Kelso, Kirkcaldy, Linlithgow, Livingston, Musselburgh, North Berwick, Peebles, Penicuik, Perth, St Andrews, Stirling 

Zone D 

Airdrie, Ayr, Coatbridge, Cumbernauld, Dumbarton, East Kilbride, Greenock, Hamilton, Irvine, Kilmarnock, Kilwinning, Kirkintilloch, Lanark, Largs, Milngavie, Motherwell, Paisley, Prestwick, Rothesay, Ruel Street, Wishaw

Zone E

Brodick, Campbeltown, Castle Douglas, Dumfries, anywhere on Islay , Lochgoilhead, Oban, Stranraer, Tobermory, Whithorn

Eta: Additionally, have you been to any places abroad that have a Scottish name, e.g.  Aberdeen (either Hong Kong or any of the million in the USA), Banff (Canada), Blantyre (Malawi), Calgary (Canada), Hamilton (Bermuda), Perth (Australia) etc etc...

Edited by Hedgecutter

A2  B0  C1  D3  E1 

7/85

Aberdeen (Hong Kong, Nova Scotia, Colorado, Washington), Calgary (Alberta) & Inverness (Nova Scotia).  Not sure if (New) Glasgow or Livingston(e) count.

Edited by Hedgecutter

If you’ve only passed through a place either driving or as a passenger can you truly say you’ve been there ?

I think one of the astronauts from the moon landings said he felt he’d never really been to the moon because he never actually got out of the capsule while the others were out for a walk , planting flags and playing golf.

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Which of the following places in Scotland have you NOT been to? Either simply post a the total number, go one further by providing a score for each (somewhat arbitrary) 'zone', or go all out and list the specific ones.

Zone A 
Castlebay, Dingwall, Durness, Fort William, Inverness, anywhere on Lewis, anywhere in Orkney, Portree, anywhere in Shetland, Tongue, Torridon, either of the Uists, Ullapool,  Wick

Zone B 
Aberdeen, Aberfeldy, Aberlour, Alford, Arbroath, Ballater, Banchory, Banff, Blairgowrie, Brechin, Dundee, Elgin, Forfar, Fraserburgh, Grantown on Spey, Montrose, Peterhead, Stonehaven, Tomintoul, Turriff 

Zone C 
Alloa, Bathgate, Crieff, Cupar, Dunfermline, Falkirk, Galashiels, Glenrothes, Hawick, Kelso, Kirkcaldy, Linlithgow, Livingston, Musselburgh, North Berwick, Peebles, Penicuik, Perth, St Andrews, Stirling 

Zone D 

Airdrie, Ayr, Coatbridge, Cumbernauld, Dumbarton, East Kilbride, Greenock, Hamilton, Irvine, Kilmarnock, Kilwinning, Kirkintilloch, Lanark, Largs, Milngavie, Motherwell, Paisley, Prestwick, Rothesay, Ruel Street, Wishaw

Zone E

Brodick, Campbeltown, Castle Douglas, Dumfries, anywhere on Islay , Lochgoilhead, Oban, Stranraer, Tobermory, Whithorn

Eta: Additionally, have you been to any places abroad that have a Scottish name, e.g.  Aberdeen (either Hong Kong or any of the million in the USA), Banff (Canada), Blantyre (Malawi), Calgary (Canada), Hamilton (Bermuda), Perth (Australia) etc etc...

A - 4

B - 7

C - 5

D - 3

E - 1

A - 6

B - 15

C - 18

D - 19

E - 5

I think I may have been out and about in a couple more of those places but I only listed them if I could picture the town in my head and was familiar with the place rather than having passed through. 

My main reason for visiting most of the places was repeatedly delivering to building sites and hardware stores over the course of around a decade or so. 

A few on the list I know through family breaks and the fitba. 

Scotland really is a beautiful country that people need to explore if they've got the time. 

Eta: Having just swatched the OP it's supposed to be a list of what places you've NOT been too. Sakes. I'm not re-doing it. So there. 

Edited by Dee Man

A - 7

B - 0

C - 12

D - 18 (Not a fan of the south west)

E - 5

I have lived and/or worked in every zone;

A - Orkney & Shetland.

B - Aberdeen, Banff, Dundee, Montrose, Peterhead, Stonehaven.

C - Alloa, St Andrews, Kirkcaldy.

D - Largs.

E - Oban.

6 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Peterhead Prison is a fantastic museum.

Actually , I’ve heard that from other folk as well..  Says a lot about the place, though, that it’s main attraction is an old prison.

5 minutes ago, A96 said:

Actually , I’ve heard that from other folk as well..  Says a lot about the place, though, that it’s main attraction is an old prison.

No, its main attraction is Heroin. The prison is a good place to go if you're early for your dealer.