East Fife v Forfar Athletic

About time this got started, we’ve had a rest, we should be raring to go, everybody should be available apart from, King Kev, Duggan and Bell, will there be any changes???

We’re still undefeated but we’ve dropped 6 points from the last three games, DY might look at that and freshen the side up a bit!!!

We have to win this to stay in touch at the top but should the return of Agent Smith be a worry to us ... 

...probably not!!!

Kind of hope Darren rotates slightly. The guys coming off the bench have looked a bit rusty when they've come on of late. Maybe get Denholm on from the start in this one and potentially give Church a shot at left back considering Pat has played every single match so far. 

Oh, and start Brett Long. 

15 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

About time this got started, we’ve had a rest, we should be raring to go, everybody should be available apart from, King Kev, Duggan and Bell, will there be any changes???

We’re still undefeated but we’ve dropped 6 points from the last three games, DY might look at that and freshen the side up a bit!!!

We have to win this to stay in touch at the top but should the return of Agent Smith be a worry to us ... 

...probably not!!!

Think Forfar have more to fear from agent smith😂

We need to turn three draws into wins to stay in the hunt on Wraiths tail, so with both sides returning to league action after the international break hopefully a score of 4-3 is on the cards.

Always nervous after a break but hopefully those players who were clearly carrying niggling injuries are fully fit after the rest.

Wouldn’t change much other than possibly the goalie. For me it always seems that we play better away from home- think our points tally supports that?
Away from home our midfield always seems closer to the defence protecting them, whilst it always give our fast forwards space to attack. At home our defence always seems more isolated as we feel we need to attack and goals get conceded.

Anyway a win before the following away fixture would be most welcome.

Completely agree with above. I also think we do better when we are shooting towards the sea, especially in the second half. Does anyone else share that view, or is that because I sit near the sea end goalmouth and see the action better at that end? 

Think 9/10 we always shoot towards the sea, second half and always have done, the 1/10 that we don’t always seems to be when an ex-player is on the opposition side and has mentioned it to his gaffer and we get turned around at the kick-off!!!
With Agent Smith back tomorrow I fully expect us to be kicking towards the sea in the 1st half!!![emoji23][emoji23]

I thought Forfar would be a lot higher up the league and kick on from last season but losing the quality of the likes of Reilly, Easton and Baird is going to be difficult to replace.

I feel that the international break has came at the right time for us, as by going by reports our performances had dropped a little, so hopefully with a little breather we are more fresh and can kick on again.

2 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

I thought Forfar would be a lot higher up the league and kick on from last season but losing the quality of the likes of Reilly, Easton and Baird is going to be difficult to replace

Hard to believe the amount of moaning about these guys from some of our fans last season. Mental really.

Throw in the likes of Eckersley and Spencer as well and Weir had some job on his hands.

1 hour ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Hard to believe the amount of moaning about these guys from some of our fans last season. Mental really.

Throw in the likes of Eckersley and Spencer as well and Weir had some job on his hands.

He did indeed. For me Baird and Eckersley are the big losses and we thought they were signed for this season ( they were but we effectively had to release them for personal reasons), signing a heap of duds from a garbage Brechin team was never the answer though....

1 hour ago, nofixedability said:

He did indeed. For me Baird and Eckersley are the big losses and we thought they were signed for this season ( they were but we effectively had to release them for personal reasons), signing a heap of duds from a garbage Brechin team was never the answer though....

I like Tapping.

First quarter last year Meechan, Baird and Reilly struggled and came onto a game, hopefully it's the same with some of our new signings this year.

3 hours ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

I like Tapping.

Not for me so far, he and Kirkpatrick massive let downs in the league, Forbes less so but still below what you would have expected.

To start turning things around we’ll need goals and hard to see where they are coming from at the moment.

Giving tomorrow a miss anyway can’t see anything but a comfortable home win, East Fife were excellent against us at Station Park earlier.

9 hours ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Nobody moaned about Eck - Baird or Spencer, those are the 3 that we have been missing badly this season, apart from Forbes and Docherty at times our signings have been poor.

5 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Nobody moaned about Eck - Baird or Spencer, those are the 3 that we have been missing badly this season, apart from Forbes and Docherty at times our signings have been poor.

Easton, Reilly and Baird were the players mentioned. I heard folk moaning at Baird every game I was at.