Common Driving faux pas

Romeo

I have three ‘roundabout fcuking pain in the arse’ areas where I have nearly been wiped out while taking a roundabout the correct way. As others have mentioned, one is the big roundabout at Asda Robroyston. I would love to get hold of the guy who designed that and kick him square in the baws. Having said that, the guy did record ‘Songs in the Key of Life’ back in the day, so he’s not all bad. The second area is if you are heading to the big Sterling furniture store in Tillicolutry, by using the road that goes from Stirling services, past the Brucefields golf centre, and out towards the Wallace Monument before going through Menstrie and Alva. Multiple roundabouts en-route, one after another, each one seemingly has its own laws that bear little or no relation any other roundabout know to man.

Unfortunately for me, the third area is where I live. Broadwood Stadium roundabout in Cumbernauld, up and past Tesco Craigmarloch, and onwards towards Westerwood Hotel. The roundabout at Tesco Craigmarloch seems to attract an inordianate amount of flyboy cnuts who know fine well the roundabout has a two-lane approach at 6 o clock, but only one lane going up the hill at 12 o clock. Put simply, two does not go into one. Cnuts who have no intention of carrying around to the 3 o clock cut off swerving in from the right hand lane diving up the 12 o clock exit to save five seconds of their lives.

Edited by pozbaird