Motherwell v Aberdeen

The difference being though that I don't merrily accept the club having a losers mentality. I may be a bit negative but it's up to the club to give me reasons to be positive, not the other way around. On the other hand we have a core in our support who thrive on us being the underdogs, us "punching above our weight", and that is, in my opinion, an attitude that holds the club back. 

You’re an absolute fuckin weapon.

Despite us being in the Premier for ever and being no strangers to finishing above them on occasion, a defeat to us is never palatable for supporters of city clubs - so it's vitally important for our ambitions this season that we win comfortably tomorrow and help turn Aberdeen into a shitshow as we've helped with Hearts and Hibs ☺️ Doing well while the league is weak gives us our best chance of a first decent league finish for a few years, so the game feels oddly pivotal for mid-october.

The regulation 3-0'er at Fir Park during the dismal "18" part of 2018/19 was probably the weirdest result of last season and you'd think that given the current team, for all the work in progress stuff, are a much better footballing side that I should feel confident about tomorrow - but i cant help thinking that Aberdeen are being under estimated. Would genuinely be ok with a point here...

Edited by Swello

6 minutes ago, Swello said:

Despite us being in the Premier for ever and being no strangers to finishing above them on occasion, a defeat to us is never palatable for supporters of city clubs - so it's vitally important for our ambitions this season that we win comfortably tomorrow and help turn Aberdeen into a shitshow as we've helped with Hearts and Hibs ☺️ Doing well while the league is weak gives us our best chance of a first decent league finish for a few years, so the game feels oddly pivotal for mid-october.

The regulation 3-0'er at Fir Park during the dismal "18" part of 2018/19 was probably the weirdest result of last season and you'd think that given the current team, for all the work in progress stuff, are a much better footballing side that I should feel confident about tomorrow - but i cant help thinking that Aberdeen are being under estimated. Would genuinely be ok with a point here...

What is mildly amusing but also v concerning is that apparently Aberdeen are Sh1te.

I would take sh1te every day of the week if it meant sitting in 4th place. 

They have had a slow start this season but not near as much as Hearts, Hibs, St Johnstone and even Kilmarnock. All things are relative ...

Tomorrow will b tough and as much as I would love a win I expect a score draw. 

On 16/10/2019 at 11:47, MJC said:

Ironically enough, this Sunday will be twenty years to the day of that debacle(at least from a Motherwell point of view) of a match.

I know some Motherwell fans like to look back on that game in some kind of awe, but it truly was a horrendous and embarrassing night for our club and there was nothing to celebrate at all. Before that game Aberdeen had picked up one point all season and scored only two goals having lost 7-0 at Parkhead on the Saturday befofehand, indeed they were a national laughing stock. Yet they rolled into Fir Park that night and put six past us. Absolutely criminal from us and to make matters worse, you had and still do get some Motherwell fans going "aww but I really enjoyed that game, great spectacle for the neutral, great entertainment, bla bla bla". Talk like that absolutely infuriates me from our fans and it reeks to high heavens of a losers mentality.

We LOST that game in the most embarrassing of manners possible, there was nothing to take from that in terms of enjoyment.

I was in Thailand when that game was played, off my head on a mixture of local whisky/ rum stuff and other local ‘delicacies’. I was also relatively new to the internet.  When I found the score online it didn’t help my state of mind or loosening grip on reality. Still not convinced it actually happened. 

Fun times though. 

Just now, Rodhull said:

Wow! 6 defenders in that lineup. f**k me this is going to be grim.

That is absolutely brutal. Who's playing centre mid? Gallagher and McGinn? 

Is it 4 considine and vyner as full backs with Logan and Leigh as wingers? 

McInnes has lost the plot. I don't care if we get the win, that's a disgraceful team to put out for a game of football.