Motherwell v Aberdeen

Can't see us changing much tbh.

The only obvious questions are Cole vs Long and Carroll vs Tait. B2B clean sheets against St Johnstone and St Mirren probably means we'll go with the recent back 4 and I think we'll stick with Cole as the #9 and chuck Long on for 30 mins in the 2nd half.

If Campbell's not burst after being away with the u21s he'll start.

Gillespie
Grimshaw Gallagher Hartley Tait
Campbell Maguire Polworth
Scott Cole Seedorf

Subs: Long, Carson, Mugabi, O'Hara, Semple, Carroll, Hylton

Since the LC QF shoeing at Fir Park McInnes has generally tried to match Rabinson's sides and "win the battle". The 0-1 that followed a couple of days laster being the classic of the genre. With Aberdeen's injuries and suspensions I'm curious to see what he does here.

I wouldn't be hugely surprised if it ended up a draw.

IMHO These next 3 games are huge in terms of giving us a real belief whether top 4 and Europe are a realistic opportunity or whether top 6 is more realistic. 

A win v Aberdeen and Killie and we can start to believe. Even a win and a draw would suffice. But a couple of losses or a loss and a draw and the mood may be a little different. I leave the Rangers game out simply as they will likely pick up 3 points and if it looks like they won’t the referee will step in to help. 

I hope he starts with Carroll and Long in place of Tait and Cole. Cole has the makings of a decent player but is so unpredictable. Long for me has been more stable option and has proved he is a goalscorer. Carroll has been a v pleasant surprise and despite being sent of TWICE has performed well. That said I reckon Robinson will only make one of those changes and not both. Which one we will find out at 13:50 on Saturday. 

Aberdeen will be the toughest game so far (apart) from Celtic and despite injuries and suspensions are strong and streetwise. Considine is usually good for a headed goal against us. It will be a real battle and if we are to win we need all players to be up for it and for the referee to not a talking point against us. Plus a little luck. We get that and we will take the 3 points. Anything less and a draw or loss is likely. 

Really looking forward to this game...Hope For a decent home crowd also. 

Edited by welldaft

Ironically enough, this Sunday will be twenty years to the day of that debacle(at least from a Motherwell point of view) of a match.

I know some Motherwell fans like to look back on that game in some kind of awe, but it truly was a horrendous and embarrassing night for our club and there was nothing to celebrate at all. Before that game Aberdeen had picked up one point all season and scored only two goals having lost 7-0 at Parkhead on the Saturday befofehand, indeed they were a national laughing stock. Yet they rolled into Fir Park that night and put six past us. Absolutely criminal from us and to make matters worse, you had and still do get some Motherwell fans going "aww but I really enjoyed that game, great spectacle for the neutral, great entertainment, bla bla bla". Talk like that absolutely infuriates me from our fans and it reeks to high heavens of a losers mentality.

We LOST that game in the most embarrassing of manners possible, there was nothing to take from that in terms of enjoyment.