Falkirk v Peterhead

I still think sammon gets undue criticism. Guy gets goals and his first today was an excellent header to get us going. He then set McMillan up really well for the second.  The fallout over the pen wasnt great but difficult to know who to blame as no idea who the designated taker is.  He and mcmillan are beginning to look like a decent partnership.

4 goals, 3 points and a clean sheet. Job done.

Overall a very comfortable performance, although I'm still not convinced the players really know what the game plan is. Anyway a good solid start to Q2 which we should be targeting at least 23 points from.

I still think sammon gets undue criticism. Guy gets goals and his first today was an excellent header to get us going. He then set McMillan up really well for the second.  The fallout over the pen wasnt great but difficult to know who to blame as no idea who the designated taker is.  He and mcmillan are beginning to look like a decent partnership.
I like Sammon think he works hard for the team and is a lot better with the ball at his feet than I thought he was, can definitely see the partnership developing between him and McMillan

3 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:
29 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I like Sammon think he works hard for the team and is a lot better with the ball at his feet than I thought he was, can definitely see the partnership developing between him and McMillan

Why the f**k do we keep pumping long high balls up to him? The only header I think he won was for his goal. 

9 minutes ago, champions said:

4 goals, 3 points and a clean sheet. Job done.

Overall a very comfortable performance, although I'm still not convinced the players really know what the game plan is. Anyway a good solid start to Q2 which we should be targeting at least 23 points from.

I still feel we miss a bit of physicality in the middle of the park. Someone with a bit of drive that puts themselves about. Today was ok as peterhead were very soft in that area but against others we have struggled to cope when the going has got tough in there.

4 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Why the f**k do we keep pumping long high balls up to him? The only header I think he won was for his goal. 

You need to ask mckinnon that. Hes good at coming on to a ball but headers on etc are just no his game. Far better with ball into feet as we saw with the second goal. Usual hes a big boy so he'll win everything in the air kind of mindset unfortunately.

The lack of flair yesterday was partly down to formation, and I feel McKinnon got that right.  He took the view that we can deal with one man up front, and two midfielders plus two outside forwards was more than enough to deal with their 5.

Gives up a lot of possession but means when we get the ball forward we’re heavy on numbers.  It worked, but wasn’t pretty.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

His goal against Raith, and that header yesterday looked far better when I saw them replayed than at the games.

First was a fantastic bit of skill in the curled strike when seen from behind the player, and the header was a really tight angle. But because of losing a two goal lead, the opposition yesterday and the constant gloom around they aren't really being talked about.