Falkirk v Peterhead

McKinnon is shite and all, but that type of thing only causes me to be raging when I am at the game, getting exasperated with the football on show. We have all been there many times over the years. It leads you to want a change of manager. 

The utter malaise, close to disdain I feel towards the club is down to the dance between MSG/Campbell. Both as bad as eachother and Stevie Wonder running for a bus couldn't fail to see that its' us going to be left picking up the tiny wee pieces when it all gets smashed tae f**k. They are risking the support with their shite. It will take a lot to put me off going, but see if they do, something else will claim Saturdays. There must be a lot like that. The product ont he park has never made me feel like that. These fucking shenanigans are deeply, deeply embarrassing and insulting though. 

1 minute ago, peternapper said:

Whats the script for away supporters, do we pay cash at the gate have to go to a ticket office or what. seems to be a few variations now & cant remember how it was a few seasons back.

PATG.

9 hours ago, As Easterly as it gets! said:

Good to see such optimism from the bairns. McKinnon giving everyone the feelgood factor? Or is it simply the disappointment of dropping down the divisions?

More McKinnon for me, don't think we would have many groans if we were winning games at a canter.

The huge budget difference isnt showing on the park, so the buck will always fall at the head of the manager.

I think we will win but be surprised if it's convincing

For me it started with the appointment of Hartley and the decision to close our Academy and rip the heart out of the club by removing all our more established players in one swoop.

We replaced them with a bunch of nonentities that no one knew or could really identify with.

Since then the shambles has rumbled on with incredulous levels of board incompetence, and constant changes of playing personnel that I couldn’t really care less how they progress whilst part of our club, as I genuinely don’t feel that they care one iota about it, and don’t feel they are with the club long term either.

It’s ironic that Houstie referred to QoS as a bunch of journeymen. We are now a club full of journeymen and it looks like it’s set to be that way for years to come.

Totally fucked imo....

That Raith comeback has really knocked the stuffing out of me.

I’ll be there, I think it’ll be a dull 2-0 win. Connor and Gomez with the goals. Att:3455

Ray “listen” McKinnon will sell it as us turning the corner and will buy himself an additional few weeks in the job.

I think we will win this game comfortably. But the game is up in terms of these comfortable home wins being meaningful in terms of turning a corner.

This season is going to be full of comfortable home wins followed up but bedshitting against any team with aspirations of being close to the top end of the table.

If we beat Peterhead 5 or 6 nil, it makes no fucking difference since the die is already cast for how Ray can f**k this season up.

7 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

For me it started with the appointment of Hartley and the decision to close our Academy and rip the heart out of the club by removing all our more established players in one swoop.

We replaced them with a bunch of nonentities that no one knew or could really identify with.

Since then the shambles has rumbled on with incredulous levels of board incompetence, and constant changes of playing personnel that I couldn’t really care less how they progress whilst part of our club, as I genuinely don’t feel that they care one iota about it, and don’t feel they are with the club long term either.

It’s ironic that Houstie referred to QoS as a bunch of journeymen. We are now a club full of journeymen and it looks like it’s set to be that way for years to come.

Totally fucked imo....

Watching all these English diddies coming up here gave me hope that anyone can make it in football.

Also a great laugh at what the f**k English scouts see in these guys as most of us took 1 look at them and knew something wasn't right about them.

English scouts 😂

9 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Totally fucked imo....

For me it was the second Houston was kept on after the United play off defeat and handed 2 year contracts to the likes of Harris, Shepherd and the likes.

The home playoff match with Dundee Utd seems to be the line in the sand where everything changed.

Ever since that match it has been an absolute disaster and if you've started supporting Falkirk since it's been nothing short of atrocious.

3 seasons of laughably bad shit and still we somehow get more fans than at least 12 teams above us tells me the fans are too loyal (myself included)

This needs a complete overhaul from the board to the manager and most of the players.

For me it was the second Houston was kept on after the United play off defeat and handed 2 year contracts to the likes of Harris, Shepherd and the likes.

It’s difficult to know where we would be now if we had persisted with Houstie...despite it being the right time for him to stand aside.
In saying that, I do wonder if we could possibly be in a worse place, League wise, than we are now....

13 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Totally fucked imo....

I've got Bonnie Tyler 'Holding out for a Hero' in my head..but the truth is we go to games and pay to be entertained to a certain degree.  I've always expected as Falkirk fan(maybe wrongly?) that we'd play attacking football where possible. We've been commended in the past for the way we go at teams and set out to score goals.  Thats just not really been evident to me the past couple of years apart from a handful of occasions.

Also, and to refer the 'hero' thing - even if we had one or two players who were a different class.  The type of player young fans love, someone who can consistently turn it on. We've been blessed down the years by some cracking flair players that you would pay money to watch.  I remember as a young lad the excitement of getting into the choir and seeing Crunchie warm up(ooh er) but you knew if he was playing you were in for some entertainment.

I appreciate the game is different these days(but is it?) and we've seen a few cracking goals this year and some nice football but it just seems few and far between.

My old man has a theory that we watch so much great football on TV now that we forget that in the past there was a lot of sh*te as well, (I mean Big Crawf was a legend but how many shots ended up on the railway?  ...but at same time a  happy medium would be nice.

17 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

I've got Bonnie Tyler 'Holding out for a Hero' in my head..but the truth is we go to games and pay to be entertained to a certain degree.  I've always expected as Falkirk fan(maybe wrongly?) that we'd play attacking football where possible. We've been commended in the past for the way we go at teams and set out to score goals.  Thats just not really been evident to me the past couple of years apart from a handful of occasions.

Also, and to refer the 'hero' thing - even if we had one or two players who were a different class.  The type of player young fans love, someone who can consistently turn it on. We've been blessed down the years by some cracking flair players that you would pay money to watch.  I remember as a young lad the excitement of getting into the choir and seeing Crunchie warm up(ooh er) but you knew if he was playing you were in for some entertainment.

I appreciate the game is different these days(but is it?) and we've seen a few cracking goals this year and some nice football but it just seems few and far between.

My old man has a theory that we watch so much great football on TV now that we forget that in the past there was a lot of sh*te as well, (I mean Big Crawf was a legend but how many shots ended up on the railway?  ...but at same time a  happy medium would be nice.

You get a lot of complete dross on the tv too mind you.

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

It’s difficult to know where we would be now if we had persisted with Houstie...despite it being the right time for him to stand aside.
In saying that, I do wonder if we could possibly be in a worse place, League wise, than we are now....

We were certainly going down if he had stayed make no bones about it.  Team had flung the towel in and a couple of years of bad signings had eventually come to a head.  Who knows who may have replaced him if he had stayed till we were down. Might have been Hartley might not.