Falkirk v Peterhead

I only saw highlights of the first game, but thought Peterhead had nothing that day too, just we couldn't score in a barrel of fannys. Today we took some well finished goals. McManus's goal in particular is a peach, but MacMillan finished his well as did Sammon.

In conclusion I think it was just better finishing today. The performance was certainly not a thing of beauty, but it easily did the job.

MacMillan was very unlucky not to get a second with a deft little touch which hit the post and was clawed of the line. Anyone in line with it got a view on how close it was to going in? Should we be cursing the lack of goal line technology in league 1?
The ball was over the line and should have been a goal for Falkirk. We were very poor once again and were well beaten by the second best team in the league. Raith were much better against us the last time we played them.

57 minutes ago, mic_17_uk said:

In conclusion I think it was just better finishing today. The performance was certainly not a thing of beauty, but it easily did the job.

Its the creating part that's the problem for me, we have plenty who will finish but they rarely get the chances.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Our downfall last game came when we were 2 up and cruising......

The similarities of part time relegation haunted Peterhead and the title challenging full time Raith is where the real comparisons end. 

1 hour ago, mic_17_uk said:

We can be confident going into next week, but there's definitely room for improvement.

That sums us up but for how long ?

McKinnon really should know what his best 11 is by now

Our highest paid player on the bench too, sums up his managerial career

1 minute ago, Blue-Toon said:
I only saw highlights of the first game, but thought Peterhead had nothing that day too, just we couldn't score in a barrel of fannys. Today we took some well finished goals. McManus's goal in particular is a peach, but MacMillan finished his well as did Sammon.

MacMillan was very unlucky not to get a second with a deft little touch which hit the post and was clawed of the line. Anyone in line with it got a view on how close it was to going in? Should we be cursing the lack of goal line technology in league 1?

The ball was over the line and should have been a goal for Falkirk. We were very poor once again and were well beaten by the second best team in the league. Raith were much better against us the last time we played them.

Sounds like we were well pumped again today .,Got to start making Balmoor a tough place to come for any team as i dont see much points being picked up on the road ..WAs there much of a support down today ??

24 minutes ago, Blue-Toon said:

Raith aren't up to much either. Standard is dreadful. If we had a manager with half a clue we'd scoosh this league. McKinnon though means that teams like raith have a wee chance.

I guess if you are regularly getting humped 4-0, you are entitled to make that comparison.....

Sounds like we were well pumped again today .,Got to start making Balmoor a tough place to come for any team as i dont see much points being picked up on the road ..WAs there much of a support down today ??

Not too many, 40-50 maybe. I was sitting in the West stand today rather than behind the goals with a mate and was right beside the away support. Sporting bunch considering the score apart from a very weird older woman & her middle aged son (presuming).

As the Peterhead fan said, it was definitely over the line and was clawed back out by the GK. Linesman was nowhere near keeping up with play.

Fair comment but generally think we were pretty poor today there wasn't much football played bar a few good moves, was a professional display at best

5 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

As the Peterhead fan said, it was definitely over the line and was clawed back out by the GK. Linesman was nowhere near keeping up with play.

Goalies foot is only a few inches from the line and his arm is fully extended to catch the ball. It must have been over.

behind the line.jpg

Sorry for all the Falkirk fans being bored watching their team go through a 90 minute training session & scoring 4 goals today, 5 if you count the one that was not given, the 49 of us as announced on the pa in the away end were not so much bored but more bemused. We were unlucky a couple weeks back against Airdrie but were never in it today. We are in big trouble unless the players find a bit of belief in themselves & back it up with some performances.

Attendance of 3,289 probably looks very decent for this division but it suggests a fair drop in the 3,800 or so we usually get.Signs that fans are not impressed with current events....

My social media was littered with posts today of regulars who are on holiday with it being the October holidays. Not sure I’d read too much into it.

Next weeks crowd is probably more of a gauge. It “should” be nearer 4000 based on the win today, holidays over & an increased away support. Peterhead brought 49 today.

My social media was littered with posts today of regulars who are on holiday with it being the October holidays. Not sure I’d read too much into it.

Next weeks crowd is probably more of a gauge. It “should” be nearer 4000 based on the win today, holidays over & an increased away support. Peterhead brought 49 today.

Maybe it’s just this forum but there’s a definite lack of enthusiasm and interest at the moment..

That was a bit of a mixed bag for me today.

Encouraged to see us set up again with width in midfield, although McManus really struggled on the left.

We had far too many slack passes, and really struggled to get out of first gear for much of the game. Peterhead were picking up plenty of loose balls in the middle of the park and a better team would have punished us for that. It would also be nice if we could get through a home game without one of our central defenders making a suicidal pass straight to the opposition striker.

Gomis probably our MotM, thought Telfer was pretty quiet today and probably playing too deep. Doyle was good I thought, his enthusiasm  and willingness to get forward has to be commended. The goals were well worked and well taken, and from the pictures it looks like McMillan was unlucky not to be awarded another.

On another note, the attendance today given as 3289 (albeit only 48 away fans) - must be our lowest league crowd in years?

Four goals, one for each striker and another clean sheet with Cammy Bell barely tested...can't complain too much really

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Seen highlights there... Having seemed like a bit of a mystery box job, McMillan is starting to look like the only bit of business Ray has done that you could describe as pretty shrewd. No one expected it, or had any clue how his form in Ireland might transfer to our level but he is looking better all the time, with sharp clever finishing and generally quite intelligent play. Certainly feels like a better option for helping the midfield get into the game too.

14 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Due to work could not attend today but is it as said a marker on our development since first game or perhaps a bit about the decline of the opposition . Won't complain about the score but interested to hear how people actually in the crowd and not like me watching on Bet 365 felt we played.

Course you can comment mate. It’s P&B so Bet365 is an acceptable method to follow your team.