Falkirk v Peterhead

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Jeezo :lol:

I didn't watch it either so have no view. You've managed to write off two players for us and draw broad conclusions about the opposition (absolute dross) as well as implying that the Falkirk team are bottle merchants.

Sometimes it's OK to just read what others have to say rather than posting filler based on the Sky Sports Score Centre. 

Here we go again..... Put it down m8. It's doing you no favours.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Here we go again..... Put it down m8. It's doing you no favours.

I saw you had replied to me and wondered if it would be a fishing rod or something. You have got to be doing this to just wind me up now. How can you post such stark opinions about a game you haven't seen a second of?

Lewis Moore for example, there could be a whole host of reasons why he came on. Maybe Peterhead were targeting us down that side and McKinnon wanted someone more defensive on to shore it up a bit? Maybe we have to play him in a certain number of games as a loan condition? Maybe he showed up well in the bounce game last week? He might've looked lively when he came on? I have no idea why he came on, what that says about the opposition, or how he performed when he was on the pitch today. So I don't say anything about it and let those who know what they're talking about state their opinion. 

Just now, Marshmallo said:

I saw you had replied to me and wondered if it would be a fishing rod or something. You have got to be doing this to just wind me up now. How can you post such stark opinions about a game you haven't seen a second of?

Lewis Moore for example, there could be a whole host of reasons why he came on. Maybe Peterhead were targeting us down that side and McKinnon wanted someone more defensive on to shore it up a bit? Maybe we have to play him in a certain number of games as a loan condition? Maybe he showed up well in the bounce game last week? He might've looked lively when he came on? I have no idea why he came on, what that says about the opposition, or how he performed when he was on the pitch today. So I don't say anything about it and let those who know what they're talking about state their opinion. 

Tbh, I could maybe give you that I was being a bit hard on Lewis Moore. Maybe, if you weren't simply servicing your weekly obsession with me. It's worrying, given your performances on other parts of the site. Maybe you would be best just firing me on ignore eh?

Expected was the result today, nothing fancy and although the scoreline suggests effective it was as it should be.

There was a small period of play where Peterhead had a portion of the game, one section where they passed around us like we were the PT time but we really don't need to play to our potential to win games, today was that example.

Our downfall under McKinnon is if we are 0-0 at half time and away games.

We would be looking at 6+ goals with a decent manager.

Ps not moaning just how I see it

Expected was the result today, nothing fancy and although the scoreline suggests effective it was as it should be.
There was a small period of play where Peterhead had a portion of the game, one section where they passed around us like we were the PT time but we really don't need to play to our potential to win games, today was that example.
Our downfall under McKinnon is if we are 0-0 at half time and away games.
We would be looking at 6+ goals with a decent manager.
Ps not moaning just how I see it

Our downfall last game came when we were 2 up and cruising......

Thought Dixon handled the defensive side quite well today, but nothing came from his side due to McManus more often being in the middle of the park than the wing. I was getting a bit pissed off with McManus but credit where it's due, after the penalty he could have just decided to down tools but he bucked his ideas up instead, put in a shift and scored a good goal. 

We  moved the ball around quite well once we the game was safe but I'd have liked to have seen Tidser on for Gomis when the result was beyond doubt as Gomis tired noticeably. 

4 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Thought Dixon handled the defensive side quite well today, but nothing came from his side due to McManus more often being in the middle of the park than the wing. I was getting a bit pissed off with McManus but credit where it's due, after the penalty he could have just decided to down tools but he bucked his ideas up instead, put in a shift and scored a good goal. 

We  moved the ball around quite well once we the game was safe but I'd have liked to have seen Tidser on for Gomis when the result was beyond doubt as Gomis tired noticeably. 

Gomis has tired every game after 60 mins. Not a slight on the guy, he’s almost always our best player for the first 60, but he should never ever be getting the full 90.

Still, a fairly satisfying win and raith’s away form problems never look too far away (maybe the same can be said for us too). 

Edited by bairn88

Peterhead were woeful, offered nothing at all the entire game.

I reckon we'll play better and lose games, couldn't believe we were 2 nil up at halftime, was very poor from both sides. If Durnan played like that against a decent side we'd have lost 2/3 goals.

McManus is a weird one, not sure he suits being on the wing and it wasn't really working out for him partnering either of the other two strikers. I wouldn't be shocked to see his loan deal getting ripped up in January as I can't imagine it's what either side wants from it.

Good start to the second quarter. Wasn't good football on the whole, but took our chances today against a mostly poor Peterhead.

McManus seemed to come alive when he came inside. Excellent goal too. Before that he was crap. Prefer connolly out there. He provides much more creativity.

Longridge had an uncharacteristically poor display. I'll forgive him though as I think he has been a big part of our upturn in performance recently.

I hope the attempt at keeping 4 strikers happy by shoe-horning them into the team doesn't continue.

We can be confident going into next week, but there's definitely room for improvement.

Due to work could not attend today but is it as said a marker on our development since first game or perhaps a bit about the decline of the opposition . Won't complain about the score but interested to hear how people actually in the crowd and not like me watching on Bet 365 felt we played.

Due to work could not attend today but is it as said a marker on our development since first game or perhaps a bit about the decline of the opposition . Won't complain about the score but interested to hear how people actually in the crowd and not like me watching on Bet 365 felt we played.

I wasn’t at the first game of the season when we drew 0-0 so it’s the first time I’ve seen Peterhead. For me they were marginally better than Dumbarton earlier in the season who were brutal. Peterhead were powder puff in front of goal but our defence still gave them chances by fluffing their lines on occasions. In saying that we actually played well in short spells but as usual we switched off for spells as well, especially straight after half time and Peterhead came more into the game.

McManus getting the MoM was a bit of a laugh. Definitely scored the best goal of the game and played a bit better the last 20 minutes but he was still minging up to that point. Interesting what happened with the penalty Sammon and McMillan having a race to who gets the ball first which Sammon wins but judging by his attitude and gesturing to the bench I can only assume McManus should be the designated taker. That’s us missed our last 3 now.

Not a great performance but professional performance against a really dreadful Peterhead side.

I only saw highlights of the first game, but thought Peterhead had nothing that day too, just we couldn't score in a barrel of fannys. Today we took some well finished goals. McManus's goal in particular is a peach, but MacMillan finished his well as did Sammon.

In conclusion I think it was just better finishing today. The performance was certainly not a thing of beauty, but it easily did the job.

MacMillan was very unlucky not to get a second with a deft little touch which hit the post and was clawed of the line. Anyone in line with it got a view on how close it was to going in? Should we be cursing the lack of goal line technology in league 1?