Double Standards To Racism and Bigotry

23 minutes ago, bennett said:

It's only sectarian when it's sevconians.....

We had a perfectly good law which dealt with it pretty well but one political party and one club got it rescinded. 

Clubs need to start making it clear that it's not acceptable anymore, tbh I wouldn't trust the SFA not to cock it up. UEFA recently gave us a get out of jail free card and hopefully the club continues to take a strong stance on the issue. 

So Rangers fans weren't up to their knees while the Offensive Behaviour Act was in force?

4 minutes ago, The DA said:

So Rangers fans weren't up to their knees while the Offensive Behaviour Act was in force?

Songs would start and fade away when it got to the offensive parts, most fans weren't brave enough to risk it.

4 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Good post.

Can't really go with the "learned this stuff at school" bit to be honest though.  I'd end the damaging religious apartheid in our school system tomorrow if I could, but I still think your assertion requires one Hell of a leap.

Oh sorry, I think I may have accidentally been misleading there, I didn't mean to refer to the separate schools. I mean the way they misbehave without technically breaking a rule - standard behaviour of bottom-set boys across the land. "But Miss, that's no' against the rules so ah didnae do nothing wrong."

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Oh sorry, I think I may have accidentally been misleading there, I didn't mean to refer to the separate schools. I mean the way they misbehave without technically breaking a rule - standard behaviour of bottom-set boys across the land. "But Miss, that's no' against the rules so ah didnae do nothing wrong."

Right, got you.

It's something they learnt at school, but weren't taught. 

How are we meant to educate kids that we are all the same and then explain to them why Catholics go to different schools?

Until we get all that shite into the sea where it belongs I really don't see how we are going to make it clear to future generations that bigotry is for morons

Educating people that if their life circumstances aren't great then it's better to focus on what they can do about it rather than look for a "Them" group to blame for everything would also help.