Double Standards To Racism and Bigotry

Course they can, they will bury their heads in the sand and sing ‘la la la’

It’s the same with the Dave king stuff, they can’t afford to not pass him as fit and proper as they can offend the team formerly know as Rangers.

Same with the idiots at Parkhead with their banners etc.

I actually think that we might start to see some action in the future because there is beginning to be more external pressure, i.e from UEFA and from social groups and society in general. The SFA can ignore those in the Scottish game but I don't know how long it can ignore those outwith it for.

Edited by Jambomo

17 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, objecting to sectarian behaviour is really boring isn't it.

It's much more exciting letting it flourish.

Do tell me what sectarian songs Celtic fans sing, I can think of precisely one... the 'sad ***********' one which was rightly condemned and I can count on the fingers of one hand the times i've heard it sung.

As usual, people bracketing Celtic/Rangers together on this kind of thing lazily and incorrectly, if you want to scrutinise the other lot by all means highlight wherever they have sung sectarian or racist songs and various other stuff but try and get facts correct when wrongly lumping Celtic in with it.

Edited by Flybhoy

Just now, Flybhoy said:

Do tell me what sectarian songs Celtic fans sing, I can think of precisely one... the 'sad ***********' one which was rightly condemned and I can count on the fingers of one hand the times i've heard it sung.

As usual bracketing Celtic/Rangers together on this kind of thing lazily and incorrectly, if you want to scrutinise the other lot by all means highlight wherever they have sung stuff but try and get facts correct when wrongly lumping Celtic in with it.

What bigoted songs do rangers fans sing? 

1 minute ago, Flybhoy said:

As usual bracketing Celtic/Rangers together on this kind of thing lazily and incorrectly, if you want to scrutinise the other lot by all means highlight wherever they have sung stuff but try and get facts correct when wrongly lumping Celtic in with it.

Which facts did I get wrong in my post?

2 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

As usual, people bracketing Celtic/Rangers together on this kind of thing lazily and incorrectly, if you want to scrutinise the other lot by all means highlight wherever they have sung sectarian or racist songs and various other stuff but try and get facts correct when wrongly lumping Celtic in with it.

Even though you are monumentally stupid, you still manage to be intellectually dishonest. Quite a feat.

Celtic flourish in this bigoted ideology. In the recent past, we can think of hanging effigies, the Rodgers at work sign, the song you mention and many, many more. Given nearly everyone on this forum has grown up in Scotland, we'll all have first hand experience of it.

In my own experience, the last Celtic game I went to (couple of years back), the guys walking behind me were singing the "I hope you die in your sleep Nacho novo" song. Not many of them, but it is ingrained in the society and culture of the club that this kind of filth is tolerated.

It's even worse that it isn't challenged by those who support Celtic. Your knowing acceptance and whataboutery are embarrassing and indicative of the support of only two clubs in this country. Tbf, at least your making a start with your username, instead of something like magee for example with all the terrorist connotations that has.

30 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Increasingly the pair of them are hiding behind proxy songs and symbols, as they stuff they really want to do gets too hot to handle. So at the last OF game there were paratroop regiment flags prominently on display. They'll claim this is about supporting Our Brave Boys, but really what it's about is celebrating the shooting of innocent Catholic civilians. Before anyone takes issue with that, consider this; they don't fly the flag of any other regiment. Just the guys responsible for Bloody Sunday.

Celtic are the same with the balaclavas - as Patrick Kielty calls them, Northern Ireland's national dress.  It's all nudge nudge, wink wink, aren't we clever for misbehaving in ways that can't get us into trouble. These guys learned this stuff at school.

Scotland would be a much better place without either of those football clubs existing at all.

From a Celtic man such as you who has made great play of being in Seville that's a bit two faced.

Edited by Jason King

3 hours ago, GordonS said:

Increasingly the pair of them are hiding behind proxy songs and symbols, as they stuff they really want to do gets too hot to handle. So at the last OF game there were paratroop regiment flags prominently on display. They'll claim this is about supporting Our Brave Boys, but really what it's about is celebrating the shooting of innocent Catholic civilians. Before anyone takes issue with that, consider this; they don't fly the flag of any other regiment. Just the guys responsible for Bloody Sunday.

Celtic are the same with the balaclavas - as Patrick Kielty calls them, Northern Ireland's national dress.  It's all nudge nudge, wink wink, aren't we clever for misbehaving in ways that can't get us into trouble. These guys learned this stuff at school.

Scotland would be a much better place without either of those football clubs existing at all.

Good post.

Can't really go with the "learned this stuff at school" bit to be honest though.  I'd end the damaging religious apartheid in our school system tomorrow if I could, but I still think your assertion requires one Hell of a leap.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

Classic diddyfest

It's clear people on P&B don't really know what sectarian means.

That's as bad as The Kincardine - sophistry at work.

Out with it - why isn't hating Prods or hating Kafilcks sectarian?  They're both Christian sects.

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

Classic diddyfest

It's clear people on P&B don't really know what sectarian means.

It's only sectarian when it's sevconians.....

9 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

With recent events can the SFA afford to keep ignoring thousands of fans singing bigoted songs every week?

We had a perfectly good law which dealt with it pretty well but one political party and one club got it rescinded. 

Clubs need to start making it clear that it's not acceptable anymore, tbh I wouldn't trust the SFA not to cock it up. UEFA recently gave us a get out of jail free card and hopefully the club continues to take a strong stance on the issue.