Arbroath Vs Morton

8 hours ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

After reflecting on todays game .............

And finally......Morton were garbage!!

Good to see you noticed any by the way so were Arbroath but at least you had the consolation of grabbing the points.

Good to see a defender who knows to take one for the team at the start when Nesbit was away. While others say he was not last man the adjacent defender was static and would never have caught Nesbit, red card I say.

Anyway enjoy your week.

Good to see you noticed any by the way so were Arbroath but at least you had the consolation of grabbing the points.
Good to see a defender who knows to take one for the team at the start when Nesbit was away. While others say he was not last man the adjacent defender was static and would never have caught Nesbit, red card I say.
Anyway enjoy your week.

He was at the half way line and two Arbroath defenders were running back alongside him

Collum is a dafty but no chance

Do Morton have highlights?

13 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Anyway enjoy your week.

Nonsense, a booking was clearly the correct decision.

Willie collum was doing his best to make a complete twat of himself yesterday, including getting in the way of the ball on 3 occasions 1 of which resulting in a disallowed goal then missing the most blatant hand ball I’ve seen for a while which should have been a penalty

Willie collum was doing his best to make a complete twat of himself yesterday, including getting in the way of the ball on 3 occasions 1 of which resulting in a disallowed goal then missing the most blatant hand ball I’ve seen for a while which should have been a penalty

Right in front of the lino aswell

46 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Anyway enjoy your week.

Not for one minute would I say we were good but certainly the better side over the 90.

As for the incident you are on about, from where I was standing, I don't think you could say it was a certain goal scoring opportunity, a booking was fair. Have to see some footage from a better angle to change my view.

Aye, I'll enjoy my week, you have a good one too.

Brutal.

One of those days when you don’t know who’s worse, the players or the manager. I’ll start with the manager...

If he picks Ramsbottom in front of Rogers and Blues in front of Lyon again, he can just go. Rogers has been disappointing, but the big ringer is nowhere near being a professional footballer. Will stand corrected if the highlights prove otherwise, but it looked as though Linn just hit it at where Ramsbottom was standing... and it more or less went straight through him. As for Blues, he can’t tackle, doesn’t run, doesn’t want the ball... the definition of a total passenger. Ran off the pitch when substituted as if he wouldn’t be back. Hope so.

Even worse, though (aye, I know), than the selection was the way Hopkin set us up, which was into Caldwell-type realms of total failure to understand anything about anything. I’ve got no issue with knocking it long to a target man and trying to play off second balls in their half, which is obviously how we set up; but we never at any stage in the game got anyone close enough to do anything when Sutton did win it... then descended into knocking it long to where Sutton _wasn’t_. We never varied it to knock balls into the channels, played almost no football on the deck, even in the final third, and by the end Sutton was totally isolated (even when McShug came on). I wouldn’t have blamed the big man for announcing his retirement all over again around the seventieth minute...

If Hopkin wants to play that way (and it’s pretty clear he does), it’s completely beyond me that you send a team out 4-5-1, wingers more or less staying wide, with three central midfielders. Having three in the centre of the park is usually about making sure you’ve got the bodies to play some sort of passing game... but we blootered it over their heads every single fuckin time, so they’re only really there to plug space when the ball comes straight back. Not one of them got anywhere near Sutton at any point in the game, either.; it’s the tactical equivalent of choosing to play with ten men. 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 if we’re going to play this way; otherwise, we need to stop trying to ‘play’ this way...

As for the players... Jesus f**k. Unless they’ve been explicitly told just to hit it back first time on every occasion, even if they’re standing in fifteen yards of space, it looks as though some have just lost their nerve and don’t want even to try to play. If that’s the case, we already need a clearout, because shitebags will fail in this league, no matter how poor it is. Even when we didn’t have the ball — so for most of the fuckin game — we hardly won a second ball after the first twenty minutes. When you’re trying to play a long-ball game that’s dependent on winning lots of second balls...

Worst player on the park (apart from Blues) was Welsh, but I’d go straight back to the manager on that. Letting a right-back go, not replacing him, then sticking in a young and inexperienced centre-back amid a tactical shambles... anybody connected with Celtic should really be asking to take him back for his own good. By the end of the game, the poor guy couldn’t do anything... couldn’t lump it, couldn’t control it, didn’t want it, couldn’t get out of the way of team-mates, couldn’t make a tackle. Painful to watch... and as much Hopkin’s fault as the boy’s.

Anybody who comes on and says talking about us getting relegated is knicker-wetting doesn’t know much about urine. That team could easily finish 9th or 10th, unless there are major changes to the core 14/15 players or a change of approach, or both. A Duffy or a Johansson would be looking at a ‘month to save his job’ after that. Same should go for Hopkin. All the talk early season was of budget cuts etc... but he’s been able to put together a squad of 22 ‘professionals’, a fair number of them on decent money. There are no excuses.

Brutal.
One of those days when you don’t know who’s worse, the players or the manager. I’ll start with the manager...
If he picks Ramsbottom in front of Rogers and Blues in front of Lyon again, he can just go. Rogers has been disappointing, but the big ringer is nowhere near being a professional footballer. Will stand corrected if the highlights prove otherwise, but it looked as though Linn just hit it at where Ramsbottom was standing... and it more or less went straight through him. As for Blues, he can’t tackle, doesn’t run, doesn’t want the ball... the definition of a total passenger. Ran off the pitch when substituted as if he wouldn’t be back. Hope so.
Even worse, though (aye, I know), than the selection was the way Hopkin set us up, which was into Caldwell-type realms of total failure to understand anything about anything. I’ve got no issue with knocking it long to a target man and trying to play off second balls in their half, which is obviously how we set up; but we never at any stage in the game got anyone close enough to do anything when Sutton did win it... then descended into knocking it long to where Sutton _wasn’t_. We never varied it to knock balls into the channels, played almost no football on the deck, even in the final third, and by the end Sutton was totally isolated (even when McShug came on). I wouldn’t have blamed the big man for announcing his retirement all over again around the seventieth minute...
If Hopkin wants to play that way (and it’s pretty clear he does), it’s completely beyond me that you send a team out 4-5-1, wingers more or less staying wide, with three central midfielders. Having three in the centre of the park is usually about making sure you’ve got the bodies to play some sort of passing game... but we blootered it over their heads every single fuckin time, so they’re only really there to plug space when the ball comes straight back. Not one of them got anywhere near Sutton at any point in the game, either.; it’s the tactical equivalent of choosing to play with ten men. 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 if we’re going to play this way; otherwise, we need to stop trying to ‘play’ this way...
As for the players... Jesus f**k. Unless they’ve been explicitly told just to hit it back first time on every occasion, even if they’re standing in fifteen yards of space, it looks as though some have just lost their nerve and don’t want even to try to play. If that’s the case, we already need a clearout, because shitebags will fail in this league, no matter how poor it is. Even when we didn’t have the ball — so for most of the fuckin game — we hardly won a second ball after the first twenty minutes. When you’re trying to play a long-ball game that’s dependent on winning lots of second balls...
Worst player on the park (apart from Blues) was Welsh, but I’d go straight back to the manager on that. Letting a right-back go, not replacing him, then sticking in a young and inexperienced centre-back amid a tactical shambles... anybody connected with Celtic should really be asking to take him back for his own good. By the end of the game, the poor guy couldn’t do anything... couldn’t lump it, couldn’t control it, didn’t want it, couldn’t get out of the way of team-mates, couldn’t make a tackle. Painful to watch... and as much Hopkin’s fault as the boy’s.
Anybody who comes on and says talking about us getting relegated is knicker-wetting doesn’t know much about urine. That team could easily finish 9th or 10th, unless there are major changes to the core 14/15 players or a change of approach, or both. A Duffy or a Johansson would be looking at a ‘month to save his job’ after that. Same should go for Hopkin. All the talk early season was of budget cuts etc... but he’s been able to put together a squad of 22 ‘professionals’, a fair number of them on decent money. There are no excuses.

Could the Lichties have ended another manager?

Agree with Unknown 1954. Good to get a result albeit against a poor Morton side. Second best defensive record in the league, unfortunately we have the worst goals scored, 6 after 9 games, and you have to score goals to win matches. Don't see how playing one up front is going to solve this problem, and can't rely on Bobby all the time. Love McKenna but he is wasted on the wing. Still upwards and onwards.

47 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Even if we do don't see much hope for them. Not one player looked any use

Could tell Partick had something about them and some good players there

Baird, Jacobs, Lyon, Cadden, Nesbitt, King, McHugh/Sutton go straight into your team, no problem, despite what you saw yesterday. That’s why the focus is on the manger.

Who is your no. 5, btw?

18 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Baird, Jacobs, Lyon, Cadden, Nesbitt, King, McHugh/Sutton go straight into your team, no problem, despite what you saw yesterday. That’s why the focus is on the manger.

Who is your no. 5, btw?

No 5 is our Thomas O'Brien, cape to us from Forfar, definitely one of our best signings 

Baird, Jacobs, Lyon, Cadden, Nesbitt, King, McHugh/Sutton go straight into your team, no problem, despite what you saw yesterday. That’s why the focus is on the manger. Who is your no. 5, btw?

I wouldn't take any of them.

Actually would have McHugh and King, only because we struggle upfront and out wide

Our midfield and defence and keeper are absolutely spot on

15 minutes ago, Plesslitchie said:

No 5 is our Thomas O'Brien, cape to us from Forfar, definitely one of our best signings 

Strolled it and looks as if he’ll go pretty far.

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I wouldn't take any of them.

Actually would have McHugh and King, only because we have 1 good winger and struggle upfront

Our midfield and defence and keeper are absolutely spot on

Nah, all of them would markedly improve your team (and you’ll note I was only offering you one defender and zero goalkeepers...).

That’s how bad we are.