Arbroath Vs Morton

55 minutes ago, highlandlichtie said:

Why not just get behind whoever the manager plays. No-one else is slotting the ball away now and again. We all want Doris to score but alas he does not when he plays. Spence started the session well but is not scoring. Donnelly and Linn are winning us points with few others getting goals so the manager is not keeping a match winner out it the team but just having a problem finding one.
Why not give it a break and get behind the team in a very difficult league.

Believe it or not im I'm agreement with every statement made there, but thanks for the "give it a break" - I'll keep my light hearted jokes for another thread 😂👍🏻

Edited by Plesslitchie

Donnelly isnt gonna suddenly turn into someone who bullys defenders and wins loads of headers like Doris and chase and hassle defenders like Mckenna, its not his game, we were told this before he signed and we have had him long enough to know this, He is however far better at bringing other players into game and his touch and control is better than the other options, We won but the chat is about Donnelly,

Poor game today shock we’ve had to rely on linn to save the day who tbh had a poor game. Miko was motm, gold very good too along with Thomson unreal how much we need him in the team look so much stronger when he plays. Donnelly done ok still think his best position would be just behind the striker. Donnelly is top of the striking pecking order imo.

Brilliant 3 points on a bad day of results around us

Over the moon with the win today ,such an important 3 points , once again we rely on a solid back 4 defensive display and a Bobby Linn goal , theres a lot of discussion in this thread about Donnellys performance ,I would think by now the majority of us who follow the lichties are well aware the big man is never a striker and certainly not a lone striker and I believe he plays that position , not because he wants to , but because Dick Campbell for some reason thinks he is his best option , which for me doesn't say much for our other strikers , however having said that ,the way Dick is setting the team up it wont matter who we play up top as a lone striker we are struggling for goals and we cannot continue to rely on our back 4 keeping clean sheets week after week at this level , 4 clean sheets in 9 league games is brilliant at any level , but 6 goals for in 9 games is pathetic and clearly needs to be addressed by the management team ,positives today apart from our defensive display is big Miko ? really looks like a terrific addition to the team and hopefully can get a run of games for us ,Stewart was excellent I thought , but was never going to last 90 minutes , negatives apart from our lack of a goal threat was Mckenna when he came on did not give us anything and I thought Whatley was very poor for the second week in a row and I wonder if the captaincy been taking from him is affecting his game ( I could understand if it was ) . Going forward , I believe we have a very experienced defence which have been the backbone of the managements success over the last 3or4 seasons , we have a match winner in Bobby Linn , but Dick needs to start being braver and trust this squad of players that he has to be more offensive (2 up front) and take these championship teams on , we have played them all now and the only team we struggled against was Ayr Utd , so come on Dick let the team off the leash and let's have a go the next quarter .

Over the moon with the win today ,such an important 3 points , once again we rely on a solid back 4 defensive display and a Bobby Linn goal , theres a lot of discussion in this thread about Donnellys performance ,I would think by now the majority of us who follow the lichties are well aware the big man is never a striker and certainly not a lone striker and I believe he plays that position , not because he wants to , but because Dick Campbell for some reason thinks he is his best option , which for me doesn't say much for our other strikers , however having said that ,the way Dick is setting the team up it wont matter who we play up top as a lone striker we are struggling for goals and we cannot continue to rely on our back 4 keeping clean sheets week after week at this level , 4 clean sheets in 9 league games is brilliant at any level , but 6 goals for in 9 games is pathetic and clearly needs to be addressed by the management team ,positives today apart from our defensive display is big Miko ? really looks like a terrific addition to the team and hopefully can get a run of games for us ,Stewart was excellent I thought , but was never going to last 90 minutes , negatives apart from our lack of a goal threat was Mckenna when he came on did not give us anything and I thought Whatley was very poor for the second week in a row and I wonder if the captaincy been taking from him is affecting his game ( I could understand if it was ) . Going forward , I believe we have a very experienced defence which have been the backbone of the managements success over the last 3or4 seasons , we have a match winner in Bobby Linn , but Dick needs to start being braver and trust this squad of players that he has to be more offensive (2 up front) and take these championship teams on , we have played them all now and the only team we struggled against was Ayr Utd , so come on Dick let the team off the leash and let's have a go the next quarter .

Whatley was our best player last week and was probably our 2nd best player today behind Miko.

After reflecting on todays game on my wee drive home & reading comments made, I have to agree with the majority of what's been said.

I wasn't overly impressed by Donnelly, but he tried & did a lot of running up top on his own. The big issue I have is we aren't playing to his strength, which for me is ball at the feet. He's not great in the air yet the ball is constantly pumped up to him.

Miko looks decent, good on the ball, likes a meaty challenge, needed to be a bit selfish a couple of times when he had the ball at the edge of the box. Could've had a pop at goal.

Thought Stewart had a pretty decent game, think there is more to come from him. Linn didn't do a great deal, but having said that, he didn't have a lot of the ball as usual, but when he scores a belter of a free kick, performance can tend to get overlooked. He's scored a few now from that sort of position, I remember ones v Forfar from similar area. As for Gaston, he must've got bored doing very little, hence coming out flapping for disallowed goal.

Not only was I surprised Whatley wasn't captain whilst starting, how come Little got bypassed & the armband given to TOB.

And finally......Morton were garbage!!

Never ceases to amaze me how differently people see games. I thought Whatley was very good for most of the game yesterday.

Dick has obviously made O’Brien captain due to the fact he is our best player and sees him starting every single game, also probably sees him as more of a leader than Whatley. 

or was it Little?

3 hours ago, Smokerson said:

Never ceases to amaze me how differently people see games. I thought Whatley was very good for most of the game yesterday.

Dick has obviously made O’Brien captain due to the fact he is our best player and sees him starting every single game, also probably sees him as more of a leader than Whatley. 

or was it Little?

Little has carried the ball, when Whately didn't start, that appeared to be a given and Little plays every game, to change any of it seems odd,  also not sure ToB has shown more leadership skills than many in the team, but not long after ToB signed a Forfar fan asked me if he was captain yet, as it was their understanding he was signed to be skipper

Disappointed that they seemed to stop as soon as the game started. They were creating a great atmosphere without it being confrontational

Our stewards shat the bed (shock ) as soon as they heard a drum, had police either side of them , they were doing no wrong

Fair buzzing after yesterday’s game. Not because it was any classic but I was fearful after the depressing capitulation to Clyde.
As a critic of Dick’s recent forward signings I have to balance that with praise for all the midfielders brought in. A lot of energy and attitude from all of them. Miko a standout yesterday.
Bobby Linn wasn’t at his best yesterday but made the difference with a classy free kick. He also drags defenders to him every time he collects the ball. The that makes space for the other forwards.