Arbroath Vs Morton

Had 0-0 written all over it but Bobby the magician done it again, big three points. Morton were really as  poor a team as some of their supporters were suggesting they were.

Edited by keptie

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Morton fan at the end screamed at the Morton changing room....

GET TOOOOOO FUCKKKKKKKK

emoji23.png

Glad to hear it. JJ or Duffy before him would’ve been hounded by now. f**k knows why he’s getting off with it so lightly. 

After last week's dismal showing we need an improvement and we were much better today. Yet again Bobby Linn saved the day. He'd not had his best game but his free kick for the goal was superb. We really need to get the win. We played some good possession football at times and need to work at keeping possession to frustrate the opposition. Disappointed to see Stewart's goal disallowed but it did take a slight deflection off the ref on it's way to him so a bounce ball had to be given. 

Virtanen was man of the match for me. Still don't know why the manager persists with Donnelly up front. He doesn't seem able to judge the flight of a high ball when it is crossed or cleared from defence. In the first half he won one header, same second half up to his substitution. Doris won more headers during his short time on the pitch.

Bit of a fright near the end when Gaston made a complete arse of coming for a crossed ball and Morton put it in the net. Luckily offside was given otherwise it would have been 2 points dropped.

Hope the Morton lad who had to go off isn't too badly injured. When he went down and didn't get up it reminded me of Doris' injury a couple of seasons ago, so best of luck to the lad.

After last week's dismal showing we need an improvement and we were much better today. Yet again Bobby Linn saved the day. He'd not had his best game but his free kick for the goal was superb. We really need to get the win. We played some good possession football at times and need to work at keeping possession to frustrate the opposition. Disappointed to see Stewart's goal disallowed but it did take a slight deflection off the ref on it's way to him so a bounce ball had to be given. 
Virtanen was man of the match for me. Still don't know why the manager persists with Donnelly up front. He doesn't seem able to judge the flight of a high ball when it is crossed or cleared from defence. In the first half he won one header, same second half up to his substitution. Doris won more headers during his short time on the pitch.
Bit of a fright near the end when Gaston made a complete arse of coming for a crossed ball and Morton put it in the net. Luckily offside was given otherwise it would have been 2 points dropped.
Hope the Morton lad who had to go off isn't too badly injured. When he went down and didn't get up it reminded me of Doris' injury a couple of seasons ago, so best of luck to the lad.

I think Morton player done his hamstring

I thought Donnelly was decent tiday and I'm not his biggest fan, won a few headers too so don't get that. It was pretty funny when he got a hard time from behind the goal for not managing to win a launched clearance in the second half the guy had no chance with it [emoji23]

Stewart was also good considering the circumstances

Was anyone filming? Bobby goal was lovely

Take that win all day long up till his free kick bobby was poor but a bit of magic won the game. But please get Donnelly to f**k he is shocking. Thought whatley played a captains part today shows what the lad is made of after getting the arm band taking of him.onwards and upwards lads on to firhill we go

Great 3 points and thought we merited it over the 90 minutes, much more possession compared to the last few weeks which was maybe down to weaker opposition.

Any success we have is going to have to be built on clean sheets, Great to get one today, Virtanen was easily the best player on the pitch, we’re a striker away from being a very good side i still think.

10 minutes ago, Douglas Peel said:

Donnely won 3 headers,right in front of me ,in the second half.

We now celebrate Donnelly winning three headers 😂😂

miko motm for me also and Stewart looked decent for being out. Still not liking dick not knowing his starting xl and chopping and changing. 

bobbys goal was class but wasn't his best game