Yer da's guide to shite male fashion

Hampden Diehard

OMG, you hit the nail on the head. Number 3 - "Trousers.  FFS people, sort this out.  There are two rules for trousers; (1) the waistband (and there's a clue in there)  should be pretty much near the waist.  No one is impressed by the Armani writing on your underpants..." I just hate this stupid trend. My girlfriend actually wears her jeans from Lily Lulu Fashion like this. I told her it's ridiculous, but she doesn't hear me, just watch the girls from Instagram dressed this way. God, please send her a brain.

Edited by sportman

10 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I’ve recently bought a couple of lumberjack shirts but I’m not sure I did the right thing

Could P&B’s fashionista contingent advise me on whether this was a wise purchase or should they have died along with Kurt Cobain?

Lol, lumberjack shirts are so trendy now, so this purchase is wise, man.

On 14/10/2019 at 21:44, Hampden Diehard said:

With the golden days of Levi Sta Press and made to measure Arthur Black shirts a distant memory, who better than a post-menopausal guy like myself to guide you through what not to wear.

1 - baseball caps.  The name is a giveaway; these are for guys at their work, but only if their work is being a baseball player.  On the back of the head at a jaunty angle, back to front, slightly sideways or, worse of all, perched on top of your hair to make you 4 inches taller is seriously wanky behaviour. I've got a leather cap that's that kinda shape, but only used to keep sun out of my eyes, or rain off my napper. So hardly ever, and what seems like all the fucking time, then.

2 - Mirror sun glasses.  Everyone, but everyone, wearing these looks like a total div.  The only exceptions are guys on a horse with a rifle guarding chain gangs in Alabama. Never. Ever.

3 - Trousers.  FFS people, sort this out.  There are two rules for trousers; (1) the waist band (and there's a clue in there)  should be pretty much near the waist.  No one is impressed by the Armani writing on your underpants, and (2), they should reach your shoes.  Three inches above the shoe with white socks or, God forbid, no socks is beast behaviour.  tl:dr; buy trousers that fucking fit, ffs. Also, why would any sane person spend a tenner a pair or more on shreddies?

4 - Matching gear with your beloved.  Nothing screams wankers like having the same gear on as the person who's with you, especially if its Star Trek stuff or matching shell suit style anoraks.  An honourable mention for the wee Celtic ultras who dress alike.  It's fuckin' creepy, kids, as if yer maws have bought a job lot of black gear. Me and Mrs WRK have never gone in for this lunacy. She is, after all, a completely different gender and wears appropriate clothes. As do I. ST costumes or shite football "leisurewear" are not clothing for adults, and shellsuits are simply an abomination.

5 - Harry Potter.  Seriously - adults in Hogwarts sweatshirts.  No wonder we lost the empire, as my auld maw would say.  My eldest granddaughter is into Harry Potter. She's seven, so that's fine. Rosette No 1. is also into the whole Hogwarts thing. She's twenty-eight, so it's pathetic.

Bubbling under - / spacers in your ears.Fúck yes - also overabundant or unusually-sited piercings.  Whit is that all about? / anything by a "designer" - the Looky Looky man on the beach in Spain is selling the same stuff you're wearing for a fiver.

11 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I’ve recently bought a couple of lumberjack shirts but I’m not sure I did the right thing

Could P&B’s fashionista contingent advise me on whether this was a wise purchase or should they have died along with Kurt Cobain?

Couple of years ago, I bought a Dickie's work shirt (green/black plaid, padded) and I can honestly say it's the best £25 I've spent on clothing for a while. Fits neatly into that "chilly, but not cold enough for the big coat" area, with the added bonus of having a bit of a NY vibe.

I occasionally toy with the idea of buying one in red, but I've already got this one - why would I buy another? I suppose I can get a red one as a replacement when this one wears out, but I have a feeling it might outlast me.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

11 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Only if you're gay and trying to give off a straight boy next door vibe.

For some reason stone island gear annoys me more than it should. 
Something to do with the daft wee label on the sleeve probably. Was it the football hooligan's label of choice at one point?

Stone Island stuff is vastly overpriced shite.

The latest S.I tribute act type brands, namely MA Strum and CP Company are basically how to look like a fucking walloper or how to make folk assume you’re a fucking walloper.

They jackets with the goggles built into the hoods...[emoji1]

On 19/02/2020 at 21:33, 8MileBU said:

The latest S.I tribute act type brands, namely MA Strum and CP Company are basically how to look like a fucking walloper or how to make folk assume you’re a fucking walloper.

They jackets with the goggles built into the hoods...emoji1.png

CP Company and MA Strum have been about for years. 

On 19/02/2020 at 13:33, 8MileBU said:

They jackets with the goggles built into the hoods...emoji1.png

I'm pretty sure CP Company was around before Stone Island.

You're right about the goggle jackets though. The woolly hats with goggles in them are even worse.

boys-goggle-beanie-hat-p92493-553808_image.thumb.jpg.1005e0cfc40328e71fa925113a1c24d5.jpg

On 18/02/2020 at 20:59, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Do you like to skip and jump and press wild flowers?

Do you wish you'd been a girly just like your dear Papa?

Then the answer is yes.

On 20/02/2020 at 23:30, GNU_Linux said:
On 20/02/2020 at 22:45, 8MileBU said:

Maybe, no idea. I had never heard of CP Company until maybe a year or two ago.

CP Company was founded 1974 with Stone Island starting 1982 as a diffusion line of CP Company.

Yep, the only pretender to the throne is Ma Strum. Which, tbh, chucks out far better jackets than the other two. 

Yep, the only pretender to the throne is Ma Strum. Which, tbh, chucks out far better jackets than the other two. 

I think most of their stuff looks daft as well tbh. There was one jacket I did like the look of but on further inspection I thought it was basically just Superdry with a 300% mark-up.