UEFA’s 3 step protocol on racism

I’m watching the England game and I’ve only just found out about UEFA’s new three step protocol on racism.

1) The referee stops the game and the Stadium announcer tells fans the game will be suspended or abandoned if it continues.

2) The suspension of the game. Players could go to changing rooms for a period of time.

3) The match is abandoned. I’d assume the other team is awarded a 3-0 win but I can’t find that information yet.

Could and should Scottish football apply the same protocols to sectarianism? Motherwell might win the league this year if they did.

Discuss.

37 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I’m watching the England game and I’ve only just found out about UEFA’s new three step protocol on racism.

1) The referee stops the game and the Stadium announcer tells fans the game will be suspended or abandoned if it continues.

2) The suspension of the game. Players could go to changing rooms for a period of time.

3) The match is abandoned. I’d assume the other team is awarded a 3-0 win but I can’t find that information yet.

Could and should Scottish football apply the same protocols to sectarianism? Motherwell might win the league this year if they did.

Discuss.

That would mean the SFA/SPFL having to admit we have an issue in this country.  Personally I would love to see Steve Clarke lead from the front on this.

1 hour ago, Estragon said:

No referee would ever choose to implement it for fear of the crackpots on whatever side he penalised. 

Plus you'd no doubt get people sneaking into their rivals' end to try and get them docked points.

On 14/10/2019 at 20:32, Gianfranco said:

Discuss.

Would be worth at least 30 points of a head start to the rest of us diddy teams anyway, making it a bit more interesting. Till their fans got the message and behaved themselves anyway.

Then could start goading them with 'you're not singing sectarian songs anymore', 'will we sing a sectarian song for you', to see if we could squeeze out a few more points deductions from them.

35 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Would be worth at least 30 points of a head start to the rest of us diddy teams anyway, making it a bit more interesting. Till their fans got the message and behaved themselves anyway.

Then could start goading them with 'you're not singing sectarian songs anymore', 'will we sing a sectarian song for you', to see if we could squeeze out a few more points deductions from them.

Is it only old firm fans who have sections who can't behave, do you really believe that....

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Is it only old firm fans who have sections who can't behave, do you really believe that....

Course not, but it's you two that has the most fans and the longest history of it, and the ones that would have the toughest time stopping it. You both feed of it and seem to think it is ok to sing sectarian songs, and any time you get pulled up for it, you revert to type, and come back with some deflection trying to divert attention away from your own actions by blaming other clubs behaviour, as if that somehow absolves your own fans vile behaviour. Instead of bringing up the behaviour of other clubs fans, you need to own your own clubs problems with their fans and deal with them. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

43 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Course not, but it's you two that has the most fans and the longest history of it, and the ones that would have the toughest time stopping it. You both feed of it and seem to think it is ok to sing sectarian songs, and any time you get pulled up for it, you revert to type, and come back with some deflection trying to divert attention away from your own actions by blaming other clubs behaviour, as if that somehow absolves your own fans vile behaviour. Instead of bringing up the behaviour of other clubs fans, you need to own your own clubs problems with their fans and deal with them. 

On here most old firm fans readily admit when their fans step out of line and would happily see it left in the past. It shouldn't stop them from pointing out that the behaviour of others also leaves a lot to be desired. 

13 minutes ago, bennett said:

On here most old firm fans readily admit when their fans step out of line and would happily see it left in the past. It shouldn't stop them from pointing out that the behaviour of others also leaves a lot to be desired. 

Yeah most doesn't cover all, and magnified to the lager scale of representing your supporters it gets worse, they all too readily want to focus on something Celtic fans did instead of what their own fans are being brought up for, or Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen fans did throwing stuff onto pitches etc. The fact you're even bringing this up proves that, your question of do I think it is only OF fans , that isn't exactly owning up to your problems is it. That's more, hey look it isn't just us so get off our backs.

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah most doesn't cover all, and magnified to the lager scale of representing your supporters it gets worse, they all too readily want to focus on something Celtic fans did instead of what their own fans are being brought up for, or Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen fans did throwing stuff onto pitches etc. The fact you're even bringing this up proves that, your question of do I think it is only OF fans , that isn't exactly owning up to your problems is it. That's more, hey look it isn't just us so get off our backs.

That simply isn't true and just makes you look silly. You can condemn the actions of up your own team while making comparisons with others.