Stuart Campbell/Wings Over Scotland

Flybhoy

"If we allow people to say they're whatever gender they want, men might go into female toilets and harass them"
Why can't would-be sex pests go into a female toilet and harass women right now?
"I was going to go in there and molest wimmen, but there's a sign on the door so I cannae."

Also, it doesn't look like men are having any trouble sexually assaulting women right now, and have no need to pretend to be a women to achieve it.

Statistically speaking most sexual assault incidents occur in the home and by people the victim knows, are we going to ban cohabitation and mixed gender homes?
Statistically speaking some sexual assaults occur elsewhere and that's ok? I have no idea what you think your point is.

I'm not being dishonest I'm just pointing out your preferred solution of not making life a bit better for people whose lives are very difficult in case someone masquerades as them and then goes on to do crimes is not proportionate to the risk. It leaves you open to accusation of prejudice.
So, you must be able to give me a link that shows exactly what the risk of allowing men into women's safe spaces is, right?

Right but your denial of trans rights is real and actually happens whereas men's invasion of women's spaces is vanishingly rare. Be intellectually honest about what's an acceptable price for trans people to pay for your imagined invasions not to happen.
Rape is an acceptable price is it? You misogynistic f**k. Unbelievable.

Denying 100% of trans people gender ID because you're worried it'll increase the risk of some non-trans people raping women is plainly transphobic.
There's lots of things that precipitate sex crimes on a totally different scale, yet are judged acceptable by society. You should ask yourself how much time and energy you devote to the self ID issue versus for example alcohol sales and then reflect on why that is.

100% of trans people are not denied their gender in any way, sport. You're being dishonest again. It seems you can't help yourself.

2 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:
4 hours ago, GordonS said:

I'm old enough to remember when that line was commonly aimed at gay people.

No you're not you fucking liar. Nobody was stupid enough to suggest the sexes should be segregated before.

That's not relevant to the bit I quoted.

Calm down on the abuse.

2 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:
11 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Oh my mistake they can all go to the ladies toilets after all, fait accomplis

Trans people can go wherever they are welcome, the question is where men can go. Why are you so determined to be dishonest?

In your opinion, are trans women men?

The idea a bloke changing his gender makes him suddently invisible to the authorities is silly.
I know you can. The current system is highly medicalised and critics of it say it is an undignified process where they have to sit and be judged. The new system gives an element of control to the person wanting to change their gender. It's such a small thing and I've no idea why you want to fight it so hard. Your position is qualitatively indistinguishable from banning muslims from planes etc.
I've just given you a concrete example of self-gendering causing a problem and you've blanked it because it doesn't fit your worldview.