Stuart Campbell/Wings Over Scotland

Flybhoy

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

No it,s not just about trans folk, but it might as well be when your argument is about anybody being able to blag their way into women only spaces by abusing GRA.

The net result is the same. It's genuine, innocent trans people who are going to be discriminated against and vilified through association, so in reality, it might as well all be about trans folk.

No.  Trans folk are normal human beings in an unusual situation that is difficult to deal with.  They are not sexually aggressive men trying to get their jollies.

Just now, Baxter Parp said:

No.  Trans folk are normal human beings in an unusual situation that is difficult to deal with.  They are not sexually aggressive men trying to get their jollies.

So let's accept for a moment that you do, in fact, have a legitimate point about people who want to assault and abuse women using self-ID to blag themselves into women-only spaces. What is your proposed solution to this problem?

8 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

So let's accept for a moment that you do, in fact, have a legitimate point about people who want to assault and abuse women using self-ID to blag themselves into women-only spaces. What is your proposed solution to this problem?

I don't have one, nor did I ever say that I did.  I believe in equality above everything. Women's rights must be protected and trans people's rights must be protected but men are c***s.

Edited by Baxter Parp

Just now, Baxter Parp said:

I don't have one, nor did I ever say that I did.  I believe in equality above everything. Women's rights must be protected and tans people's rights must be protected but men are c***s.

You don't protect trans people's rights by telling them they're not women, or not regarded as equal with women who were born as biological women, or by telling them they can't live their lives as women, or that they can't be permitted to use women's facilities because a few people, and it is literally a handful of reported incidents, self-ID'd as women and then went on to assault other women.

I agree, you're absolutely correct in that women's rights also need to be protected, but the right to not be assaulted or attacked  is universal, it's doesn't require addendum referring to specific places and interactions with specific groups.

2 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

You don't protect trans people's rights by telling them they're not women, or not regarded as equal with women who were born as biological women, or by telling them they can't live their lives as women, or that they can't be permitted to use women's facilities because a few people, and it is literally a handful of reported incidents, self-ID'd as women and then went on to assault other women.

Uh-huh and as I say self-ID isn't commonplace yet.  On the other hand: https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/dear-stonewall-please-reconsider-your-approach

5 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Uh-huh and as I say self-ID isn't commonplace yet.  On the other hand: https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/dear-stonewall-please-reconsider-your-approach

I'm not sure why you're linking that in a response to me. Are you asking whether I'm in agreement with Stonewall or not?

There's always been a huge divide and disagreement between LBG activists and groups and what became the 'T'. The Stonewall stooshie is nothing new. A lot of folk who identify with one of those groups would deny utterly that they have anything in common with any of the others, whereas the flipside of that is that the issues the groups individually face are much the same, therefore some people argue that collectivised activism and advocacy makes perfect sense. Stonewall's position was inevitably going to cause strife.

Edited by Boo Khaki

54 minutes ago, Trans007 said:

I created my account to engage with  a bigoted coward who threatened physical violence. 

53 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

What did I say that was bigoted?

48 minutes ago, Trans007 said:

I'll tell you what I'll call you a bigot to your face and see what you do it about it. 

I don't know what's more pathetic? That you'd rather call him a bigot than actually refute his argument  or that you created an account with the sole purpose of doing so.

Society regresses from behaviour like this.

It's a social convention and if you change the social convention so that people feel unable to challenge the presence of an intruder you're going to have problems.

Statistically speaking most sexual assault incidents occur in the home and by people the victim knows, are we going to ban cohabitation and mixed gender homes?