Stuart Campbell/Wings Over Scotland

Flybhoy

Just now, DA Baracus said:

They would, just as would happen in the future, because a trans person doesn't just decide to 'pull on a dress and a wig' one day.

You might not be bigoted but you sure are using phrasing and arguments that suggest otherwise.

For the nth time, we are not talking about trans people invading anywhere or doing anything.  Trans people have been using appropriate facilities for many years without incident. I'm not sure why I have to repeat it but I am discussing the issue of men being able to access places that were verboten and would now be open to abuse if self-ID became a thing. I will punch in the face any arsehole that dares to call me a bigot.

Just now, Baxter Parp said:

For the nth time, we are not talking about trans people invading anywhere or doing anything.  Trans people have been using appropriate facilities for many years without incident. I'm not sure why I have to repeat it but I am discussing the issue of men being able to access places that were verboten and would now be open to abuse if self-ID became a thing. I will punch in the face any arsehole that dares to call me a bigot.

Pipe down bigot.

Anyway, folk might try and abuse it, but for the nth time, folk can do so now. It really would be no different. Folk would still question a guy who just 'pulls on a dress and a wig' to go in to a woman's toilet to rape or molest females. Quite why they'd do that when they could just walk in without dressing up is a mystery.

It's a very silly argument indeed. 

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Pipe down bigot.

Anyway, folk might try and abuse it, but for the nth time, folk can do so now. It really would be no different. Folk would still question a guy who just 'pulls on a dress and a wig' to go in to a woman's toilet to rape or molest females. Quite why they'd do that when they could just walk in without dressing up is a mystery.

It's a very silly argument indeed. 

Bollocks.  If every man can declare themselves to be a woman then it's obviously open to abuse. How can you deny it?

Edited by Baxter Parp

Just now, Baxter Parp said:

Bollocks.  If every man can declare themselves to be a women then it's obviously open to abuse. How can you deny it?

No more so than it is now.

We're going round in circles here.

3 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Because it's already how it works in Ireland, Malta, Norway, Portugal, Argentina and Belgium and there has been no epidemic of sex crimes in any of these countries.

Please do provide links showing that there has been no knock on effect in any of those countries. Incidentally, I would be happy if that was the case but feminist groups have been saying for some years now that it's definitely an issue.

Edited by Baxter Parp

20 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

You are a bigot and your backward views are holding this country back. Fingers crossed for a cold winter and we'll finally be rid of horrible bigots like you and get the yes vote the rest of us deserve. 

Just now, Trans007 said:

You are a bigot and your backward views are holding this country back. Fingers crossed for a cold winter and we'll finally be rid of horrible bigots like you and get the yes vote the rest of us deserve. 

Thanks for creating your account so you could wish me dead for saying " Trans people have been using appropriate facilities for many years without incident. "

1 minute ago, Baxter Parp said:

Thanks for creating your account so you could wish me dead for saying " Trans people have been using appropriate facilities for many years without incident. "

I created my account to engage with  a bigoted coward who threatened physical violence. 

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

Hello Funding Council as you know, there hasn't been a big uptick in men pretending to be trans people doing crimes in our country. I'd like money from you to publish a paper on it with statistically nonsignificant results.

How do you know it's statistically insignificant?

Just now, MixuFixit said:

Because that's why there are no academic papers on it. It's not a thing that happens and so it doesn't generate interesting science so it doesn't get funding to publish anything.

If you know that it's statistically insignificant then someone must have done a study to establish that fact. Otherwise it's not a fact, it's a hunch.

Just now, Trans007 said:

I'll tell you what I'll call you a bigot to your face and see what you do it about it. 

Tell you what you can call me a bigot when you explain what I said that was bigoted.  Ok? You get a free pass, all you have to do is say what it was that was bigoted. Easy peasy.

51 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Self ID isn't close to universal yet and the problem isn't with trans folk at all.  Other than that you have a clear and precise grasp of the issue.

No it,s not just about trans folk, but it might as well be when your argument is about anybody being able to blag their way into women only spaces by abusing GRA.

The net result is the same. It's genuine, innocent trans people who are going to be discriminated against and vilified through association, so in reality, it might as well all be about trans folk.