Stuart Campbell/Wings Over Scotland

Flybhoy

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Wonder if Stu got a KB from a trans person and is forming his own trans hating incel movement, its the only logical reason.

He was bumping his gums about the feminist movement years ago, he's just twigged that this is the most socially acceptable way of expressing his misogyny much like Graham Linehan spends his days calling young queer women "groomers" under the guise of "protecting women". Both sweaty nonces.

Rev Stu is an utter w@nk. It's not just the trans debate - he seems to piss folk off left, right and centre and on many issues. Could you imagine him walking into a pub and mouthing off like that? If he hates Twitter so much for repeatedly banning him then why does he keep going back?

3 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Was thinking more about this 'new party' they want to set up and just realised the reason it will never happen is that the people who believe this stuff are also the people who think doing politics means posting and/or suing people. While both are noble endeavours I'm not sure either has mass appeal. 

Lenin became the leader of the Soviet Union off the back of posting but none of these bozos can hold a torch to his posting ability.

And in a way, Stalin managed to isolate all of his opponents off the back of suing them. Suing them to the gulag and/ or a purge through a show trial.

Edited by NotThePars

I suppose there's also the story about Lenin successfully suing the guy who knocked him off his bicycle - he must be the exception that proves my rule. 

This is all bolstering my theory that Wings is the Trotsky of independence: relevant in the heyday, increasingly owned to greater and greater obscurity before being [parody] seen off by the actual successors.

Ofc you couldn’t picture the Rev firing round the country in an armoured train owning his detractors but it’s the best I’ve got.

9 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

This is all bolstering my theory that Wings is the Trotsky of independence: relevant in the heyday, increasingly owned to greater and greater obscurity before being [parody] seen off by the actual successors.

Ofc you couldn’t picture the Rev firing round the country in an armoured train owning his detractors but it’s the best I’ve got.

You being a Commie is the new Duff Man being married. 

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Wonder if Stu got a KB from a trans person and is forming his own trans hating incel movement, its the only logical reason.

I was actually just about to ask how folk like Campbell and Linehan end up absolutely frothing messes over something that has seemingly never affected them. Campbell's obviously in it for the combative attention, but I don't think Linehan's ever been so venomous about anything else, so it's a strange decision to choose to die on that particular hill.

Seeing as how Limmy got mentioned earlier, here's a video of him rambling about having a very slight problem with Linehan...I guess? Nothing to do with transphobia or anything, just reminded of it because someone once posted it somewhere as an example of Limmy PWNING the Father Ted chap, whereas he just rambles a bit about maybe not really thinking Linehan did the right thing about something minor. Bit of an odd one.

Spoiler

2 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Weird how a big cohort of TERF weirdos online are obsessed with making that connection then.

It is basically being litigated just now.

You should be able to support trans rights and also  biological female only sporting competitions. The abuse Lynsey Sharp took for complaining about racing against athletes with far higher T levels was ridiculous.

I remember when that video of Limmy popped up in my youtube suggestions. It's funny how the people who would use the term "woke thought police" with no trace of irony are just as snidely judgemental as the people they decry, which is the impression you get from Linehan. That or he just spends far, far too much time online. 

Speaking of which, fatshaft's performance on this issue is fantastic. This is mainly because it seems to boil down to an earnest belief that gender recognition is undermining the independence movement's... movement for independence, as if it's impossible to have a reasonable change in social policy at the same time as working towards a much more significant political event. Quite why so many people can bemoan this while latching slavishly on to someone as deranged as Campbell is is beyond me, since it's the exact same thing they're criticising other people for doing. Just because you thought the Wings Over Scotland blog was right about everything - in both tone and detail - during the referendum doesn't mean you need to defend everything the guy does and fight the same fights he fixates on. You'd look like a twat even if Campbell's main causes weren't rooted in bigotry and marginalisation. 

Gender is only the proxy issue. The issue is how to proceed to Indyref2 but that won't be in play until after '21 elections.

Either there will be a majority in Parliament for Indyref2 in which case the debate will rage about how to proceed when Boris refuses (to Catalan or not to Catalan basically). Or there won't be a majority and Sturgeon's job will be up for grabs. 

Managerialism Vs radicalism. The same fight the radicals in the Labour Party just lost. 

Edited by Detournement

10 minutes ago, Detournement said:

You should be able to support trans rights and also  biological female only sporting competitions. The abuse Lynsey Sharp took for complaining about racing against athletes with far higher T levels was ridiculous.

Her Polish friend saying she was proud to be the first European and second white in the race didn't help her, but I agree.

25 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Can't imagine why people reacted negatively to a privileged white woman who was shit at her job crying about the apparently abnormal black woman, one of several, being better than her.

You can disagree with that framing if you like but ultimately dumb libs framing it as a gender issue aren't going to outpost those treating it as a race issue.

6 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Can't imagine why people reacted negatively to a privileged white woman who was shit at her job crying about the apparently abnormal black woman, one of several, being better than her.

You can disagree with that framing if you like but ultimately dumb libs framing it as a gender issue aren't going to outpost those treating it as a race issue.

I can see why you blocked me now, you can't fling this "defence" about McKinnon, so best not engage eh? 

I do have some sympathy within the sporting context, similar to if Semaya's South African compatriot Pistorius  gets brand new lower legs when he gets out of jail that get him to a 8.7 sec 100 metres. Unusual and unlikely situations, but if balls give you a serious competitive advantage it's not really a level playing field. Then you can say the same about Australian swimmers with feet the size of flippers so it's a minefield.

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I was actually just about to ask how folk like Campbell and Linehan end up absolutely frothing messes over something that has seemingly never affected them. Campbell's obviously in it for the combative attention, but I don't think Linehan's ever been so venomous about anything else, so it's a strange decision to choose to die on that particular hill.

Seeing as how Limmy got mentioned earlier, here's a video of him rambling about having a very slight problem with Linehan...I guess? Nothing to do with transphobia or anything, just reminded of it because someone once posted it somewhere as an example of Limmy PWNING the Father Ted chap, whereas he just rambles a bit about maybe not really thinking Linehan did the right thing about something minor. Bit of an odd one.

Reveal hidden contents

Think they both got trapped into thinking life is more real on twitter than real life, and followed the rabbit down the hole.

P.S. Not Limmy.

Edited by welshbairn

5 hours ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Haha get it up ye fatshaft, yer boi got emptied. You going to follow him over to Reddit or 4chan or wherever he sets up shop next?

Sooner these wings fans/transphobe da weirdos set up their new party and settle down to get 1% of the vote the better imo. 

The SNP struggle to get a majority as it is without losing the Yer Da vote. Just as well the Greens and hopefully this new Yer Da Has Wings party will be there to prop them up.