Stuart Campbell/Wings Over Scotland

Flybhoy

1 minute ago, carpetmonster said:

Aye, a racist transphobic w**k is the key to understanding a party that’s just elected a brown geezer that’s looking to take Westminster to court over the GRA bill, you’re spot on. 

Tbf it's an unsurprising take from a sock puppet pretending to be a bible thumper

3 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Aye, a racist transphobic w**k is the key to understanding a party that’s just elected a brown geezer that’s looking to take Westminster to court over the GRA bill, you’re spot on. 

Sorry mate, but these sort of slurs are so overused that they have become meaningless.

His info is accurate, evidently.

Edited by CarrbridgeSaintee

4 minutes ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

Sorry mate, but these sort of slurs are so overused that they have become meaningless.

His info is accurate, evidently.

No, they absolutely haven’t, and it’s very telling that you think I’m trying to slur him rather than just stating facts. 

I wouldn’t know, he blocked me on Twitter without me ever interacting with him. Freeze peach and all that jazz. 

8 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

Tbf it's an unsurprising take from a sock puppet pretending to be a bible thumper

Maybe by account number 2000 he’ll have learned the subtleties between ‘spicy take’ and ‘objectively dogshit’ although I’m not hopeful. 

No, they absolutely haven’t, and it’s very telling that you think I’m trying to slur him rather than just stating facts. 

I wouldn’t know, he blocked me on Twitter without me ever interacting with him. Freeze peach and all that jazz. 

If you can show where his info has been wrong, then go ahead.

1 minute ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

3 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Reading comprehension is hard, eh? 

7 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

That's Humza, aye?

Probably the most craven post I've read about Scotland's new FM.  Absolutely no normal person cares that he's a 'brown geezer' except for NatScots.

BTW when's this, "looking to take Westminster to court" nonsense going to happen?  Answer?  Never.

Best thing for Humza to do is use the £4K per taxpayer per annum that we south-England taxpayers featherbed you with to try and make Scotland a better place.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

That's Humza, aye?

Probably the most craven post I've read about Scotland's new FM.  Absolutely no normal person cares that he's a 'brown geezer' except for NatScots.

Apart from all your Britnat pals on Twitter saying he isn’t Scottish. Given, they’re pretty fucking far from normal. 

BTW when's this, "looking to take Westminster to court" nonsense going to happen?  Answer?  Never.

Do you want to do a 50 quid charity bet and not welch out of it this time? 

Best thing for Humza to do is use the £4K per taxpayer per annum that we south-England taxpayers featherbed you with to try and make Scotland a better place.

Hic! 

Apart from all your Britnat pals on Twitter saying he isn’t Scottish. Given, they’re pretty fucking far from normal. 

Do you want to do a 50 quid charity bet and not welch out of it this time? 

I lost a bet and paid up.  This is a matter of record.

Wingsy obviously fires out a lot of horseshit I don't agree with but with me being union-minded it's to be expected he'd have more in common with his fellow independence travellers on here on a lot of topics than with me. What you can't doubt is his ability to chase a paper trail- look at the stuff on the 600k, snp membership size etc - you have to separate the art from the artist so to speak

Being blocked from Mad Stu's Twitter doesn't prevent you from reading his journalism. You're being daft.

His journalism used to be interesting but his interpretation of his sources now is often barking. Yesterday he had a go at the bottle return scheme and concluded it'll be too expensive and Scotland's disposable plastic footprint is quite wee.

Definitely becoming distinctly Ukip.

18 minutes ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

A good example of Campbell using incorrect information is the graph in which he claims that independence support has flatlined since 2015

47polls.jpg?w=617&ssl=1

My go-to site for statistical analysis of Indy polling is Scot Goes Pop. Here's what James Kelly of that site has to say

Once again we must start with Campbell's Lib Dem-style dodgy graph which falsely claims that support for independence has remained absolutely static on 47% since just after the independence referendum.  I've comprehensively debunked that graph many times before, but it looks like I'll just have to keep doing it every so often, because he's determined to treat his readers with utter contempt by telling them the exact same lie over and over and over again.  Below you'll find the real figures for independence support in recent times, which as you can see actually show substantial changes from year to year.  The annual averages for conventional polling are now updated with the final average for 2022, which saw Yes fall shy of the 50% mark by just 0.2 percentage points.

Yearly support for Scottish independence in the Scottish Social Attitudes Survey:

2014:  33%

2016 (a):  39%

2016 (b):  46%

2018:  45%

2020:  51%

2021:  52%

Average yearly support for independence in conventional opinion polling:

2016:  47.7%

2017:  45.3%

2018:  45.5%

2019:  47.6%

2020:  53.0%

2021:  49.6%

2022:  49.8%

For the sake of simplicity, the above figures use any poll included in Wikipedia's main list of independence polls.  

Accordingly, it should be a simple matter for anyone to compare Campbell & Kelly's figures. 

2 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

A good example of Campbell using incorrect information is the graph in which he claims that independence support has flatlined since 2015

47polls.jpg?w=617&ssl=1

My go-to site for statistical analysis of Indy polling is Scot Goes Pop. Here's what James Kelly of that site has to say

Once again we must start with Campbell's Lib Dem-style dodgy graph which falsely claims that support for independence has remained absolutely static on 47% since just after the independence referendum.  I've comprehensively debunked that graph many times before, but it looks like I'll just have to keep doing it every so often, because he's determined to treat his readers with utter contempt by telling them the exact same lie over and over and over again.  Below you'll find the real figures for independence support in recent times, which as you can see actually show substantial changes from year to year.  The annual averages for conventional polling are now updated with the final average for 2022, which saw Yes fall shy of the 50% mark by just 0.2 percentage points.

Yearly support for Scottish independence in the Scottish Social Attitudes Survey:

2014:  33%

2016 (a):  39%

2016 (b):  46%

2018:  45%

2020:  51%

2021:  52%

Average yearly support for independence in conventional opinion polling:

2016:  47.7%

2017:  45.3%

2018:  45.5%

2019:  47.6%

2020:  53.0%

2021:  49.6%

2022:  49.8%

For the sake of simplicity, the above figures use any poll included in Wikipedia's main list of independence polls.  

Accordingly, it should be a simple matter for anyone to compare Campbell & Kelly's figures. 

Thanks for the comprehensive reply Lichtgilphead.

I wonder what figures W.O.S is going by to make 47%. Do you happen to have a link to the blog post in question?

7 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

Being blocked from Mad Stu's Twitter doesn't prevent you from reading his journalism. You're being daft.

His journalism used to be interesting but his interpretation of his sources now is often barking. Yesterday he had a go at the bottle return scheme and concluded it'll be too expensive and Scotland's disposable plastic footprint is quite wee.

Definitely becoming distinctly Ukip.

Scotland's, "disposable plastic footprint" IS quite wee.

Fascinated to know what it has to do with UKIP.  Maybe the best ever P&B non-sequiturs we'll never hear about.

5 minutes ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

Thanks for the comprehensive reply Lichtgilphead.

I wonder what figures W.O.S is going by to make 47%. Do you happen to have a link to the blog post in question?

If you do a google image search, you will find the misleading graph in at least 10 of his posts between May 2022 & March 2023. Take your pick.