Stuart Campbell/Wings Over Scotland

Flybhoy

4 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I didn't specifically name you there, but if you feel the description applies to you, crack on 😂

Can I just check, it’s ok for you to be insulting to people but when Stuart Campbell does it it’s beyond the pale, yes?

47 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Can I just check, it’s ok for you to be insulting to people but when Stuart Campbell does it it’s beyond the pale, yes?

Campbell is an absolute OFTW weirdo. Personally I didn't have an opinion one way or the other about the rights and wrongs over whether or not he should be kicked off Social Media platforms - I just found it extremely funny that he was and that it would be a bit harder for him to grift from simpering transphobic fools such as yourself. 

23 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Campbell is an absolute OFTW weirdo. Personally I didn't have an opinion one way or the other about the rights and wrongs over whether or not he should be kicked off Social Media platforms - I just found it extremely funny that he was and that it would be a bit harder for him to grift from simpering transphobic fools such as yourself. 

I’m not remotely transphobic. Just completely disinterested. is that allowed? 

This is all the baggage that this thread of opinion in Scotland is bringing up. Campbell speaks to a small but vocal minority in Scotland, trading on his earlier works with the Wee Blue Book. It has now pivoted to just piss and vinegar, with trans issues as the touchstone as it inflames passions. 

At least the May election showed just how minor this minority is. Campbell just comes over now as an angry man looking for something to be angry about. 

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

This is all the baggage that this thread of opinion in Scotland is bringing up. Campbell speaks to a small but vocal minority in Scotland, trading on his earlier works with the Wee Blue Book. It has now pivoted to just piss and vinegar, with trans issues as the touchstone as it inflames passions. 

At least the May election showed just how minor this minority is. Campbell just comes over now as an angry man looking for something to be angry about. 

I agree. His investment in trans issues has been a bad strategic error. It’s a load of utter nonsense with crazed extremists on both sides of the debate and no room for any sense or decency. 

I think the percentage of the population with any interest in it is incredibly low. 

2 hours ago, Thorongil said:

What I will also say is this. Craig Murray has been found guilty and rightfully so IMO. I read his blog that morning and thought “jeezo”. He did commit the offence. Is prison justified? Yes, I think it probably is. 

I say this as a fan of Salmond generally and someone who believes he was appalling treated and set up by Sturgeon’s familiars. But Murray DID overstep the mark. deliberately. 

Other journalists have done similar and gotten away with it. I don’t honestly think there was intent from them though to reveal identities of complainants.

I still don't understand why Murray didn't take down his article when warned to in the first place (in January 2020).  Seems like he thought he was smarter than everyone else.

I still don't understand why Murray didn't take down his article when warned to in the first place (in January 2020).  Seems like he thought he was smarter than everyone else.

That last sentence is it basically. You can argue the morality or ethics of the conviction but everyone could see where it was heading as soon as he did it except, apparently, Murray.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

That last sentence is it basically. You can argue the morality or ethics of the conviction but everyone could see where it was heading as soon as he did it except, apparently, Murray.

I agree. Murray is prone to extreme hubris.

52 minutes ago, O_Kahn said:

He's got a martyr complex, and I don't doubt that getting more contributions from sympathisers is a factor too. Not too different from poor Tommy deliberately and publicly breaking contempt of court law to get the donations flooding in. Murray probably didn't think it would go as far as actually going to jail though. 

Edited by welshbairn

17 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I've had a really bad day week fortnight, so thanks for making me laugh. That's a quality insult.

Ach, it's Friday. Put the bad fortnight behind you.

Here's a dog that might help you feel better.

giphy.gif

21 hours ago, Thorongil said:

That would be a very sad thing for a 41 year old adult male with children to be spending his time doing. 

Only now am I even seeing the association you are making with the word “Ranger”. 

You are dealing with some paranoid blood and soil Nationalist windmill-tilters who will abuse anyone who doesn't conform to their narrow world view.

Had you chosen 'Smith' as a user name and Celtic as your team and posted stuff they didn't like then at least one of them would have said such as, "Celtic fan but named after that b*****d Ranger from Yogi Bear".

Don't make the mistake of thinking the ScotchNats on here are rational - or even reasonable.

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

You are dealing with some paranoid blood and soil Nationalist windmill-tilters who will abuse anyone who doesn't conform to their narrow world view.

Had you chosen 'Smith' as a user name and Celtic as your team and posted stuff they didn't like then at least one of them would have said such as, "Celtic fan but named after that b*****d Ranger from Yogi Bear".

Don't make the mistake of thinking the ScotchNats on here are rational - or even reasonable.

No mention of gonks and as such this is like Les Dawson without a mother in law joke.

Not to worry though, it's pre season and time is plentiful.

The truism is that form is temporary and class is permanent, so fear not.

You keep using the phrase "blood and soil nationalists" - care to name them specifically?

Avoiding the question I asked last night.

You keep using the phrase "blood and soil nationalists" - care to name them specifically?

18 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Avoiding the question I asked last night.

What?  And have you empty-headed natters go down one of your 'angels dancing on the head of a pin' rabbit holes?  There's no gain in that for me.  Anyway, just you do what you do best:  Making puerile  'drunk' jokes or endlessly posting your daft memes.

I see the AUOB Brigade were in Yes City today.  All 27 or so of them.  These are the people who will take Scotland forward to the sunlit uplands of independence:

auob1.thumb.jpeg.76b972c7f45d865846317949de2dec98.jpeg

auob2.thumb.jpeg.4cc890dbaebfc0c414512b373c90d1f7.jpeg

auob3.thumb.jpeg.bb85ff84998910947a5eba147bd31e22.jpeg

ScotchNatterism is gubbed.  A busted flush.  And through hubris, incompetence and the narrowest of narrow-minded tribalism you managed all by you divisive and aggrieved selves.

What?  And have you empty-headed natters go down one of your 'angels dancing on the head of a pin' rabbit holes?  There's no gain in that for me.  Anyway, just you do what you do best:  Making puerile  'drunk' jokes or endlessly posting your daft memes.
I see the AUOB Brigade were in Yes City today.  All 27 or so of them.  These are the people who will take Scotland forward to the sunlit uplands of independence:
auob1.thumb.jpeg.76b972c7f45d865846317949de2dec98.jpeg
auob2.thumb.jpeg.4cc890dbaebfc0c414512b373c90d1f7.jpeg
auob3.thumb.jpeg.bb85ff84998910947a5eba147bd31e22.jpeg
ScotchNatterism is gubbed.  A busted flush.  And through hubris, incompetence and the narrowest of narrow-minded tribalism you managed all by you divisive and aggrieved selves.
Deflection.

Answer the question.

Who are all these "blood and soil natters" on P&B?