Stuart Campbell/Wings Over Scotland

Flybhoy

34 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I think he's correct on an awful lot of stuff, unfortunately he puts too much bitterness into his posts. 

He's certainly got Sturgeon and those around her pegged. 

Do you think the following statement is accurate, and one of the things that Rev Stu has pegged about Sturgeon? 

Nicola Sturgeon busily turns Scotland into a vicious, spiteful, intolerant, authoritarian and misogynist country

I got as far as this

I’m already 53 and the men in my family rarely get much past 70. I don’t intend to waste the rest of my life waiting for that to happen, and unlike some I’m not prepared to lie to people in the meantime for the sake of a paycheque or a cosy wee country cottage or a pathetic delusion of relevance like some broken-record bloggers or media pundits who should have been pensioned off a decade ago.

Nor am I willing to destroy my health and happiness by putting myself through the fury of being lied to every day, never mind all the accompanying abuse.

As far as I'm aware I've only ever read two Wings Over Scotland posts - this one and one last week about who to vote for in certain places - and if this is the level of self-awareness that's been on display for the past few years I'm sure I've not missed much. 

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Do you think the following statement is accurate, and one of the things that Rev Stu has pegged about Sturgeon? 

Nicola Sturgeon busily turns Scotland into a vicious, spiteful, intolerant, authoritarian and misogynist country

As always its a bit over the top for me, I'm not into overly dramatic statements for the sake of it, it highlights a lack of self esteem/confidence IMO, he actually posts in a manner of someone who has been bullied. 

47 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Of course, but you only have to look at the conspiracy nutterdom around the Salmond case to see how many people make that leap.

Ah yes, if it wasnt a penalty it must have been a dive logic....

56 minutes ago, renton said:

Ah yes, if it wasnt a penalty it must have been a dive logic....

Good analogy, but to make it more accurate it's as though the referee has to be sure it was a penalty beyond all reasonable doubt, and they don't see the actual incident, they only have it described to them by the two players themselves much later. 

38 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Good analogy, but to make it more accurate it's as though the referee has to be sure it was a penalty beyond all reasonable doubt, and they don't see the actual incident, they only have it described to them by the two players themselves much later. 

We're talking about the actual match not analysing the highlights later on. 

Fervently hoping this is a ploy to extract more money from the perpetually angry, or that he has another grift lined up. Perhaps there's a gap in the market for slanderous diatribes against Alan Titchmarsh in Gardener's World?

The alternative is that he'll be slinking back to re-opening thirty year old feuds that he started in computer magazines when he was a teenager, and bitterly stalking independent game developers because their game looks like a game that his mates made when John Major was still Prime Minister.

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

Fervently hoping this is a ploy to extract more money from the perpetually angry, or that he has another grift lined up. Perhaps there's a gap in the market for slanderous diatribes against Alan Titchmarsh in Gardener's World?

The alternative is that he'll be slinking back to re-opening thirty year old feuds that he started in computer magazines when he was a teenager, and bitterly stalking independent game developers because their game looks like a game that his mates made when John Major was still Prime Minister.

Which way Gen X games reviewer man and it's Stu and Charlie Brooker

3 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Which way Gen X games reviewer man and it's Stu and Charlie Brooker

I wonder if Charlie used to read Campbell's Amiga Power stuff back in the day.

Main difference is that Brooker has always been a talented writer with a confrontational persona, but was secretly a good lad who didn't actually want to hurt anybody's career for not kissing his arse.

An absolute fucking reptile of a guy, right up there with Janey Godley and Murdo Fraser as some of the most despicable human beings shat into civilisation by Scotland last century. 

Regardless of his politics, and there is the odd facet of his I actually agree with, based purely on his disgusting comments on Hillsborough and trans gender people I genuinely hope his cock falls off.

And aside from those two individual subjects there are countless other examples of him acting like an absolute lowlife, suffice to say hopefully he slithers off somewhere discreet and keeps his disgusting opinions on people and subjects to himself. 

Edited by Flybhoy

On 16/05/2021 at 19:45, BFTD said:

I wonder if Charlie used to read Campbell's Amiga Power stuff back in the day.

Main difference is that Brooker has always been a talented writer with a confrontational persona, but was secretly a good lad who didn't actually want to hurt anybody's career for not kissing his arse.

Charlie Brooker is married to Konnie Huq, which makes him a 100% winner in my eyes. Campbell lives with pet rats.

article-2074515-0F2F68AD00000578-366_468x873.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Craig Murray was refused permission yesterday by the High Court to appeal to the Supreme Court.  He can try and appeal directly to the Supreme Court, so they've extended his bail for a month to allow him to do that.

The open letter from his wife to Lady Dorrian is quite something, accuses her of imposing a "deliberate death sentence knowing and ignoring his health conditions".  

Murray's defence tried to argue that sending a journalist to jail was incompatible with Article 10 of the ECHR.  Two Romanian journalists who had been sentenced to jail had their prison terms overturned by the European Court of Human Rights on the basis that this was disproportionate and that care must be taken not to effectively dissuade the press from discussing matters of legitimate public concern.

The court disagreed, due to the effect of Murray's actions on the rights of the complainers in the Salmond trial, and said that the sentence was proportionate in this case.

I wonder if the UK Supreme Court will take on the case.

• 1 month later...