Stuart Campbell/Wings Over Scotland

Flybhoy

8 minutes ago, BFTD said:

He got kicked off Twitter, but apparently couldn't stay away. The Ghana Tourist Authority account is him flying under the radar.

and him writing "F*ck Independence".....wow he has absolutely lost it.  His site is possibly the most depressing place on the internet these days but hopefully two word statements to this effect will even drive away many of his "supporters" now

2 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

and him writing "F*ck Independence".....wow he has absolutely lost it.  His site is possibly the most depressing place on the internet these days but hopefully two word statements to this effect will even drive away many of his "supporters" now

I'm not surprised, let's just say. Independence, or any other issue, is never the most important thing with the Reverend.

2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Did Linehan's wife leave him after his tweetings? That might be too much for me to bear.

He allegedly said this to the House of Lords the other day when he made an appearance to moan about something. 

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Did Linehan's wife leave him after his tweetings? That might be too much for me to bear.

Just looked it up, and apparently he says that his wife left him due to his financial instability as a result of all the woke, PC b*****ds that stop him from working!

What a massive insult to his wife, basically calling her a gold digger despite being pretty successful in her own right. Linehan has absolutely lost the plot and I'm starting to wonder if we won't find out someday that this has all been part of some kind of nervous breakdown.

3 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Outstanding dedication to The Online here.

You mind that bit in 300 where the Spartans encounter other Greeks and laugh at them for being like potters and carpenters in their daily lives unlike them who are bred from birth to be warriors? That's Linehan hearing you haven't had a divorce in the pursuit of posting.

That Ghana account being WOS is hilarious to me because I don't follow the guy so have no idea about him other than he was every Yessers favourite go to and now he is their mortal enemy but during the Sturgeon trial I remember looking through Twitter to see if there was any interesting takes and I stumbled upon that account and they were relentlessly retweeting everything from the Unionist side, the name stuck out to me so I had a look on their page, I just thought it was a strange joke name from a Unionist poster. 

3 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

That Ghana account being WOS is hilarious to me because I don't follow the guy so have no idea about him other than he was every Yessers favourite go to and now he is their mortal enemy but during the Sturgeon trial I remember looking through Twitter to see if there was any interesting takes and I stumbled upon that account and they were relentlessly retweeting everything from the Unionist side, the name stuck out to me so I had a look on their page, I just thought it was a strange joke name from a Unionist poster. 

Aaaand relax.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm now banned from viewing tweets for the Ghana Tourism Authority - my crime - accusing the account of impersonation - which is against Twitter's own rules.

I have reported the account but I doubt Twitter will do anything - not unless the real Visit Ghana complain themselves.

Have been seeing some of his stuff shared by the more extreme Unionists in the past week - some of it is is just utterly ridiculous - it's almost as if Campbell needs another court case to crowd fund

I don't think it's a stretch to say before around 2016, Stuart Campbell's rougher edges were ignored by most nationalists on the basis that he seemed to do a good job at picking apart articles written that misled in one way or another. A lot of mainstream SNP politicians followed him and retweeted him then, who would not dream of doing so now. There were only a few people who were on the yes side and consistently opposed to him, one of them is Kate Higgins who is now an SNP SpAd.
It doesn't really matter, he's gone beyond the pale since then and it's reasonable for unionists, who were always in his sights, to be saying 'do you get it now?' to nationalists.
I have always opposed him.

But then, I was not on the independence side back in 2014.

You could say something similar to Unionists who are gleefully spreading his anti-SNP stuff now - why do you suddenly believe everything he utters as fact when you did not believe him at all in 2014?

I've always thought he was a nasty c**t. And it was easy to avoid giving his blog any hits as the stuff always ended up getting posted on here. He definitely got worse and worse as well though, which makes a more logical explanation for avoiding him now than anything else really.

Fair comments. I quite enjoyed his dissection of the MSM but every so often he'd tweet something eyebrow-raisingly mental. I think the Dugdale court case was where for most folk he crossed, very publicly, into absolute zoomer territory.